Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got any acknowledgement from Durham or Bristol. I've been acknowledged by York and St Andrews, and been sent the SAQ by Cambridge (which I suppose counts as an acknowledgement, after all).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Hello all :hat2:

This is a thread for all students applying to Durham in 2010 (for 2011 entry or deferred 2012 entry).

Feel free to name course, chosen college and, if you must, your other choices.

Thankies and good luck!
    Biology at Castle. :yep:

Has anyone gotten acknowledged yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rilel)
    Has anyone who's already sent off their application had any kind of response from Durham at all? I sent mine off on the 6th, and have had acknowledgements from everywhere but them...
    I haven't got an acknowledgement from Durham yet either I've also applied to Van Mildert too ^-^ Maybe see you there if we both get offers and firm it!

ReputationRep:
    No acknowledgement here as well

But I heard most of the time Durham give offers after January deadline .

ReputationRep:
    I was acknowledged a month ago. My application was sent to the faculty this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    I was acknowledged a month ago. My application was sent to the faculty this morning.
    Ah, but you'd be an international person, wouldn't you, coming from Atlanta. Most unis I've observed reply to them first, possibly because they're the ones who need to get themselves organised earliest.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine today! Login details for the AES thing. Says my application hasn't yet been sent to the department though. Yet another website to obsessively check..

ReputationRep:
    Just got my acknowledgement.

And it begins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sentiment)
    I got mine today! Login details for the AES thing. Says my application hasn't yet been sent to the department though. Yet another website to obsessively check..
    Yeah i got mine today aswell, when did you send your application? I sent mine on the 6th october and the AES says they received it on the 7th but it still hasn't been sent to the department. I hear you on the having to obsessively check it like track though, i hope my department gives out offers as they come in and doesn't wait until the January deadline, the waiting is killing me haha and it's only been two weeks! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I got my acknowledgement today as well.
    There we go.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone with either an offer or who's already there have any information regarding the point of showing us the login thing?

Is it literally so we can see if we passed the departmental part, so we know we have a place (if applicable) regardless of college, whereas UCAS will only update when you have a college place too?

Am I right in thinking that? Because I could do without checking it too often

ReputationRep:
    Classics at St Cuth's for me! No acknowlegement yet though- hopefully will get it in the next couple of days.
    Nottingham has it's own portal too, so that will give me two uni-specific places, Track and my email to check obsessively. Great xD

ReputationRep:
    Finally acknowledged :p: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, just got mine too.

Maybe the admissions guys do watch the TSR forums...

ReputationRep:
    Got acknowledged today

ReputationRep:
    lucky both of you :p:
    I'm gonna be a bit miffed if I don't get one soon, they've had my app since 7th of September. :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Just got my acknowledgement and AES crud as well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    Does anyone with either an offer or who's already there have any information regarding the point of showing us the login thing?

Is it literally so we can see if we passed the departmental part, so we know we have a place (if applicable) regardless of college, whereas UCAS will only update when you have a college place too?

Am I right in thinking that? Because I could do without checking it too often
    Once you get acknowledged you'll be able to logon to the portal. The portal will at first say something like "recieved by the university, not yet at the department." Once it is sent to the department it will say something like "recieved by the department, not yet at the college." That's about the extent of it. Durham changed it this year. Once the department approves you, it will be updated in track. Then later on the college will be inputed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Just got my acknowledgement and AES crud as well :yep:
    me too makes me feel happy knowing that they got it. Now the wait begins lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Once you get acknowledged you'll be able to logon to the portal. The portal will at first say something like "recieved by the university, not yet at the department." Once it is sent to the department it will say something like "recieved by the department, not yet at the college." That's about the extent of it. Durham changed it this year. Once the department approves you, it will be updated in track. Then later on the college will be inputed.
    Ah thank you, so it really is a pointless thing then.

I'll try not to look at it too often then, I remember being addicted to similar ones last year, and I don't want that.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.