Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia14)
    It will be when i get rejected from Cambridge some time in the next fortnight!! lol
    I'm assuming its yours then?

Btw for everyone whos firming Durham, what are you putting down as insurance? uni and grades
    i don't have an insurance, durham gave me my lowest offer but is also my first choice so there aren't any other options! (ABB)

ReputationRep:
    Just received my college confirmation letter via post. I got St John's. I can relax a bit, now!

ReputationRep:
    Also, is there a Facebook group for Durham 2011 applicants? If not, somebody should make one!
    (sorry if this has been asked before)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Just received my college confirmation letter via post. I got St John's. I can relax a bit, now!
    Congrats!! You're a Philosophy applicant right? I think I've seen you around in other threads I'm a Philosophy future undergrad too! And I've got an offer from Chad's, we'll be basically neighbours
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Probably going to be my firm, thought I'd come and check in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonGirl22)
    Congrats!! You're a Philosophy applicant right? I think I've seen you around in other threads I'm a Philosophy future undergrad too! And I've got an offer from Chad's, we'll be basically neighbours
    Thank you. Congratulations of your offer, too!
    I am a philosophy applicant indeed. Is Durham your first choice?
    We should be homely neighbours if we both end up there. Do not hesitate to pop in to John's if you need to borrow some sugar, ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia14)
    It will be when i get rejected from Cambridge some time in the next fortnight!! lol
    I'm assuming its yours then?

Btw for everyone whos firming Durham, what are you putting down as insurance? uni and grades
    Yeah 99% positive it will be mine. Castle sealed the deal.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Maybe I'll see you there. I'll likely be at St. John's next Autumn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonGirl22)
    Congrats on your offer! I am hoping to get confirmation from Chad's (my first choice) to study Combined Honours Arts. Philosophy may well end up one of my modules; my top two interests for now are English Lit and Classics. Is Durham your firm choice? Will you be going to open days in March?

ReputationRep:
    Politics
    Your application has not yet been received by a College.
    Arrrrrrgh.
    Has anybody got offers for Politics?
    I'm not expecting anything til after Christmas now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Hob)
    Your application has been received by a College.

Yup, got the offer today! Still no college allocation, but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    How long were you waiting for the confirmation letter to come through once UCAS had displayed an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Hob)
    Yup, got the offer today! Still no college allocation, but whatever.
    Sweeet!!! Well done! What course and college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gfaust)
    Congratulations! Maybe I'll see you there. I'll likely be at St. John's next Autumn.
    Congratulations to you, too!
    You probably will. Durham is growing on me a lot, lately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by traveller09)
    How long were you waiting for the confirmation letter to come through once UCAS had displayed an offer?

Three weeks in total from receiving the UCAS track offer to receiving the letter, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    L100 Economics

* Your application has been received by a College
    * A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Should I feel confident? No update via email, letter or UCAS Track as of yet, but this has to be a good sign surely ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by rwhitworth)
    L100 Economics

* Your application has been received by a College
    * A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Should I feel confident? No update via email, letter or UCAS Track as of yet, but this has to be a good sign surely ?
    I think it's almost definite, but UCAS shouldn't take more than a week to update so you don't have long to wait before you can start celebrating for certain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by traveller09)

Mine came in 8 days, but I think this is a bit quicker then normal!
    You could always ring them up, they might know before they send the letter out say your going to Durham over Xmas or something and you'd like to have a look at your college!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I think it's almost definite, but UCAS shouldn't take more than a week to update so you don't have long to wait before you can start celebrating for certain

Thanks I certainly hope it works out then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Hey, when did you send off your UCAS? How long did you have to wait for your offer?
    Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but yeah I sent it off like the second week of November around the 12th, then got an offer on the 9th December. It got sent to a college after like 2 weeks though

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.