The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r_u_t_h
yay! people who appreciate maths humour! :biggrin:

Maths humour is the best! I keep meaning to make some T shirts with maths jokes on when I have time!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1441
Original post by Jing_jing
Maths humour is the best! I keep meaning to make some T shirts with maths jokes on when I have time!

aw, that sounds fantastic!

in my AH maths class we have 'cake tuesday' and one day, this guy made a cake that had written on it ' square root of negative 1 over square root of 64 ' (but not in words obviously!) and it had us all in stitches for aaages!

edit: it simplifies to ' i over 8 ' (i overate!) for those non-maths types :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1442
Original post by adam0311
Hmmm....it is a risk.

I mean if you weren't to get castle, would you be willing to settle with something other than St. Johns? If so, then go for it.

I think it is worth waiting to get allotted to St. Johns, and then asking to see if you can get your application forwarded to castle. I've seen someone do it that way on here.

Not really, no. St John's and Castle were the only ones that arrested my interest, really. :tongue:
It is too late now anyhow, as the e-mail has been sent. One can only hope for a decent outcome.
Congratulations on your offer, incidentally! :cool:
Original post by gusekeew
I DO....

I have Math HL and am working on the IA II right now :frown:

Oh dear my heart goes out to you =/

I've been panicking over my chemistry writeups and practicals haha. I did math studies because I didn't need any maths for my course haha, so I'm lucky my coursework was quite easy.
Original post by bownessie
Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour! :biggrin:

im sorry but how is this a course
Reply 1445
Epic fail. Castle would not consider a college change. Oh well, I tried. :redface:
Just got an offer for Applied Psychology -ABB
I'm chuffed :biggrin: I applied for John Snow.. but it says on UCAS that the college will contact me?
Good times!
Original post by nofish4u
im sorry but how is this a course

There are universities where you can study for straight degrees in each of the subjects, but at Durham they choose to combine them. I don't really see how you can say it isn't a course...?

Ecology is the study of how organisms interact with their environment, behaviour is the study of how organisms act in general and evolution is pretty self-explanitory. They are all related fields and a degree which combines all of them would be very usefull.
There are universities where you can study for straight degrees in each of the subjects, but at Durham they choose to combine them. I don't really see how you can say it isn't a course...?

Ecology is the study of how organisms interact with their environment, behaviour is the study of how organisms act in general and evolution is pretty self-explanitory. They are all related fields and a degree which combines all of them would be very usefull.

Because he's a troll.
ahhh, I can't keep checking this thread it's doing my head in!

Didn't get rejected for politics yesterday in that batch but really feel for everyone who did. I only achieved 2A*s 9As at GCSE, 5As at AS and predicted A*AA at A2, so it's safe to say that people a lot better than me got rejected. I suppose it's only a matter of when I get rejected now, got an offer at York though so atleast I have that, but Durham was always my first choice.

Good luck all!
Original post by Fluidity
Epic fail. Castle would not consider a college change. Oh well, I tried. :redface:

I'm sorry to hear that! If you go to Durham you'll just have to make a lot of friends that go to Castle and stay there for most of your time!
Unconditional for C800 Psychology :eek::eek: Absolutely thrilled!
Reply 1452
Original post by Jing_jing
I'm sorry to hear that! If you go to Durham you'll just have to make a lot of friends that go to Castle and stay there for most of your time!

Thank you :smile:. I think I shall do that, or just learn to love the college to which I have been allocated, as I heard the vast majority of people end up perfectly content with their college in the end.
Congratulations on your offer! :cool:
Thank you :smile:. I think I shall do that, or just learn to love the college to which I have been allocated, as I heard the vast majority of people end up perfectly content with their college in the end.
Congratulations on your offer! :cool:

Yep, I'm sure everyone grows to love their college and get quite protective of it! :biggrin: I've not visited Durham though and I chose my college at the very last minute seeing as I submitted my UCAS, then decided I did like Durham lots more than Nottingham and I would regret not applying, and switched to Durham with about 1 day to spare!

^^ Thank you! Congrats on your offer too although can't say I'm surprised with your grades!
Got an offer for combined honours philosophy and english lit!!!! Absolutely OVER THE MOON!!! Durham is my top choice, so pleased! :smile: :smile: :smile:
not sure which college yet, apparently I'll get a letter in the post? Applied for chads, anyone else got an offer from Chads? How soon do you think I might find out about the college? Though I'll be happy anywhere to be honest!

Ahhh at least you can say you tried!
Original post by *buried-in-books*
Got an offer for combined honours philosophy and english lit!!!! Absolutely OVER THE MOON!!! Durham is my top choice, so pleased! :smile: :smile: :smile:
not sure which college yet, apparently I'll get a letter in the post? Applied for chads, anyone else got an offer from Chads? How soon do you think I might find out about the college? Though I'll be happy anywhere to be honest!

Awesome! Congrats! I got my offer on the 9th and then alloted a college on the 15th (although it took 2 weeks to get it in the post bc I live in the US). I think you can reasonably expect to hear in about a week and a half, but no more than 3 weeks.

Just ignore that kid, he's got a stick up his ***. He trolls this site like its nobody's business.

Original post by CharlieT247
Unconditional for C800 Psychology :eek::eek: Absolutely thrilled!

Congrats! First choice?
Reply 1457
Offer for Natural Sciences - AAA in Maths, Further Maths & Chemistry!

Very happy!!!
Original post by adam0311
Congrats! First choice?

Thanks! And yes...it definitely is :biggrin: I really wasn't sure if I'd stand a chance, especially as there have been so many good applicants getting rejections. I'm actually still in a state of disbelief :colondollar:
Reply 1459
Original post by Bently7
Offer for Natural Sciences - AAA in Maths, Further Maths & Chemistry!

Very happy!!!

:s-smilie:

Well done on getting the offer, but...where's mine? My application's been at the department for at least a month and a half now... :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending