Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wasnerello)
    I applied for economics, got a conditional offer today (3 A's, including maths and economics, from my 4 subjects)

I sent it off mid-October. I have only got replies from Surrey and Durham so far. Still waiting for Bath, York and Warwick (all economics)...
    Ah best of luck! I've got an unconditional from york, got back to me on Friday. Applied for warwick as well myself, fortunately i've already done my A levels, just gotta wait n see what happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    I just got an offer for history, and it says i'll hear from a college 'shortly'... Anyone know how soon 'shortly' is? Really want my first choice (which was Hatfield). Congrats to everyone with offers
    Aes took a little while to catch up with UCAS for me. If your offer is on UCAS, then isn't the college code on that the accepting college? (Hope so).

Mine moved from 'received by college' to 'decision has been made' in two days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowstone)
    Aes took a little while to catch up with UCAS for me. If your offer is on UCAS, then isn't the college code on that the accepting college? (Hope so).

No unfortunately =/ that's what I originally thought. The college code is just the college you specified.

ReputationRep:
    LL36 Anthropology and Sociology
    •Your application has been received by a College
    •A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details
    What does this mean? Does this mean that I'm likely to recieve an offer? How many people have had their applications in a college and then got a rejection? I'm so on edge!!

ReputationRep:
    things seem to have died down in terms of english offers and rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Sent my Ucas off on Monday (Late I know, college took a month to look over it!) And I've been acknowledged!

AES says not received by department yet so I guess i'm in for quite a wait.
    Anyone heard from biological sciences yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellowstone)

My AES caught up today, a day after my offer. The UCAS offer says the college code of the college I chose, but then it says a college will be in touch to let me know where I actually am. So I guess I have to wait Does your UCAS not say a college will contact you?

ReputationRep:
    I am pleased to say that you are one our most academically able applicants, and that you will shortly receive an offer from the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    I just got an offer for history, and it says i'll hear from a college 'shortly'... Anyone know how soon 'shortly' is? Really want my first choice (which was Hatfield). Congrats to everyone with offers
    Congrats on the offer. May i ask what you are predicted and when you sent your application off ?

ReputationRep:
    Sociology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    I picked it because when I visited I really liked it - small, central, reeeally pretty. I'm sure it'll be fiiiiine, there are nice people where ever you go. And hey, i'm guessing you're nice and not posh, and neither am i, and we've applied

Hey just saw you there with your Durham V100 offer, I've applied too and my AES is now 'At college'... but I didn't log in for a week before last night so it could of changed a week ago! I sent my application off 8th October... How about you...? and when did your AES change then Track... sorry so many questions!!

ReputationRep:
    my AES has changed to 'a decision has been made' how long do you reckon it'll be until i find out which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by problemstruckperson)
    my AES has changed to 'a decision has been made' how long do you reckon it'll be until i find out which college?
    I got offered a place on the 9th and I still haven't been told which college has accepted me. The website says about three weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misostars)
    Hey just saw you there with your Durham V100 offer, I've applied too and my AES is now 'At college'... but I didn't log in for a week before last night so it could of changed a week ago! I sent my application off 8th October... How about you...? and when did your AES change then Track... sorry so many questions!!
    Sent on 30 Sept, they took freaking aaaages to acknowledge it though. My AES changed to at a college last tuesday, then I got an offer on track yesterday, and then AES changed to 'a decision had been made' today. You're 90% getting an offer, so congrats

(Original post by Mfreeman.)
    Congrats on the offer. May i ask what you are predicted and when you sent your application off ?
    Thanks I sent mine on 30 Sept, and I'm predicted an unlikely 4A*s which may have helped you applying for history too?

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone - quick question!!

if your application is "in college", how likely are you to recieve an offer?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipster93)
    hey everyone - quick question!!

if your application is "in college", how likely are you to recieve an offer?

x
    Very!

ReputationRep:
    "Conditions
    This offer is subject to you obtaining

GCE A level
    Grade A - Chemistry
    and Grade A - Mathematics
    and Grade A in any of
    Further Mathematics
    Physics

Thank you for your application to study at Durham University. Congratulations on receiving an
    offer! One of our colleges will contact you shortly to confirm details of your allocated college."

Hi guys, I just received this notification on UCAS for studying Chemistry (MChem). I'm pretty happy, but this does mean I got into my first choice college, right? The campus code is still 1 (ie. Collingwood) but the word 'allocated' makes me paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unkempt_One)
    "Conditions
    This offer is subject to you obtaining

GCE A level
    Grade A - Chemistry
    and Grade A - Mathematics
    and Grade A in any of
    Further Mathematics
    Physics

Thank you for your application to study at Durham University. Congratulations on receiving an
    offer! One of our colleges will contact you shortly to confirm details of your allocated college."

Hi guys, I just received this notification on UCAS for studying Chemistry (MChem). I'm pretty happy, but this does mean I got into my first choice college, right? The campus code is still 1 (ie. Collingwood) but the word 'allocated' makes me paranoid.
    Hi, I think it means that the department has accepted you, so you definately have an offer for the department. However, the college of your choice THEN decides whether they want you or not, (they might have too many mathematicians/physicists/your subject already accepted). If they don't accept you, then your application will be moved to another nearby college. You're guaranteed a place in one college, they just don't know which one for sure yet. They said allocated to me and I still got my first choice (YAY!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorningElegance)
    Hi, I think it means that the department has accepted you, so you definately have an offer for the department. However, the college of your choice THEN decides whether they want you or not, (they might have too many mathematicians/physicists/your subject already accepted). If they don't accept you, then your application will be moved to another nearby college. You're guaranteed a place in one college, they just don't know which one for sure yet. They said allocated to me and I still got my first choice (YAY!)
    Okay, cheers. I'll be looking out for any more e-mails or letters then.

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATULATIONS to everyone with offers I still haven't heard back, but I'm trying to stay hopeful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.