Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for combined honours philosophy and english lit!!!! Absolutely OVER THE MOON!!! Durham is my top choice, so pleased!
    not sure which college yet, apparently I'll get a letter in the post? Applied for chads, anyone else got an offer from Chads? How soon do you think I might find out about the college? Though I'll be happy anywhere to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Epic fail. Castle would not consider a college change. Oh well, I tried.
    Ahhh at least you can say you tried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *buried-in-books*)
    Got an offer for combined honours philosophy and english lit!!!! Absolutely OVER THE MOON!!! Durham is my top choice, so pleased!
    not sure which college yet, apparently I'll get a letter in the post? Applied for chads, anyone else got an offer from Chads? How soon do you think I might find out about the college? Though I'll be happy anywhere to be honest!
    Awesome! Congrats! I got my offer on the 9th and then alloted a college on the 15th (although it took 2 weeks to get it in the post bc I live in the US). I think you can reasonably expect to hear in about a week and a half, but no more than 3 weeks.

(Original post by bownessie)
    There are universities where you can study for straight degrees in each of the subjects, but at Durham they choose to combine them. I don't really see how you can say it isn't a course...?

Ecology is the study of how organisms interact with their environment, behaviour is the study of how organisms act in general and evolution is pretty self-explanitory. They are all related fields and a degree which combines all of them would be very usefull.
    Just ignore that kid, he's got a stick up his ***. He trolls this site like its nobody's business.

(Original post by CharlieT247)
    Unconditional for C800 Psychology :eek::eek: Absolutely thrilled!
    Congrats! First choice?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Natural Sciences - AAA in Maths, Further Maths & Chemistry!

Very happy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Congrats! First choice?
    Thanks! And yes...it definitely is I really wasn't sure if I'd stand a chance, especially as there have been so many good applicants getting rejections. I'm actually still in a state of disbelief

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bently7)
    Offer for Natural Sciences - AAA in Maths, Further Maths & Chemistry!

Very happy!!!

Well done on getting the offer, but...where's mine? My application's been at the department for at least a month and a half now... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's crazy how much time difference there is with people getting offers.

My app has been in the department since September 7th, but soooo many people seem to have offers already. It's just not fair.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! And yes...it definitely is I really wasn't sure if I'd stand a chance, especially as there have been so many good applicants getting rejections. I'm actually still in a state of disbelief
    Very nice position to be in then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK-mar)
    I might be as I have an offer for law and business and do remember receiving a letter about an open day. I'll check and get back to you.
    Please do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Han)
    congrats :woo:, just LSE and Cam to go now!
    :yep: Fingers crossed neither of hear from LSE tomorrow if this rejection/acceptance Friday cycle is true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    :yep: Fingers crossed neither of hear from LSE tomorrow if this rejection/acceptance Friday cycle is true!
    Yep fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Durham

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for C800 Psychology :eek::eek: Absolutely thrilled!
    Grats mate, I'm applying for same course can I ask what you are predicted for A2 and in what subjects? And also GCSE's, you must been exceptional to get an unconditional, what do you think made them offer that?

Well done

ReputationRep:
    got an conditional offer today for philosophy!! actually still in shock, i've wanted to go to durham for aaaages!

if anyone else has an offer for philosophy, quote/message me

and congrats to everyone who have offers for any subject and good luck to those still waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach8 :))
    Yay offer for biology
    well done! what college did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bownessie)
    There are universities where you can study for straight degrees in each of the subjects, but at Durham they choose to combine them. I don't really see how you can say it isn't a course...?

Ecology is the study of how organisms interact with their environment, behaviour is the study of how organisms act in general and evolution is pretty self-explanitory. They are all related fields and a degree which combines all of them would be very usefull.
    as a right winger im anti-mickey mouse degrees but your degree is anything but. very field specific - so more career orientated than just doing a degree in general biology!

well done on your offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    as a right winger im anti-mickey mouse degrees but your degree is anything but. very field specific - so more career orientated than just doing a degree in general biology!

well done on your offer.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE
    if anyone else has an offer for philosophy, quote/message me
    ![/QUOTE]

Hello! I sort of have an offer for philsophy - its for combined english lit and philosophy, though to be honest the philosophy bit is my favourite! Congratulations on your offer! I love Durham its definately my firm choice!
    What college have you applied to? Its good to see someone else applying for philosophy, I don't think anyone's mentioned it so far!
    Rose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limeey)
    Grats mate, I'm applying for same course can I ask what you are predicted for A2 and in what subjects? And also GCSE's, you must been exceptional to get an unconditional, what do you think made them offer that?

Well done
    Thank you and good luck with your application
    I'm a mature applicant (24) and did an Access to HE Diploma last year. Passed Access with clear Distinctions but my grades from school were BCD at AS (2003) and 4As, 2Bs, 4Cs, 1D at GCSE (2002), although I'm not sure how heavily their decision will have been weighted on those

Is Durham your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Because he's a troll.
    you are stalking me miss muffinz

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.