Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles93)
    Has anyone heard anything from English or Cuth's...?
    Getting worried with all these rejections been handed out
    :/
    Hey
    I applied on 19th October for English and aint been rejected yet, so hoping I am on a maybe pile. I know English have been rejecting though (well from what some posters have said on forums) so Im thinking no news is good news, unless they do a big cull soon. Politics have seems to have done alot of rejecting today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katey_doodles)
    Oh my..this forum is beginning to scare me :/ I still haven't heard back, but with so many brilliant candidates getting rejections I really don't feel there's much hope for me :/

I totally agree with you! So so scared. What have you aplied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomin-matt)
    Hey
    I applied on 19th October for English and aint been rejected yet, so hoping I am on a maybe pile. I know English have been rejecting though (well from what some posters have said on forums) so Im thinking no news is good news, unless they do a big cull soon. Politics have seems to have done alot of rejecting today.
    I'm thinking I might be on the maybe pile too, mainly due to my AS grades
    Keep checking track and aes everyday even though I don't think they'll reply with an offer until at least January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    Also rejected for Politics...achieved A*A*A already in my A levels. 100% gutted - Durham was my first choice after Cambridge (which, lets be honest, is pretty unlikely) and I've already been rejected by Bristol. Which means I'm going to end up at York who have already given me an offer or Exeter. Which is fine but...
    Wow! I'm genuinely surprised. Unless your PS was ****, which I imagine it wasn't...I can't see why they (Bristol as well for that matter) would reject you. You've got everything and the right subjects. Did Bristol provide you with feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles93)
    I'm thinking I might be on the maybe pile too, mainly due to my AS grades
    Keep checking track and aes everyday even though I don't think they'll reply with an offer until at least January

im constantly checking aes haha. im hoping because im (only just) a mature student, with not amazing grades (but with circumstances) they might offer me an interview (they sometimes interview mature students). i think thats the best i can hope for realisticly, they aint gonna give me an offer with my grades, unless my ps and reference were amazing which i know they aint. haha. id rather they rejected me now than in february

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay_mart1)
    I totally agree with you! So so scared. What have you aplied for?
    Ahhh it's scary :/ though I sent my UCAS on the 14th October and I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm hoping this means I'm a maybe..boohoo I'm so nervous!
    I've applied for Modern Languages at St. Chad's..and yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomin-matt)
    im constantly checking aes haha. im hoping because im (only just) a mature student, with not amazing grades (but with circumstances) they might offer me an interview (they sometimes interview mature students). i think thats the best i can hope for realisticly, they aint gonna give me an offer with my grades, unless my ps and reference were amazing which i know they aint. haha. id rather they rejected me now than in february
    I'm sure you'll do fine it's just the waiting that is killing me, I agree with you I'd rather they reject me straight away if that's what they're goin to do rather than keep me in suspense
    If I get an offer it will be an absolute miracle
    If I get the grades they are looking for that would also be another miracle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Wow! I'm genuinely surprised. Unless your PS was ****, which I imagine it wasn't...I can't see why they (Bristol as well for that matter) would reject you. You've got everything and the right subjects. Did Bristol provide you with feedback?
    I don't think my PS was ****, but then who knows..no feedback from Bristol except for a generic email saying how many applicants they get blah blah. Having looked at York again though, it does look lovely. Fingers crossed for Cambridge is all I can say! Congrats on your Durham offer though.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know of any offers being given out for maths yet? my UCAS form was sent away the middle of October and on the AES it still says my application is with the department...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triggietrigtrig)
    It's Nat Sci, but my UCAS referee called the director of studies and convinced him to change it to 36 with 666. Yay
    Well good thing that happened! It seems that no one understands how hard it is to get a 7 in the IB much less three of them in your HLs. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Geography, University campus.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think my PS was ****, but then who knows..no feedback from Bristol except for a generic email saying how many applicants they get blah blah. Having looked at York again though, it does look lovely. Fingers crossed for Cambridge is all I can say! Congrats on your Durham offer though.
    Even if you end up at York, not one thing to complain about there. Good luck on the interview!

ReputationRep:
    Durham received my application for Politics on 22nd November, but I am so scared of getting rejected now after seeing all these posts! I think I am predicted around a 37 in IB with 666 in my highers, but this is JUST meeting the Politics entry requirements. Has anyone here been accepted into the Politics course yet? Also I'm an international student, would this possibly improve my chances of getting in or hinder them?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=katey_doodles;28725637]Ahhh it's scary :/ though I sent my UCAS on the 14th October and I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm hoping this means I'm a maybe..boohoo I'm so nervous!
    I've applied for Modern Languages at St. Chad's..and yourself?[/QUOTE

Yah i sent mine early November and got an aknowledgement but thats all. I have applied to do law at Castle...bit of a long shot but hey.
    I think im just thankful i have an offer from Liverpool!
    Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Any one been invited to the Liverpool Law School open day on the 15th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorlarose16)
    Any more history offers??
    Between waiting to hear from Durham and from other unis i am pretty much going insane!
    Worst thing is i was rejeted from all my top choices last year so im probs heading for another fall!
    I got mine yesterday... sent app off on 8th October though...
    Don't worry, I know it is me saying that but sometimes great surprises come at unexpected times! Positive thinking... which college did you apply for anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Also, I intend to email tomorrow and ask for a proper response about why we are being rejected. I have friends who got offers last year for the same course with the same grades as me (one missed her offer and got AAB) so is it just this year or what? I seriously don't understand what else we're supposed to be able to do..
    na it was like this last year as well.. both me and my mate predicted A*A*A and got rejected for, me history and him history and pol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misostars)
    I got mine yesterday... sent app off on 8th October though...
    Don't worry, I know it is me saying that but sometimes great surprises come at unexpected times! Positive thinking... which college did you apply for anyway?
    predicted grades and what not? and how long was it in college before the offerr

ReputationRep:
    Also, I intend to email tomorrow and ask for a proper response about why we are being rejected. I have friends who got offers last year for the same course with the same grades as me (one missed her offer and got AAB) so is it just this year or what? I seriously don't understand what else we're supposed to be able to do..
    Fees rise = hardly anyone applying for gap years...so it's more competitive this year.
    Maybe they didn't feel your PS was what they were looking for? Maybe everyone else had 20 gcses...who knows.

It is ridiculously competitive this year though, so it does come down to the PS and reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofish4u)
    predicted grades and what not? and how long was it in college before the offerr
    AS grades were AAAB (in Hist/Law/Eng Lit/French)- Got 100% in my history (GCSE's 6A*/6B/1C)
    Predicted grades A*A*AA
    However I really took pains over my personal statement to make it really original, and had in it about being a carer for my mother which they will have taken in to consideration.

Was in college from at least last Monday so just over a week, I applied to University College- so whether I've got that or not- waiting game it is!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.