The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by webber8345
Perhaps it might be an idea to give them a ring? It'll just getting busier and harder to get sense out of them as it nears and passes the UCAS deadline.
I applied to Hatfield too but I only got my offer today (yay) so I hope I'll hear about my college sooner than in a month!
After you heard from UCAS, did you receive an acceptance letter from Durham itself? if so, how long did it take you to get that?

How long after being accepted did other people hear about colleges?

Haha, I literally just got my letter! So no ringing them needed. Kind of disappointed, I've been moved to Grey College, not on the bailey and not old! :frown: I thought they'd at least try to give you something similar to what you originally applied for. Oh well, going to concentrate on the fact that I have an offer and I should be pleased :smile: Well done to you, too, by the way :biggrin: Still, makes me sad that I might be living in this gorgeous place but not in a gorgeous college (no offence to anyone who applied to Grey :redface:). You applying for history too?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1901
Original post by eve_m
Haha, I literally just got my letter! So no ringing them needed. Kind of disappointed, I've been moved to Grey College, not on the bailey and not old! :frown: I thought they'd at least try to give you something similar to what you originally applied for. Oh well, going to concentrate on the fact that I have an offer and I should be pleased :smile: Well done to you, too, by the way :biggrin: Still, makes me sad that I might be living in this gorgeous place but not in a gorgeous college (no offence to anyone who applied to Grey :redface:). You applying for history too?

So will Durham be your firm choice?
Original post by steffanie
I'm not sure, I'm far too indecisive! I'm still waiting on another two, and then I'll visit anywhere that needs to be visited :smile:

No need to visit...Durham is the clear winner!
Reply 1903
Original post by skypig97
So will Durham be your firm choice?

If I fail to get into Cambridge, then yeah it will, there's no way I'm letting the change of college bother me that much :smile: If I do get in, then I'll probably decide to do the stupid thing and have Durham as my insurance. Just because I love it so much :smile:
Reply 1904
Original post by eve_m
If I fail to get into Cambridge, then yeah it will, there's no way I'm letting the change of college bother me that much :smile: If I do get in, then I'll probably decide to do the stupid thing and have Durham as my insurance. Just because I love it so much :smile:

Hopefully Cambridge will send u a nice Xmas letter . . . Either way, Cambridge or Durham, you should have a great holiday! Congratulations and happy holiday!
Reply 1905
Hopefully Cambridge will send u a nice Xmas letter . . . Either way, Cambridge or Durham, you should have a great holiday! Congratulations and happy holiday!

Hopefully :redface: And that's true, I'll be really happy at either one so that's nice :smile: Happy holiday to you too :biggrin:
Reply 1906
Got an interview for Oxford but an immediate rejection from Durham, so congrats to all you guys getting offers! :smile:
I know this has been asked (and ignored) before but has anyone applying for natural sciences heard anything?
I check AES daily and it's been an agonising wait (since early October)!!
So if you have, please leave me know so i can tell the department hasn't died :P
Reply 1908
Hello :smile:

Anyone else applying for Classics?

Have you heard already?
Reply 1909
Original post by Sappho
Hello :smile:

Anyone else applying for Classics?

Have you heard already?

Not single Classics--but through Combined Honours in Arts (English & Classics)--I applied mid-Oct, endured a 2 month delay related to my fee status, and then finally heard last Friday (through AES and UCAS).
Original post by allbritishgirl
I know this has been asked (and ignored) before but has anyone applying for natural sciences heard anything?
So if you have, please leave me know so i can tell the department hasn't died :P

A friend of mine applied around the same time as you for the same course and her's has been at the department since October as well. She's a fantastic applicant as well, so don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 1911
unconditional for french and spanish yayyy
Original post by adam0311

I see you have an offer for law at university college...so do i. are you attending the open days on 22nd and 23rd march??
Original post by DaveD3709
A friend of mine applied around the same time as you for the same course and her's has been at the department since October as well. She's a fantastic applicant as well, so don't worry about it :smile:

thanks, well at least i know I'm not the only one. Congrats on your offer, and wish her good luck too!! :biggrin:
Reply 1914
Not single Classics--but through Combined Honours in Arts (English & Classics)--I applied mid-Oct, endured a 2 month delay related to my fee status, and then finally heard last Friday (through AES and UCAS).

Hm, I hope to hear soon too then, I applied in mid-October as well.
Congrats on your offer! Is Durham your first choice?
Which college will you go to?
Reply 1915
Does anyone know whether you are notified of AES change via email? If so, I could spare the time I attempt to log in just to see if there's something new...
Reply 1916
Original post by Ivanka
Does anyone know whether you are notified of AES change via email? If so, I could spare the time I attempt to log in just to see if there's something new...

I don't think so. But then, they'd definitely let you know via UCAS track if they've made a decision.
Original post by Ivanka

I didn't get an email when mine changed. The one day I hadn't been obsessively checking it haha
Reply 1918
Original post by allbritishgirl

I haven't heard anything so the department may still potentially be dead... At least now you know they aren't ignoring you specifically though!
Original post by adam0311

I only live a few minutes away from the college and law department, so I'm set for visiting Durham :smile: haha.
Would you firm Durham over LSE? I think I'd firm it over KCL if I got an offer, just not sure about UCL, I wish they would reply sooner!

Latest

Trending

Trending