Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edjaru)
    hey guysh. I've got an English offer for deferred entry in 2012 but I've been told my college will "contact me shortly" in order to confirm which college has accepted me. I've had my offer for about a week now and was wondering if anyone else knows how long it takes to get confirmation from a college?
    On the website it says you should hear from a college within three weeks, I'm in the same position haha. What college did you specify?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got English offers? If so when did they apply? I'm still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    I'm pretty sure they don't, seem to remember reading that on their website.
    :yep: But I guess that's what attracted me to it!
    ye, i would be annoyed if we did need to be interviewed though cuz it is so far away!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get the offer/congratulatory e-mail from the actual Durham admissions office (not UCAS) this afternoon? UCAS told me about my offer last tuesday but the e-mail from the actual university has only just arrived lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    ye, i would be annoyed if we did need to be interviewed though cuz it is so far away!
    Yeah, it'll take around 2 1/2 - 3 hours to Durham from Bristol I think, not really too keen on hauling myself out of bed that early to make the interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    Did anyone else get the offer/congratulatory e-mail from the actual Durham admissions office (not UCAS) this afternoon? UCAS told me about my offer last tuesday but the e-mail from the actual university has only just arrived lol.
    Yeah just got it lol and I've had an offer for over a week. I saw Durham in the subject line and for a second I thought it was going to be them telling me which college I was allocated to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Yeah just got it lol and I've had an offer for over a week. I saw Durham in the subject line and for a second I thought it was going to be them telling me which college I was allocated to.
    Yeah me too! Got really excited for a second =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    I havent got an official offer yet, but iv applied to a competitive college so it will be a while before i hear back
    congratulations!
    is AAB what you expected?
    Oooo well I'm sure you'll deffo get one soon! Yeah I don't think Grey is a popular college... even the name isn't particularly appealing!
    Yup AAB is their standard offer for music

ReputationRep:

Same!!!! I thought I was being told about my college allocation but no.

Anyone with an offer heard from their allocated college yet?

ReputationRep:
    Which college are you going for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hnk2401)
    Same!!!! I thought I was being told about my college allocation but no.

Anyone with an offer heard from their allocated college yet?
    I'm not sure anyone has just yet =/ Which one did you specify?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Which college are you going for?
    I put down castle as my preference but I'd be happy just about anywhere to be honest =]

ReputationRep:
    On the website it says you should hear from a college within three weeks, I'm in the same position haha. What college did you specify?
    Thankyou! I applied for University because I didn't really have any idea and the castle looked pretty handy! And yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomin-matt)
    Anyone else got English offers? If so when did they apply? I'm still waiting
    Yes, I've applied for English and got an offer last week. I sent off my application on about 5th October.. I've got a friend who's been rejected who applied on the 15th October-ish

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! I applied for University because I didn't really have any idea and the castle looked pretty handy! And yourself?
    Haha yeaaah I'm much the same. It wasn't as if I was gonna be able to get out to any open days so I figured there must be a reason for why castle was so oversubscribed and after reading some student reviews thought why not =P I hope if I don't wind up there though I'm at either Hatfield or Trevelyan though just having a place anywhere is enough for me =]

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeaaah I'm much the same. It wasn't as if I was gonna be able to get out to any open days so I figured there must be a reason for why castle was so oversubscribed and after reading some student reviews thought why not =P I hope if I don't wind up there though I'm at either Hatfield or Trevelyan though just having a place anywhere is enough for me =]
    THe same here really, any offer at all is what I was looking for! Hatfield looks nice...dodgey reputation though! Are you 2011 entry?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure anyone has just yet =/ Which one did you specify?

St Aidan's but tbh i don't mind where i am. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    THe same here really, any offer at all is what I was looking for! Hatfield looks nice...dodgey reputation though! Are you 2011 entry?
    Does it have? I was unaware, what happened there? Yeah I am, are you? What course (sorry if it's already been said).

(Original post by Hnk2401)
    St Aidan's but tbh i don't mind where i am. How about you?
    I requested university college but I'm happy just to have an offer =]

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=playxsailxliv;28521182]Does it have? I was unaware, what happened there? Yeah I am, are you? What course (sorry if it's already been said).

Nope, I'm 2012 entry, I don't think I could handle another 3 years of education straight away! And I'm in for English, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've applied for English and got an offer last week. I sent off my application on about 5th October.. I've got a friend who's been rejected who applied on the 15th October-ish

arr awesome
    i applied on 19th october. cannot describe how awesome the course looks though. if the same modules were at any of my other choices id pick it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.