Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyboy1993)
    Yeah, I've got the same dilemma... I was thinking maybe the Monday night but I haven't really decided yet

It's only 15 days now :eek: I'm sure you'll be fine, but best of luck anyway, I have the fun of a very awkward conversation with one of my friends to look forward to... (we applied to the same course at the same college, our interviews were even at the same time...) Which college did you apply to?
    Amazing academics!!

I'm sure you'll get an offer. I applied to Pembroke (my sister is at Downing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Thank you. Congratulations of your offer, too!
    I am a philosophy applicant indeed. Is Durham your first choice?
    We should be homely neighbours if we both end up there. Do not hesitate to pop in to John's if you need to borrow some sugar, ha!
    Haha, thanks!! and yup at the moment it is my first choice is it yours? Might see you in October!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Congrats on your offer! I am hoping to get confirmation from Chad's (my first choice) to study Combined Honours Arts. Philosophy may well end up one of my modules; my top two interests for now are English Lit and Classics. Is Durham your firm choice? Will you be going to open days in March?
    Yay Chad's! I think Durham is my first choice, yes is it yours? and yep I am going to the open days in March, although I haven't decided which day to go yet tell me when you get the college confirmation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cactus_Man)
    Hm... there's something extremely ironic about this statement.
    Haha! Good observation skills my friend :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonGirl22)
    Yay Chad's! I think Durham is my first choice, yes is it yours? and yep I am going to the open days in March, although I haven't decided which day to go yet tell me when you get the college confirmation!
    I still don't have official word yet, but I did speak to the head of the department (Combined Honours) and he called the president of St. Chad's for me to see if he could get confirmation before xmas--told me to be cautiously optimistic. I'm going to go in Mar and since I am coming from the States, I'll probably choose the first day. I think Durham is my first choice, but I am also considering St Andrews. Oxford rejected me. What other unis are on your list? Have you been to Durham before? Do you live in London?

ReputationRep:
    Have many/any Law offers been given out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    Have many/any Law offers been given out yet?
    A couple. I've seen 3 law offers for domestic students, 2 on here...and 1 on yougo.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got an offer for physics, absolutely delighted. Over the moon ;p
    Definitely going to be my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    Offer came in yesterday evening for Combined Honours in Social Sciences Hopefully at Chads but they haven't confirmed yet....
    Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for your college to be allocated? It just says "a decision has been made" on their tracker service :confused:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jwolinski)
    Offer came in yesterday evening for Combined Honours in Social Sciences Hopefully at Chads but they haven't confirmed yet....
    Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for your college to be allocated? It just says "a decision has been made" on their tracker service :confused:
    Around 3 weeks, and congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Just received my college confirmation letter via post. I got St John's. I can relax a bit, now!
    Nice... I'll be at John's next year too! Looking forwards to it muchly!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    A couple. I've seen 3 law offers for domestic students, 2 on here...and 1 on yougo.
    Cheers for that. That's not so bad, seems like they've only done the one batch of domestic students so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwolinski)
    Congrats! I've got an offer for Combined Honours in Arts--last friday. I've also picked Chad's and haven't heard--expect we'll hear after new year. Will you go up on open days? I think I'll be at the first one on Mar 22. Is Durham your 2nd or 3rd choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watchthis)
    I've just got an offer for physics
    Congratulations! :beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Around 3 weeks, and congrats!
    Thanks gaahhh I'm excited :eek:

(Original post by skypig97)
    Congrats! I've got an offer for Combined Honours in Arts--last friday. I've also picked Chad's and haven't heard--expect we'll hear after new year. Will you go up on open days? I think I'll be at the first one on Mar 22. Is Durham your 2nd or 3rd choice?
    ooo....maybe I'll see you there! haha I don't know it I'll go to an open day or not cause I live a few miles south of Birmingham so it takes YEARS to get up there and I've been once for a campus tour already, but I havent visited Chads yet cause at the time I though I was going for Hatfield instead but after seeing it aI hated it lol - dont know why haha so it depends when it is etc...but it would be nice to have a look round
    Its probably my first choice, cause I'm not really expecting to get into Cambridge haha although it would be nice! Its between Durham and Exeter really for me, but the courses I've chosen are really different so it would be hard if I got offers from both :/ At the moment anyway its number 1
    What subjects did you specify?

ReputationRep:
    heyy just to check - ive had an offer for durham for 3 days but all that's happened is ucas has changed and it now says 'conditional' next to the course - i dont have an email/letter/anything. is this what normally happens, and how long til i find out what the offer is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumblebumble)
    heyy just to check - ive had an offer for durham for 3 days but all that's happened is ucas has changed and it now says 'conditional' next to the course - i dont have an email/letter/anything. is this what normally happens, and how long til i find out what the offer is?
    What you need to do is click on the course code next to the university name it'll be something like G103 (this is for maths) Once you have clicked on it scroll down and the conditions will be there

ReputationRep:
    Just had an unsuccessful reply from Durham, oh well... I suspect my 64% for M2 stuck out like a sore thumb

ReputationRep:
    Just had an offer for Archaeology of Ancient Civilizations at Durham

ReputationRep:
    Received by a college for law!
    So excited.
    I'm hoping this is a good sign anyway!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.