Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Theology

I did an open application, but luckily I still got in. They have accepted me, but they haven't told me which college I've been allocated to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nia M)
    Is it true that the Languages Dept. take quite a while to make offers? (I'm applying for Combined Honours Arts, specifically French and Maths, and am a bit worried that my application is still with the department, although i sent it two months ago...)
    I applied for same course, they did take awhile to get back to me too (about 6 weeks). Could be because your application is quite unusual, combining the Arts subject with a hard science (as opposed to the social science combinations the prospectus makes clear are more popular/acceptable). Were you hoping to take any other arts subjects apart from French, its just they may be a bit iffy about the choice of course, thats just looking at it from my point of view though.

Of course I coulld've missed the small print in the prospectus etc. and be completely wrong in this assumption though!
    If you're worried about how far you've progressed though, have you tried using the AES? Durham should've sent you an email when you applied with a PIN you could use to track the progress of your application, www.dur.ac.uk/aes.
    On here it should say whether your application's been recieved by the Department or College yet.

Hope this helps a little an good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Congrats! Will it be your firm?
    Thanks
    I'm not sure, I'm far too indecisive! I'm still waiting on another two, and then I'll visit anywhere that needs to be visited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Are you an overseas applicant?
    No, I'm not.

(Original post by Lead Pipes A Fortune Made)
    I applied for same course, they did take awhile to get back to me too (about 6 weeks). Could be because your application is quite unusual, combining the Arts subject with a hard science (as opposed to the social science combinations the prospectus makes clear are more popular/acceptable). Were you hoping to take any other arts subjects apart from French, its just they may be a bit iffy about the choice of course, thats just looking at it from my point of view though.

Of course I coulld've missed the small print in the prospectus etc. and be completely wrong in this assumption though!
    If you're worried about how far you've progressed though, have you tried using the AES? Durham should've sent you an email when you applied with a PIN you could use to track the progress of your application, www.dur.ac.uk/aes.
    On here it should say whether your application's been recieved by the Department or College yet.

Hope this helps a little an good luck
    I've been using the AES thing - it still says my application is with the department. And I've been in to see the Combined Honours office, and also the French and Maths departments, and they never said anything about my combination possibly being an issue with it combining an Arts and a Science subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmayrhofen)
    Is anyone going to the post-application open day on 22nd/23rd march??? Particularly university college and law department????
    I think i should be going, just unsure due to the school musical being that week so don't know if i can get out of it :/ University college but for music

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer for history exactly a month ago today, and still heard nothing from any college! Originally applied to Hatfield, has anyone else had it take so long?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by eve_m)
    I got my offer for history exactly a month ago today, and still heard nothing from any college! Originally applied to Hatfield, has anyone else had it take so long?
    I think it means your first choice can't take you so you've been sent somewhere else. Only a guess due to the long wait, you'll find out soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I think it means your first choice can't take you so you've been sent somewhere else. Only a guess due to the long wait, you'll find out soon enough!
    Yeah that's what I figured.. shame, seeing as I sent my UCAS on 3rd September, you'd think they'd have space seeing as as far as I know, Durham do it on a first come first serve basis.. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    Getting worried now.
    my application was 'received by a college' at least 3 weeks ago now, but i still haven't heard anything through ucas. Anyone know whats going on???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubberdam123)
    Getting worried now.
    my application was 'received by a college' at least 3 weeks ago now, but i still haven't heard anything through ucas. Anyone know whats going on???
    mine hasn't even been passed to the college yet eeeekkk! but im hopinf that there just on a break for xmas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Perhaps it might be an idea to give them a ring? It'll just getting busier and harder to get sense out of them as it nears and passes the UCAS deadline.
    I applied to Hatfield too but I only got my offer today (yay) so I hope I'll hear about my college sooner than in a month!
    After you heard from UCAS, did you receive an acceptance letter from Durham itself? if so, how long did it take you to get that?

How long after being accepted did other people hear about colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Perhaps it might be an idea to give them a ring? It'll just getting busier and harder to get sense out of them as it nears and passes the UCAS deadline.
    I applied to Hatfield too but I only got my offer today (yay) so I hope I'll hear about my college sooner than in a month!
    After you heard from UCAS, did you receive an acceptance letter from Durham itself? if so, how long did it take you to get that?

How long after being accepted did other people hear about colleges?
    Haha, I literally just got my letter! So no ringing them needed. Kind of disappointed, I've been moved to Grey College, not on the bailey and not old! I thought they'd at least try to give you something similar to what you originally applied for. Oh well, going to concentrate on the fact that I have an offer and I should be pleased Well done to you, too, by the way Still, makes me sad that I might be living in this gorgeous place but not in a gorgeous college (no offence to anyone who applied to Grey ). You applying for history too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Haha, I literally just got my letter! So no ringing them needed. Kind of disappointed, I've been moved to Grey College, not on the bailey and not old! I thought they'd at least try to give you something similar to what you originally applied for. Oh well, going to concentrate on the fact that I have an offer and I should be pleased Well done to you, too, by the way Still, makes me sad that I might be living in this gorgeous place but not in a gorgeous college (no offence to anyone who applied to Grey ). You applying for history too?
    So will Durham be your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    Thanks
    I'm not sure, I'm far too indecisive! I'm still waiting on another two, and then I'll visit anywhere that needs to be visited
    No need to visit...Durham is the clear winner!

ReputationRep:
    So will Durham be your firm choice?
    If I fail to get into Cambridge, then yeah it will, there's no way I'm letting the change of college bother me that much If I do get in, then I'll probably decide to do the stupid thing and have Durham as my insurance. Just because I love it so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    If I fail to get into Cambridge, then yeah it will, there's no way I'm letting the change of college bother me that much If I do get in, then I'll probably decide to do the stupid thing and have Durham as my insurance. Just because I love it so much
    Hopefully Cambridge will send u a nice Xmas letter . . . Either way, Cambridge or Durham, you should have a great holiday! Congratulations and happy holiday!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Cambridge will send u a nice Xmas letter . . . Either way, Cambridge or Durham, you should have a great holiday! Congratulations and happy holiday!
    Hopefully And that's true, I'll be really happy at either one so that's nice Happy holiday to you too

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for Oxford but an immediate rejection from Durham, so congrats to all you guys getting offers!

ReputationRep:
    I know this has been asked (and ignored) before but has anyone applying for natural sciences heard anything?
    I check AES daily and it's been an agonising wait (since early October)!!
    So if you have, please leave me know so i can tell the department hasn't died :P

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Anyone else applying for Classics?

Have you heard already?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.