Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Combined Honours (Arts) at Durham but have no idea which college to choose.
    If I do go to Durham I will be living out throughout due to other obligations - I know this is advised against but is unavoidable.
    Will my application be hindered if I put no college preference?
    Should I really specify a college with no intention to reside there?
    Would I still be able to take part in formals etc?
    I have no idea at all!!
    Thanks,
    Becky

ReputationRep:
    hi im new to this....
    i want to apply to Durham for Sport, Exercise & Physical Activity.. does anybody know the best college to stay for sport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1993)
    Yeah i got mine today aswell, when did you send your application? I sent mine on the 6th october and the AES says they received it on the 7th but it still hasn't been sent to the department. I hear you on the having to obsessively check it like track though, i hope my department gives out offers as they come in and doesn't wait until the January deadline, the waiting is killing me haha and it's only been two weeks! Good luck!
    I sent mine on the fifth and it says they recieved it on the sixth. Hopefully it'll go to the department soon..I'm hoping I might be one of the early offers they make (if I get in) since I've already got my A levels..

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a confirmation theyve received it and my track details not been sent to department yet though.

ReputationRep:
    MATURE STUDENT. (Well 22 but technically mature)
    BA ENGLISH LITERATURE
    ST JOHN'S COLLEGE

Doubt Il get in, does anyone know how they percieve mature students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalelf)
    Finally got a confirmation theyve received it and my track details not been sent to department yet though.
    Not related to this thread, but when did Sheffield tell you you had an interview/ when did you send your application?

ReputationRep:
    French, German and Beginners Spanish
    Collingwood college
    Durham is my top choice - it just looks fantastic!!

Any other modern languages applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofish4u)
    Welcome to the flawed world of British higher education ...last year I had the same predictions as you and got turned down by 4/5 places, only little old sheffield offered me a place...that was for history but anyways... Just because u have the AS results and the predictions, doesn't mean you are gonna get lathered with offers
    I would say that history is in another league (in there with medicine at some unis) in terms of applications per place. I was looking at undergrad stats and history offered 29% of applicants a place and computer science offered 77%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mansonJP)
    I would say that history is in another league (in there with medicine at some unis) in terms of applications per place. I was looking at undergrad stats and history offered 29% of applicants a place and computer science offered 77%.
    77%? No way! That is so high lol...and yes 30% is the average for history applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Not related to this thread, but when did Sheffield tell you you had an interview/ when did you send your application?
    Sent my application the 6th i think? It was a wednesday anyway. and I got a letter through the post today.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application the 6th i think? It was a wednesday anyway. and I got a letter through the post today.
    Damn, so a bit longer to wait
    When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, so a bit longer to wait
    When is your interview?
    When did you send yours off?
    and the 2nd november, so soon :O

ReputationRep:
    When did you send yours off?
    and the 2nd november, so soon :O
    The 12th. Did they say what would sort of thing would happen? Is it like a formal interview or more one of those "visit day" thingamajiggamys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofish4u)
    77%? No way! That is so high lol...and yes 30% is the average for history applicants
    Yeah, I've heard history at Durham is amazing though - so its bound to be competitive.

How long ago did you get an AES letter before the department received your application?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mansonJP)
    Yeah, I've heard history at Durham is amazing though - so its bound to be competitive.

How long ago did you get an AES letter before the department received your application?

Thanks in advance.
    It was really quick...4 days after I got the email they had it in department

ReputationRep:
    The 12th. Did they say what would sort of thing would happen? Is it like a formal interview or more one of those "visit day" thingamajiggamys?
    Says its more of a visit day, tho there is an interview in with it. If i read the letter right I think its guaranteed an offer tho im not completely sure. It says youll receive an offer after attending or something along those lines anyway.. :/

ReputationRep:
    How do you afford gowns for hatfield every week? o.0
    I'm confused about picking a college, possibly one that closer to the city centre-shops, clubs and such and possibly the safer side.

ReputationRep:
    My college finally sent my application to UCAS. Only took them nearly a month!

ReputationRep:
    I can't log on to AES, it says that it 'can't verify my login details'. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know how to resolve it? :/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by GTWorm)
    I can't log on to AES, it says that it 'can't verify my login details'. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know how to resolve it? :/
    same happening for me, even after the 24 hours.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.