Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    It's crazy how much time difference there is with people getting offers.

My app has been in the department since September 7th, but soooo many people seem to have offers already. It's just not fair.
    whats the plans for your GAP YAH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieT247)
    Thank you and good luck with your application
    I'm a mature applicant (24) and did an Access to HE Diploma last year. Passed Access with clear Distinctions but my grades from school were BCD at AS (2003) and 4As, 2Bs, 4Cs, 1D at GCSE (2002), although I'm not sure how heavily their decision will have been weighted on those

Is Durham your first choice?
    Thanks, nice one on the HE Diploma. Yes Durham will be my first choice I think, for one reason or another I've yet to send application off yet :rolleyes: but that'll be done within next few days so hopefully will see you there What college are you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Ahhh at least you can say you tried!
    Indeed! (+ I am not so hung up about it since having a decent sleep!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    Yep, I'm sure everyone grows to love their college and get quite protective of it! I've not visited Durham though and I chose my college at the very last minute seeing as I submitted my UCAS, then decided I did like Durham lots more than Nottingham and I would regret not applying, and switched to Durham with about 1 day to spare!

^^ Thank you! Congrats on your offer too although can't say I'm surprised with your grades!
    Thank you! I feel lucky to have been given one.
    To which college did you end up applying?
    I chose *all* of my UCAS choices in around 24 hours, out of sheer panic, ha! Probably for the best though, as I am that type of person who weighs up the pros and cons of a decisions endlessly, much to the annoyance of my mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    :confused:

aw, that sounds fantastic!

in my AH maths class we have 'cake tuesday' and one day, this guy made a cake that had written on it ' square root of negative 1 over square root of 64 ' (but not in words obviously!) and it had us all in stitches for aaages!

edit: it simplifies to ' i over 8 ' (i overate!) for those non-maths types
    Ooh awesome! We have cake Friday because we have a single period maths lesson on Friday and nobody does any work :p:

That is so cool! That is one cool guy! I would do it for our maths class too but I don't think anyone would understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Thank you! I feel lucky to have been given one.
    To which college did you end up applying?
    I chose *all* of my UCAS choices in around 24 hours, out of sheer panic, ha! Probably for the best though, as I am that type of person who weighs up the pros and cons of a decisions endlessly, much to the annoyance of my mother.
    Is it your first choice?
    I ended up going for Castle purely because I love the idea of formals and balls and beautiful architecture

Lol, my friend drew up a table of pros and cons for all 14 universities she was considering!

ReputationRep:
    Is it your first choice?
    I ended up going for Castle purely because I love the idea of formals and balls and beautiful architecture

Lol, my friend drew up a table of pros and cons for all 14 universities she was considering!
    Originally it was my 5th choice, but now it's 3rd/4th, I'd say!
    Castle? I am sorry, but we can no longer be friends... (joking )
    Where do you most want to go? I am sure with your grades though, you'll encounter no problems!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *buried-in-books*)
    Hello! I sort of have an offer for philsophy - its for combined english lit and philosophy, though to be honest the philosophy bit is my favourite! Congratulations on your offer! I love Durham its definately my firm choice!
    What college have you applied to? Its good to see someone else applying for philosophy, I don't think anyone's mentioned it so far!
    Rose
    Yayyy hello half philosophy person!! :P Yeah durham's awesome, it's probably going to be my firm as well and congrats on your offer too!!
    I applied to Chad's, I haven't got confirmation from them yet though, although my AES says that a decision has been made :O Which college have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Durham, for Geography!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABBCCCD)
    Ah, well. You've still got other offers/ offers to come right?

ReputationRep:
    I've had offers from Exeter & Southampton! I'm still waiting for Bristol's response and have an interview at Oxford next week!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh awesome! We have cake Friday because we have a single period maths lesson on Friday and nobody does any work :p:

That is so cool! That is one cool guy! I would do it for our maths class too but I don't think anyone would understand!
    well you could always go for a cake with ' xbox 2pi ' on it lol hahaha!

ah, maths puns...

ReputationRep:
    Any mathematicians heard yet from Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Any mathematicians heard yet from Durham?
    I haven't yet this waiting is driving me crazy! Do you know of any decisions, good or bad, been given out for maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABBCCCD)
    When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    I haven't yet this waiting is driving me crazy! Do you know of any decisions, good or bad, been given out for maths?
    Nope. And I haven't heard of anyone's AES change to a college yet for maths either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Nope. And I haven't heard of anyone's AES change to a college yet for maths either
    Yeah, my AES has said 'with the department' for just over 2 months now... but if everyone else's is like that too then there's still hope I guess

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful for English Ah well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_law25)
    Unsuccessful for English Ah well...
    Sorry to hear that

Can i ask when you sent it and what your grades were like? Don't mean to be nosey im just worried about mine!

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful for International Relations.

Curiously, I thought I was going to take it much worse. I'm oddly relieved.
    Good luck all.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.