Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    2 people from my school year are both doing the same course at the same college...think that says it all really.

ReputationRep:
    3 people from my school all started at St John's this year, so it obviously doesn't make the slightest bit of difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    What do you guys think of this?

I got an offer for law like 2 weeks ago, and my AES under links (college section) since then had always been "Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track." I just checked tonight, and now university college shows up under that section. Is it in the realm of possibilities that I have been alloted to castle?

oh and i have been checking aes everyday (lame I know), so it hasn't been like that before.

can someone else with an offer check and see if their college shows up under links in AES?
    Yeah mine did the same thing on monday but i was too afraid to make any assumptions! Im glad im not the only one...confirmation today maybe?

fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    Yeah mine did the same thing on monday but i was too afraid to make any assumptions! Im glad im not the only one...confirmation today maybe?

fingers crossed!
    I hope! If they have an automated system send the emails, it could be a week or so before an email goes out because there was delay on the "congratulations you have an offer" letter.

I think the fact that yours showed up on a Monday is a good sign. Since mine didn't show up until last night. So it wasn't like a system thing that did it all at once.

Ahhh watch me try to rationalize some more....

ReputationRep:
    Finally reached the department wooo, now lets hope they accept me :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    o__o I definately hope they don't interview then! Checked the website and they said they don't interview unless it's in exceptional circumstances so we should be alright. I'd like to visit though, I've not actually seen it.
    They will probably invite you to some applicant open day which you might want to go to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkestskies)
    I'm really not sure... I've been looking at both of the syllabuses but I don't know yet! I'll be talking things through with my teacher tomorrow; I'm sure he'll have an opinion. How about you?
    Im doing the DipLCM, which isnt that prestigious but is something i suppose
    its in two weeks :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukethePianoMan)
    Im doing the DipLCM, which isnt that prestigious but is something i suppose
    its in two weeks :O
    Oh wow! :O Good luck! Yes, it absolutely is - pffft to prestige, a diploma in itself sounds bloody impressive. XD

(Also, a lot of love for your avatar! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkestskies)
    Oh wow! :O Good luck! Yes, it absolutely is - pffft to prestige, a diploma in itself sounds bloody impressive. XD

(Also, a lot of love for your avatar! )
    Cheers, I love the Avatar, I want a poster of it in my room!)
    Ye, the Diploma sounds cool to anyone who doesnt do music, and if I pass, which is unlikely, I get letters after my name and the right to wear a certain gown, which is good going when I am not even 18!

ReputationRep:
    They will probably invite you to some applicant open day which you might want to go to
    :p: Not if I get rejected! Still, not heard anything from them yet so I guess no news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    Geography BA
    Hild/Bede

ReputationRep:
    I just got confirmation from St Aidan's

Does anyone know anything about St Aidan's/are there now? I've never seen it/don't know much about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    :p: Not if I get rejected! Still, not heard anything from them yet so I guess no news is good news!
    ye ok, if u say so!
    Though no news is not always good news, for youth enterprise we are doing an X Factor style show, and are only going to let the successful auditionees their outcome, a bit mean, but we don't want to tell them t their facesm, it will upset them!
    u should get a place though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hnk2401)
    I just got confirmation from St Aidan's

Does anyone know anything about St Aidan's/are there now? I've never seen it/don't know much about it.
    Nice!

Did they send an email?

ReputationRep:
    Nice!

Did they send an email?
    Nah I got a letter in the post
    Did you also apply there ?

ReputationRep:
    ahhh!! just got an offer for biomed!! aes still says at department... mmm??!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I love the Avatar, I want a poster of it in my room!)
    Ye, the Diploma sounds cool to anyone who doesnt do music, and if I pass, which is unlikely, I get letters after my name and the right to wear a certain gown, which is good going when I am not even 18!
    (It is some seriously beautiful album artwork! Gotta love Muse.)

Absolutely! The letters-after-name bit especially makes the prospect/suggestion of doing a diploma instantly awesome, I've found. What pieces are you playing for it?

ReputationRep:
    theology at van mildert.... haven't heard anything yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hnk2401)
    Nah I got a letter in the post
    Did you also apply there ?
    Ahh really? It could be awhile for me then since it will have to get to the US. Mail usually takes 5-7 days. No, I applied for castle.

On your AES, if you go to links, does your college come up under the college section or does it just say "Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track/"

ReputationRep:
    Ahh really? It could be awhile for me then since it will have to get to the US. Mail usually takes 5-7 days. No, I applied for castle.

On your AES, if you go to links, does your college come up under the college section or does it just say "Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track/"
    Ah right that's kl.
    Yea I just checked: it says St Aidan's So you'll probably be able to find out there before the post arrives!

Which course did you apply for?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.