Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckyIsOptimistic)
    Mine just turned to the same thing!!
    This means a pretty much guaranteed offer right?
    & also o/t but Hi! Haven't spoken to you in aaaages
    :woo:
    And I think (/ REALLY REALLY HOPE) so! (well, there were some reasons on the website as to why it doesn't necessarily mean an offer, but they didn't seem as though they could apply this early on in the cycle, so.... )
    How are things going for you elsewhere, UCAS-wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Yo bro let me know when you get a letter in the post. I'm trying to gauge how long it'll take to get from the UK to the US. If my calculations are correct, we should get something this week.
    Yep I will do, same to you =] I'm estimating tomorrow or the next day hopefully knowing the DC post system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alphaeta08)
    I know! Dodgeball gets such a bad rap because lame parents think it's too rough for their babies, but it's those skinny quiet kids you have to watch out for. They're the ones with like four balls behind their back.
    This is too true, I wish I could say I was any good at dodgeball...unfortunately I'm awful and usually the one who hangs back and then is left alone to defend my side at the end of the game up against all the really intense players on the other team haha. Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorlarose16)
    Anyone with a history v100 offer yet?
    Yeah just got one on Friday.. not sure what college yet though! About 6 weeks after submitting form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    I don't think it really lessens your chance of getting a Durham offer, you're just less likely to get into your college of choice. I was hoping for an early offer so I'd get into Castle before it filled up (not going well so far haha).
    Ah well... My ex gf has an interview for pps at cambridge soon and she got into Durham the other day, and she has roughly the same credentials as you- so your offer may come very soon me thinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    :woo:
    And I think (/ REALLY REALLY HOPE) so! (well, there were some reasons on the website as to why it doesn't necessarily mean an offer, but they didn't seem as though they could apply this early on in the cycle, so.... )
    How are things going for you elsewhere, UCAS-wise?
    Ahh fingers crossed! I'm really hoping for Durham it's such a beautiful place :love:
    AES is a bit of a stress but hopefully we'll find out before the end of next week before certain things start to loom

& yeah UCAS is pretty good thanks, got Cardiff and Sheffield offers so far How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap, we have to start a dodgeball team. But I'm also taking bowling at the moment (because I'm a Senior and I do what I want:cool:), and my average is steadily climbing...

Yeah, I think Durham is pretty much it for me, unless Cambridge gives me an offer. But even then, I don't know if I'd say yes.
    Oh please don't tell me you wear a bowling shirt. I can't be friends with you if you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    Yep I will do, same to you =] I'm estimating tomorrow or the next day hopefully knowing the DC post system.
    I'm thinking friday at the latest. Ideally tomorrow or wed. Kind of sucks there's no mail on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please don't tell me you wear a bowling shirt. I can't be friends with you if you do.
    I WISH! This is just for one credit because I needed 16 this semester if I wanted to do 12 next semester (which is going to be awesome!). We're currently in the middle of our round robin, and my team is actually in the lead at 7-2. So I'm pretty stoked. As long as I beat the other girls in the class, I'm happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    This is too true, I wish I could say I was any good at dodgeball...unfortunately I'm awful and usually the one who hangs back and then is left alone to defend my side at the end of the game up against all the really intense players on the other team haha. Where are you from?
    I'm from Indiana, Valparaiso specifically (up north by, um, Gary), and I go to Purdue. Did I read that you're from D.C.? Or that area?

ReputationRep:
    Biomedical Sciences at Stephenson College!

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking friday at the latest. Ideally tomorrow or wed. Kind of sucks there's no mail on Thursday.
    Oh man I totally forgot there was no post on thanksgiving >.< Ahhh I haven't quite turned into the crazy girl who's gonna try to intercept the postman yet though =P

I'm from Indiana, Valparaiso specifically (up north by, um, Gary), and I go to Purdue. Did I read that you're from D.C.? Or that area?
    I'm not gonna try and pretend I'm especially hip to the geographical layout of Indiana haha, but cool =] So are you transferring to Durham or is it a study abroad type situation? Yep you did =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by treyno)
    Ah well... My ex gf has an interview for pps at cambridge soon and she got into Durham the other day, and she has roughly the same credentials as you- so your offer may come very soon me thinks
    Oh good, I hope so! I hate the waiting game! I thought once I'd done it last year that'd be it..but obviously not
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Got an email from durham asking for maths module scores, hopefully good news!!!

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get a little worried, got my offer 13 days ago and still no news from college, or on AES this pretty much means I'm being reallocated doesn't it? How long are people waiting to hear from colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumi Nous)
    Thanks for the help

Under colleges it says "colleges", rather helpfully. Like:

Colleges
    Colleges

Yeah I figured all that, I was just confused by the fact that I have been accepted by a college according to AES ("A decision has been made" rather than it just being passed to college), and the fact that campus code is still "U". Do you know what happens here? Does it just change if it's another college in the end?

Wow! You got offers from York and Warwick already?
    I only got an offer from Durham.

I find people who already got an offer from those two universities and I didn't.
    WHat do you mean by AES and U?
    Do you mean on the UCAS Track page?

Ohhh I am soooo lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xwang9)
    any one with PPE decision?
    Me!
    I applied 'Open' and I got an offer from St.Chads college.
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Economics how long did it take everyone to get an offer, or at least an acknowledgement? Still waiting for mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumi Nous)
    Yeah just got one on Friday.. not sure what college yet though! About 6 weeks after submitting form.
    Congrats! what college did you apply for?
    If you dont mind me asking what were your grades acheived ect?- Im reapplying post A-Level so really anxious to hear from Durham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Got an email from durham asking for maths module scores, hopefully good news!!!
    I've been expecting them to ask me for a while, but they haven't yet. Durham have been pretty silent so far

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.