Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookAliveSunshine)
    Any home students heard anything for law? Really begining to panic!
    I have, I heard about a month ago, maybe less. But DON'T PANIC: my sister (with nearly identical grades) got her law offer in February or maybe even March a couple of years back. At school, lots of offers seem to have come through then.

ReputationRep:
    I know of two. Not a significant amount of offers made. I think the bulk will come around January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattypb)
    Mine's been there for 2 months and still heard nothing. I thought that Durham would email us asking for UMS scores but they haven't
    A few people on this thread have been emailed for UMS already. I haven't tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattypb)
    Mine's been there for 2 months and still heard nothing. I thought that Durham would email us asking for UMS scores but they haven't
    I'm a Scottish applicant so don't have these UMS things to be asked for, not sure if I can remember anyone posting about having been asked for them yet...

EDIT: just read the above post... obviously they have!

My addiction to the AES is slowly getting worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    I'm a Scottish applicant so don't have these UMS things to be asked for, not sure if I can remember anyone posting about having been asked for them yet...

EDIT: just read the above post... obviously they have!

My addiction to the AES is slowly getting worse!
    AES only updates once a day.

That little tip should save you quite a bit of time.

ReputationRep:
    Argh same! I haven't heard anything
    I might cry
    Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    AES only updates once a day.

That little tip should save you quite a bit of time.
    Yeah, i know that I just meant I'm developing a habit of checking it at the same time every evening lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    Wow, congrats.

Can I ask did they email you for info on UMS beforehand?
    I applied for G100. I was never asked for my UMS. Have you?

ReputationRep:
    I put an open application in for Durham for PPE. I got an offer and then they allocated me a place at Van Mildert. Has anyone else heard for PPE yet?

ReputationRep:
    German, French and Russian/ Spanish at St. John's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magu1re)
    I applied for G100. I was never asked for my UMS. Have you?
    Not yet, I'm expecting it though. Have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, I'm expecting it though. Have you heard anything?
    Yes. I received my offer yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I received my offer yesterday
    Ah congrats XD, what college?

That's weird that you didn't get asked, at the open day I went to they went on about UMS alot, you must just be an exceptional candidate

ReputationRep:
    Ah congrats XD, what college?

That's weird that you didn't get asked, at the open day I went to they went on about UMS alot, you must just be an exceptional candidate
    Van Mildert. And thank-you, I wish :P haha

Well I did not actually go to a full open day but just a departmental visit and then for a tour. The lecturer did say that the most important thing was UMS module grades and that they should be put somewhere on the UCAS application. I think my referee mentioned all of mine in the reference. So if you have not mentioned them perhaps they will email you. I am unsure really. He also said that some will be accepted immediately whilst others will have to wait until January. I did not fall into either category but he ho

ReputationRep:
    Van Mildert. And thank-you, I wish :P haha

Well I did not actually go to a full open day but just a departmental visit and then for a tour. The lecturer did say that the most important thing was UMS module grades and that they should be put somewhere on the UCAS application. I think my referee mentioned all of mine in the reference. So if you have not mentioned them perhaps they will email you. I am unsure really. He also said that some will be accepted immediately whilst others will have to wait until January. I did not fall into either category but he ho
    Hmm.. I never actually fully read through my reference but I'm pretty sure some of them were in there. I'll just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    But if its a non-competitive course, then you are practically 100% getting an offer.
    is Physics and Astronomy considered a non-competitive course?

ReputationRep:
    I put in an open application for geography and got my offer today. I really don't think I can manage the grades though

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer today for computer science with them wanting AAB campus is Trevelyan. I'm just glad they didn't ask for an interview cos then they'll notice that I actually know nothing about the actual course XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EfflorescentCacoethes)
    Got a conditional offer today for computer science with them wanting AAB campus is Trevelyan. I'm just glad they didn't ask for an interview cos then they'll notice that I actually know nothing about the actual course XD

Got one too. Why are you apply for Computer Science when you know nothing about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    Got one too. Why are you apply for Computer Science when you know nothing about it?
    Well, not nothing at all but I don't think they'd like the idea of me wanting to study that cos I think it'll be a good way of earning money later rather than me actually having a big passion for the subject :P

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.