Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocks:))
    Aes now says St.Cuthberts Society...I applied to Chads and fell in love with it...it's the only college I've visited? Can anyone tell me anything about St.Cuths? And is there any form of appeal process?
    There's not a formal appeals process, but I've heard tales of people going up on the post-offer open day and doing a mad dash between important people at different colleges in order to get transferred - at that point you've seen the college and they seem to consider it more valid if you don't like it.

One thing that apparently occasionally happens is that, say, someone at St Chad's who didn't like it might agree to swap with you.

It may be hard to transfer to such a competitive college as St Chad's, but may be worth a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misostars)
    which college did you apply for ?
    St Mary's mostly because it was pretty much opposite the Biology department haha

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for cell biology, I cant wait!!

I've applied for trevs, and got a place! which was surprising as i heard its really popular with sciences but i'm glad, i really loved it when i visited and all the people seem so lovely!

my offer was ABB!! - which is the lowest offer any of the unis i applied to gave me, but i don't care, its always been my 1st choice, and i absolutely can't wait to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollie82)
    Just got an offer for cell biology, I cant wait!!
    I've applied for trevs, i hope i get in there.
    my offer was ABB!!
    Congratulations!!! And yay for Trevs...good choice Hope you get your place - I think you're the first Trevs applicant I've seen with an official offer

ReputationRep:
    Wuhoooooo! offer through on UCAS track AAA- Still says 'U' as campus code so I'm hoping.... Did anyone else's change from the one they applied to?
    Cannot believe I've actually been offered a place- it is a dream!
    AES hasn't updated yet, silly slow thing :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceecee)
    St Mary's mostly because it was pretty much opposite the Biology department haha
    & I like your thinking

ReputationRep:
    Just received a rejection for Politics =[
    gutted, Durham was my first choice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    37 with 777 is absolutely absurd. What courses are you doing and what have you applied for? I do IB and my offer is for languages but it's only 36 with 6 in HL French.
    It's Nat Sci, but my UCAS referee called the director of studies and convinced him to change it to 36 with 666. Yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    Yeh. Me too. Predicted A*A*A. Wot's goin on?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected as well. Also gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob93)
    Buuuut - I have heard some pretty grim things about Durham. Apparently lots of people who are at the top of their game are being rejected, Makes you wonder if they actually want students! Feeling a bit pissed at them as I was predicted A*AA, and got 10A* for GCSE. What are they looking for?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected as well. Also gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob93)
    Rejected for politics and sociology! Bit annoyed tbh because im predicted A*AA and its only ABB for that course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potatonater)
    Ah cool - Durham your favourite? - So much less stress when you've finished them all lol - well apart from getting the offer in the first place :/
    Durham or Nottingham I think, but I would really like to hear back from them! Whats your favourite ? I bet it is, atleast you know you will get the grades, I could fail everything in the end and the offers would mean nothing, and I am sure you will be fine (: x

ReputationRep:
    Oh my..this forum is beginning to scare me :/ I still haven't heard back, but with so many brilliant candidates getting rejections I really don't feel there's much hope for me :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi, applying for MNat. Sci.. anyone else applying for this? I think I'm going for Earth Sciences opposed to Maths. Anyone got any offers? And do you think I won't get in because I haven't sent it off yet? It'll be sent off this week... worried!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katey_doodles)
    Oh my..this forum is beginning to scare me :/ I still haven't heard back, but with so many brilliant candidates getting rejections I really don't feel there's much hope for me :/
    Same
    I'm sure you'll be fine though!

ReputationRep:
    Also rejected for Politics...achieved A*A*A already in my A levels. 100% gutted - Durham was my first choice after Cambridge (which, lets be honest, is pretty unlikely) and I've already been rejected by Bristol. Which means I'm going to end up at York who have already given me an offer or Exeter. Which is fine but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    Also rejected for Politics...achieved A*A*A already in my A levels. 100% gutted - Durham was my first choice after Cambridge (which, lets be honest, is pretty unlikely) and I've already been rejected by Bristol. Which means I'm going to end up at York who have already given me an offer or Exeter. Which is fine but...
    Also, I intend to email tomorrow and ask for a proper response about why we are being rejected. I have friends who got offers last year for the same course with the same grades as me (one missed her offer and got AAB) so is it just this year or what? I seriously don't understand what else we're supposed to be able to do..

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from English or Cuth's...?
    Getting worried with all these rejections been handed out
    :/

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.