Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    Hello

Anyone else applying for Classics?

Have you heard already?
    Not single Classics--but through Combined Honours in Arts (English & Classics)--I applied mid-Oct, endured a 2 month delay related to my fee status, and then finally heard last Friday (through AES and UCAS).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allbritishgirl)
    I know this has been asked (and ignored) before but has anyone applying for natural sciences heard anything?
    I check AES daily and it's been an agonising wait (since early October)!!
    So if you have, please leave me know so i can tell the department hasn't died :P
    A friend of mine applied around the same time as you for the same course and her's has been at the department since October as well. She's a fantastic applicant as well, so don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    unconditional for french and spanish yayyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    No need to visit...Durham is the clear winner!
    I see you have an offer for law at university college...so do i. are you attending the open days on 22nd and 23rd march??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveD3709)
    A friend of mine applied around the same time as you for the same course and her's has been at the department since October as well. She's a fantastic applicant as well, so don't worry about it
    thanks, well at least i know I'm not the only one. Congrats on your offer, and wish her good luck too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skypig97)
    Not single Classics--but through Combined Honours in Arts (English & Classics)--I applied mid-Oct, endured a 2 month delay related to my fee status, and then finally heard last Friday (through AES and UCAS).
    Hm, I hope to hear soon too then, I applied in mid-October as well.
    Congrats on your offer! Is Durham your first choice?
    Which college will you go to?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether you are notified of AES change via email? If so, I could spare the time I attempt to log in just to see if there's something new...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    Does anyone know whether you are notified of AES change via email? If so, I could spare the time I attempt to log in just to see if there's something new...
    I don't think so. But then, they'd definitely let you know via UCAS track if they've made a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivanka)
    I didn't get an email when mine changed. The one day I hadn't been obsessively checking it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allbritishgirl)
    I know this has been asked (and ignored) before but has anyone applying for natural sciences heard anything?
    I check AES daily and it's been an agonising wait (since early October)!!
    So if you have, please leave me know so i can tell the department hasn't died :P
    I haven't heard anything so the department may still potentially be dead... At least now you know they aren't ignoring you specifically though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    No need to visit...Durham is the clear winner!
    I only live a few minutes away from the college and law department, so I'm set for visiting Durham haha.
    Would you firm Durham over LSE? I think I'd firm it over KCL if I got an offer, just not sure about UCL, I wish they would reply sooner!

ReputationRep:
    Offerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    Offerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!
    Awesome!!!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome!!!
    Thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am new on here but applied for History to Durham in October. Is the fact that I have heard nothing other than the dept has received my application imply anything, ie I am less likely to get an offer but they are waiting till all applications are in before rejecting me. Or is my imagination just running riot???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffanie)
    I only live a few minutes away from the college and law department, so I'm set for visiting Durham haha.
    Would you firm Durham over LSE? I think I'd firm it over KCL if I got an offer, just not sure about UCL, I wish they would reply sooner!
    If I were you I'd definitely firm Durham over KCL. I think UCL vs. Durham might be cause for a visit. I think I'm going to firm Durham no matter what. LSE seems to be weak on undergraduate teaching for law. Plus the social life there seems to be

(Original post by Us3rname)
    So you both also have offers to read law at Castle? Snap And Mayrhofen, yeah, I should be at the open days. You too?

Where else have you applied? And which A Levels are you both taking?
    So thats 3 of us for law at castle!

Still debating on whether I'm going to the open day. But if I do, it'll probably be the 22nd. I live in the US, so we don't do a levels. But for what its worth, my subjects are economics, psychology, english, physics and politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowhere girl)
    Hi I am new on here but applied for History to Durham in October. Is the fact that I have heard nothing other than the dept has received my application imply anything, ie I am less likely to get an offer but they are waiting till all applications are in before rejecting me. Or is my imagination just running riot???????????
    My app got stuck from mid-Oct to mid-Dec b/c of a question on my fee status . . . I made calls to Int'l and Admissions Office to gently nudge it along, asking if there was anything they needed from me or if I could answer any questions. Since it was unstuck and a decision was made, I have spoken to the Dept head who apologized profusely for the delay and said there was no reason decisions shouldn't be made inside a month. I am sure this could be different in other Depts, but I wouldn't let your imagination run wild, just ring them up . . . next week now that the holiday is upon us.

ReputationRep:
    I have spoken to the Dept head who apologized profusely for the delay and said there was no reason decisions shouldn't be made inside a month.... just ring them up . . . next week now that the holiday is upon us.
    Thanks I don't want to be a nuisance but it has been ages.... and I really want this one (sigh) I just wondered if I was being rather impatient and imaginative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowhere girl)
    Thanks I don't want to be a nuisance but it has been ages.... and I really want this one (sigh) I just wondered if I was being rather impatient and imaginative.
    1 month is impatient, 2 months . . . that's different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Haha, I literally just got my letter! So no ringing them needed. Kind of disappointed, I've been moved to Grey College, not on the bailey and not old! I thought they'd at least try to give you something similar to what you originally applied for. Oh well, going to concentrate on the fact that I have an offer and I should be pleased Well done to you, too, by the way Still, makes me sad that I might be living in this gorgeous place but not in a gorgeous college (no offence to anyone who applied to Grey ). You applying for history too?
    theyve probably done you a favour tbh, hatfield has a reallly bad reputation for its people, fitting in is more important than how pretty the building is

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 1, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.