Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyboy1993)
    Earlier today my AES changed to:

Your application has been received by a College
    A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

I've applied for G103 (Mmath)
    Well done! Congratz!

But then again your academics are unmatched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limeey)
    Thanks, nice one on the HE Diploma. Yes Durham will be my first choice I think, for one reason or another I've yet to send application off yet :rolleyes: but that'll be done within next few days so hopefully will see you there What college are you at?
    Fingers crossed for you I chose Trevelyan but I won't find out whether I've been allocated a place with them for a few weeks. Have you chosen one yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any Classics offers yet??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Congratulations! I really hope this happens for me soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxcloseyoureyesxx)
    Anybody got any Classics offers yet??
    yes, but it seems only to the post A-level classicists so far. good luck on your application

OrdoAbChao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SergioMZ)
    Unsuccessful for International Relations.

Curiously, I thought I was going to take it much worse. I'm oddly relieved.
    Good luck all.
    Sorry to hear that. I got rejected for Politics so same thing really..I had one evening of being heartbroken and then just sort of got over it. Nothing we can do. Maybe see you at York!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Bsc Geography - AAA Nothing from college as yet.

ReputationRep:

Wow, congrats.

Can I ask did they email you for info on UMS beforehand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Well done! Congratz!

But then again your academics are unmatched.
    Thanks, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon

(Original post by cpdavis)
    Congratulations! I really hope this happens for me soon
    Thanks, I'm sure it's just a matter of time for you. Good luck for your Cambridge interview, I'm about to head up for mine...

(Original post by Schnecke)
    Wow, congrats.

Can I ask did they email you for info on UMS beforehand?
    Thanks, they didn't email me, but about a week ago I thought I'd email them to check about it (at the same time i emailed Imperial about the email claiming I'd got an offer which didn't exist) . They emailed me back to say they'd ask for them soon, but told me I might as well email them with my UMS then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    Offer for Bsc Geography - AAA Nothing from college as yet.
    Can I just ask how long ago it was you sent off you're UCAS. I sent mine off three weeks ago now and the wait is driving me CRAZY! I've applied for BA but it's the same department so it should be similar processing times...
    Also what are your GCSE's and predicted grades?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joniboy98)
    Can I just ask how long ago it was you sent off you're UCAS. I sent mine off three weeks ago now and the wait is driving me CRAZY! I've applied for BA but it's the same department so it should be similar processing times...
    Also what are your GCSE's and predicted grades?
    Thanks
    Sent off around Nov 5th. Got moved from the department to college around the 26th and the offer came through a few days later. I'm predicted A*A*A and have 6 A*s at GCSE and 3 A's.

I think Durham has separate admissions tutors for Human and Physical so they might not be processing them at the same rate. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Congratulations

I'd do anything to have those UMS marks. Unfortunately they've made me realise that i'm not waiting to see if I have an offer but that i'm just waiting for my rejection.

What further maths modules did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Business Finance (N420)

ABB in any of my four subjects.

English Literature, Economics, History, Business.

Predicted: 4 A's

GCSE- 5 A* 5A 3B

Happily have it as my insurance. Hoping for economics elsewhere though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Physics heard anything yet? My Head of Year said Durham usually don't reply until March!

ReputationRep:
    Application has been received by college.
    Decision not yet made.

This is for economics.

What are the chances I get into Castle college, seeing as its so oversubscribed??

ReputationRep:
    Msci physics, Collingwood college (I chose it because it says it has coffeshop. yes i am caffeine addict) any who. I would like to have part time job while stuyding is difficult in durham considering its a small town. also is it easy to find cheap private accomadation if so can you give me a rough estimate about the rent per week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_am_the_eggman)
    Anyone applying for Physics heard anything yet? My Head of Year said Durham usually don't reply until March!
    Thats a relief same here haven't heard of them yet apart from email that the recieved the application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubberdam123)
    Application has been received by college.
    Decision not yet made.

This is for economics.

What are the chances I get into Castle college, seeing as its so oversubscribed??
    Your chances are higher now than if you were to have received an offer in February. Each college has a quota on subjects, so its unlikely castle has already met the quota for economists this early in the game.

And even though the statistics on Durham's website make it seem like castle is 30 applicants per spot, not all of those 3k applicants get offers to start with. In general Durham offers to 40-45% of applicants. So that right there knocks off 1650 of those 3k apps. The department makes more offers than it has places for, roughly 3-3.5 offers per spot. Castle knows this, so they give more offers than they have spots for. And castle has about 245 spots, but some of those spots are already given to those who applied with a gap year from last year. You can do some statistical analysis on those numbers.

Good luck! If you get castle we'll be in the same college next year.

ReputationRep:
    starting to get pretty depressed about this whole uni stuff. I would rather durham rejected me today and I can plan my next move than wait till February or march for a unsuccessful. Really should have given this alot more thought haha.

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection today for Durham, Combined Arts Course QRVO
    Was fully expecting it though!!! It is amongst the most competitive courses there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.