Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any more biomedical sciences applicants ?

ReputationRep:
    Damn you i_am_the_eggman, you made me feel less proud of myself :|

lol I had all my offers back within 3 weeks...apart from Durham who made me wait an agonizing 5 days extra

But now, Business and Management Offer - ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay2010)
    Damn you i_am_the_eggman, you made me feel less proud of myself :|

lol I had all my offers back within 3 weeks...apart from Durham who made me wait an agonizing 5 days extra

But now, Business and Management Offer - ABB
    Don't feel less less proud, there are plently of subjects at main campus less competitive and respected than your course.... like theology, music, sociology and sport. Gawd I sound like a hatfielder, passing judgement left right and centre. :rolleyes:

And CONGRATS on the offer, Snow or Stevo college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansonfish)
    Don't feel less less proud, there are plently of subjects at main campus less competitive and respected than your course.... like theology, music, sociology and sport. Gawd I sound like a hatfielder, passing judgement left right and centre. :rolleyes:

Stevo of course man Do you go/ have been offered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_am_the_eggman)
    Nope, sorry. Although I would guess its fairly popular. Tbh I think any course at a Uni like Durham is going to be fairly competitive. Unless it's based in Queens Campus.
    stupid and incorrect post. im sure medicine is really uncompetitive. you dont even study here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Any more Maths offers?
    At my school, of the 7 people who applied for maths, 5 applied to Durham and all have heard back in the last week or so. 4 were made offers and 1 was unsuccessful. So they're definitely processing applications atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    How come you don't think you'll make the grades! You've applied to Cambridge haven't you?

Ps Hope your interview went well
    Yeahh, but Advanced Highers are such a massive jump up, I'm struggling a bit, especially with French. And because you can get to uni in Scotland purely on Highers, teachers don't put that much effort into teaching AHs :/ Also, general 6th year apathy and lack of effort, especially knowing I already have a uni place anyway.

Thanks it went ok, I guess, but I doubt I've got a place out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    Has anyone been rejected for English or History yet?
    Conditional place for history - AAA.
    Over the moon!!!
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Stevo of course man Do you go/ have been offered?
    Ahhh Stevo , I am in snow, your kinda lucky tho how close you r to lectures. Im alrdy at the uni. Finished my first term .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpencilcase)
    Conditional place for history - AAA.
    Over the moon!!!
    Best of luck
    Well done! What college are you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playxsailxliv)
    Well done! What college are you hoping for?
    University, although probably won't get it. Will be happy with any in Durham City. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansonfish)

What's that? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it will be my first choice. I suppose it depends if I get the grades haha, but I'm pretty certain I can do that
    Then it looks like I will be seeing you next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    What's that? :eek:
    Hatfield college people are stereo-typed to be really judgemental....they're usually Oxbridge rejects 8)

ReputationRep:
    Hatfield college people are stereo-typed to be really judgemental....they're usually Oxbridge rejects 8)
    HEEEEEYYY... don't rub it in... I'm so sad already...

ReputationRep:
    That'll be me then :P Apart from the judgemental part...

ReputationRep:
    Application for anthropology received by a college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    HEEEEEYYY... don't rub it in... I'm so sad already...
    Haha sorry man, unintentional

(Original post by blackpot)
    That'll be me then :P Apart from the judgemental part...
    At least you had the balls to apply to an Oxbridge uni

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got offers for theology yet??
    durham is my first choice, im applying to hatfeild, and to conform to the stereotype yes, i did apply to cambridge to, but if i go there, it will be because im a durham reject ^^
    im really worrying because i have friends who have got offers for archeology, i realllllly want to get an offer
    em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neiljeff123)
    stupid and incorrect post. im sure medicine is really uncompetitive. you dont even study here!
    That wasn't my point. I'm not saying every course at Queens is uncompetitive. Medicine is obviously going to popular virtually everywhere! It's just less competitive than Durham City.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.