Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have also just been rejected, but for BA geography.

Bit sad but lse was my favourite, i just hope i get that now. By the way i got AAAB at AS in maths, history, geography and physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxiexxva)
    I'm not from the UK and I e-mailed to admission team before applying via UCAS. As I have already graduated from the secondary school I sent them my exam results etc and they said that most probably they would give me an offer. Has anyone else been in situation like this and how do you think what are the chances of getting rejected?
    Depends on the course. If it's economics, english, law, etc...there is a chance of rejection. But if its a non-competitive course, then you are practically 100% getting an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Unsuccessful'd for English.

Oh well.
    Just got my rejection. I'm sad but releived I can now sort out other options without worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomin-matt)
    Just got my rejection. I'm sad but releived I can now sort out other options without worrying
    Aww, that's a shame. Didn't think you'd get rejected so swiftly after me O_o Good that you can sort things out though

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. Did they just inform you via UCAS? What subject did you go for and what were your AS grades/predicted? If you don't mind me asking..it's just I'm dying of nerves!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an offer from Durham last Thursday & it said that I would be contacted to confirm my college - does anyone know how long this takes? & also does anyone know what the average intake of students is for the philosophy department? I checked the website but couldn't find anything.. Thanks (:

ReputationRep:
    offer for business finance
    34 points with a 5 in math SL

ReputationRep:
    I just want to hear now Otherwise I will get my hopes up I applied for Applied Psychology, but my predictions weren't right so I'm expecting a rejection I just wish they would get back to me now though! So impatient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah-lucy)
    Hey, I got an offer from Durham last Thursday & it said that I would be contacted to confirm my college - does anyone know how long this takes? & also does anyone know what the average intake of students is for the philosophy department? I checked the website but couldn't find anything.. Thanks (:
    I got an offer from Durham on Nov 25th, and I got my college letter today.

And I got Trevs, the one I chose, so I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    I've been put into St Mary's College wooo!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back for a joint honours in History and English yet?

ReputationRep:
    well the durham dream has died. but good luck to everyone who has an offer, and everyone who is waiting for one.
    Ah mate I'm so sorry

Which uni do you reckon you'll go for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieT247)
    Ah mate I'm so sorry

Which uni do you reckon you'll go for?
    Gonna try apply to ucl for Scandinavian studies or take year out nd apply for Scandinavian studies at ucl Edinburgh or Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    Gonna try apply to ucl for Scandinavian studies or take year out nd apply for Scandinavian studies at ucl Edinburgh or Aberdeen
    **** I was rooting for you to get into Durham.

ReputationRep:
    well the durham dream has died. but good luck to everyone who has an offer, and everyone who is waiting for one.
    Sorry to hear it.
    What did you apply to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    **** I was rooting for you to get into Durham.
    Haha. Two muna aftwr i got rejected i got a letter saying I had a tax rebate lol of 450 pound so made me smile. Still am gutted, good luck to u tho

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post in, as I haven't yet applied, but wanted some advice from people who know the stuff. I want to apply for International Relations ar Durham, typical offer is AAA, I have AABB, any chance of getting in??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lusine)
    Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post in, as I haven't yet applied, but wanted some advice from people who know the stuff. I want to apply for International Relations ar Durham, typical offer is AAA, I have AABB, any chance of getting in??
    It's zero until you apply and then it goes up from there -- and then they'll consider your unique circumstance before making an offer . . . nothing ventured, nothing gained . . . goforit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    It's zero until you apply and then it goes up from there -- and then they'll consider your unique circumstance before making an offer . . . nothing ventured, nothing gained . . . goforit!

Too true, but then I don't want to waste a choice if I know it's unlikely that I'll get in :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Any offers for PPE?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.