Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookAliveSunshine)
    Any home students heard anything for law? Really begining to panic!
    I have, I heard about a month ago, maybe less. But DON'T PANIC: my sister (with nearly identical grades) got her law offer in February or maybe even March a couple of years back. At school, lots of offers seem to have come through then.

ReputationRep:
    I know of two. Not a significant amount of offers made. I think the bulk will come around January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattypb)
    Mine's been there for 2 months and still heard nothing. I thought that Durham would email us asking for UMS scores but they haven't
    A few people on this thread have been emailed for UMS already. I haven't tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattypb)
    Mine's been there for 2 months and still heard nothing. I thought that Durham would email us asking for UMS scores but they haven't
    I'm a Scottish applicant so don't have these UMS things to be asked for, not sure if I can remember anyone posting about having been asked for them yet...

EDIT: just read the above post... obviously they have!

My addiction to the AES is slowly getting worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    I'm a Scottish applicant so don't have these UMS things to be asked for, not sure if I can remember anyone posting about having been asked for them yet...

EDIT: just read the above post... obviously they have!

My addiction to the AES is slowly getting worse!
    AES only updates once a day.

That little tip should save you quite a bit of time.

ReputationRep:
    Argh same! I haven't heard anything
    I might cry
    Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    AES only updates once a day.

That little tip should save you quite a bit of time.
    Yeah, i know that I just meant I'm developing a habit of checking it at the same time every evening lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    Wow, congrats.

Can I ask did they email you for info on UMS beforehand?
    I applied for G100. I was never asked for my UMS. Have you?

ReputationRep:
    I put an open application in for Durham for PPE. I got an offer and then they allocated me a place at Van Mildert. Has anyone else heard for PPE yet?

ReputationRep:
    German, French and Russian/ Spanish at St. John's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magu1re)
    I applied for G100. I was never asked for my UMS. Have you?
    Not yet, I'm expecting it though. Have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, I'm expecting it though. Have you heard anything?
    Yes. I received my offer yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I received my offer yesterday
    Ah congrats XD, what college?

That's weird that you didn't get asked, at the open day I went to they went on about UMS alot, you must just be an exceptional candidate

ReputationRep:
    Ah congrats XD, what college?

That's weird that you didn't get asked, at the open day I went to they went on about UMS alot, you must just be an exceptional candidate
    Van Mildert. And thank-you, I wish :P haha

Well I did not actually go to a full open day but just a departmental visit and then for a tour. The lecturer did say that the most important thing was UMS module grades and that they should be put somewhere on the UCAS application. I think my referee mentioned all of mine in the reference. So if you have not mentioned them perhaps they will email you. I am unsure really. He also said that some will be accepted immediately whilst others will have to wait until January. I did not fall into either category but he ho

ReputationRep:
    Van Mildert. And thank-you, I wish :P haha

Well I did not actually go to a full open day but just a departmental visit and then for a tour. The lecturer did say that the most important thing was UMS module grades and that they should be put somewhere on the UCAS application. I think my referee mentioned all of mine in the reference. So if you have not mentioned them perhaps they will email you. I am unsure really. He also said that some will be accepted immediately whilst others will have to wait until January. I did not fall into either category but he ho
    Hmm.. I never actually fully read through my reference but I'm pretty sure some of them were in there. I'll just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    But if its a non-competitive course, then you are practically 100% getting an offer.
    is Physics and Astronomy considered a non-competitive course?

ReputationRep:
    I put in an open application for geography and got my offer today. I really don't think I can manage the grades though

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer today for computer science with them wanting AAB campus is Trevelyan. I'm just glad they didn't ask for an interview cos then they'll notice that I actually know nothing about the actual course XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EfflorescentCacoethes)
    Got a conditional offer today for computer science with them wanting AAB campus is Trevelyan. I'm just glad they didn't ask for an interview cos then they'll notice that I actually know nothing about the actual course XD

Got one too. Why are you apply for Computer Science when you know nothing about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    Got one too. Why are you apply for Computer Science when you know nothing about it?
    Well, not nothing at all but I don't think they'd like the idea of me wanting to study that cos I think it'll be a good way of earning money later rather than me actually having a big passion for the subject :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.