Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    Anyone know if Durham waits until after the Jan deadline to start replying for all courses, or if it ever replies earlier for some courses?
    Some people hear back before that deadline, others don't hear until March...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-girl)
    Some people hear back before that deadline, others don't hear until March...
    Ah ok, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going for Law? If so, predicted grades?

Predicted AAA, but slightly worried as I've heard Law is competitive, and thinking I may need to pull an A* out the bag?

I've had a part-time job in a solicitors for a year now, and have shadowed my cousin (a barrister) frequently. Does this give an advantage or not?

Panicking as you can tell, any feedback would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCHAWG)

Predicted AAA, but slightly worried as I've heard Law is competitive, and thinking I may need to pull an A* out the bag?

I've had a part-time job in a solicitors for a year now, and have shadowed my cousin (a barrister) frequently. Does this give an advantage or not?

I'm applying for Law too, but have AAA already.

Not sure about the A*, they told me I met the requirements so not having one wouldn't matter. I think LNAT performance matters more to them to be honest.

Good luck anyway, what college did you plump for?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the application ratio for Politics or International Relations ??

is either one easier or harder to get a place on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCHAWG)

They told me at the open-day that they weren't using the A* atm but were considering it. However, they stressed the importance of the LNAT saying that above 25/42 would be very good and to quote the lecturer above 30 would be 'bloody unbelievable' Your work exp sounds amazing and will definately show your commitment to law.
    What college are you hoping to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Appying for Mphys (F301) at Butler, sent form off on friday :yep:
    Durhams a great university, has alot of history and a nice city, my no1 choice.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to St Aidan's for physics. Heard there are a lot of shared rooms. I'm worried because I'd prefer my own room Does anyone know the chances of me getting my own room at St Aidan's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fat-Love)
    Applied to St Aidan's for physics. Heard there are a lot of shared rooms. I'm worried because I'd prefer my own room Does anyone know the chances of me getting my own room at St Aidan's?
    I don't know the stats but you can't guarantee not getting one, a friend of mine (who's a guy) asked to not have a shared room and was given one and couldn't get out of it.

He didn't have a medical reason or anything why he couldn't share but he had told them he really didn't want to, so I wouldn't apply thinking that there'll definitely be enough people who want to share to mean that you don't have to.

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend who had to share for his first term at Castle last year and he said it was actually quite cool. I've applied to Castle and I was a bit worried about sharing too, but I think ultimately it's only a term which will go really quickly and after that you're top of the list for a single room. Good way to meet people/break the ice as well. Also, how much time will you actually spend in your room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    I had a friend who had to share for his first term at Castle last year and he said it was actually quite cool. I've applied to Castle and I was a bit worried about sharing too, but I think ultimately it's only a term which will go really quickly and after that you're top of the list for a single room. Good way to meet people/break the ice as well. Also, how much time will you actually spend in your room?
    Oh didn't realise you changed rooms every term.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying as a mature student for Psychology at Trevelyan (live out)

ReputationRep:
    At Aidans you keep the same room every term, so you share for the whole year if at all. Having said that though, one of my friends there who was sharing swapped for 3rd term with a friend who'd had a single room as said friend was good friends with her roommate and she wanted her own space for 3rd term.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Natural Sciences at Van Mildert College, though all of them look pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    I believe so but might not be true for everyone/all colleges..

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the college - not all do. Why not ring up Aidan's and ask what they do?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm looking to apply for English Literature at Josephine Butler... don't have a hope in hell really - got A*AB at A level. Am retaking a module to bump the B up to an A (7 marks :/) and got Distinction at AEA English but this is a long shot. Ah well...

ReputationRep:
    Geoscience at St. Mary's

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when we get our login details for the Durham applicants portal thing? I want an offeeeeerrrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    Anybody know when we get our login details for the Durham applicants portal thing? I want an offeeeeerrrrr
    You should get it anytime now. I got my login details two days after I applied, but couldn't use them until Oct 1.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.