Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaHelene)
    Is it possible to make a second application to Durham?

I applied to Glasgow for Biomed but now they no longer offer that course and gave me the option to either choose a different course or apply to another uni.
    My parents suggested I apply to Durham for a seond course. Is that even possible?
    Apparently so, will try and find a link but as long as the course codes are all different i'm pretty sure you can =) have seen incidences of it happening on tsr. Though whether its not better going for a different uni only you could know, do you have your heart set on Durham?
    _

Ok there's a link for you
    http://www.ucas.co.uk/students/apply...oapply/choices
    Note that UCAS says: You can choose up to five choices and there's no preference order

Your application will be sent to all chosen universities and colleges at the same time. Each university and college will only see details of their course or courses that you've applied to. They won't see your other choices until you've received your final decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lead Pipes A Fortune Made)
    Ohh...okay sorry then about the bunch of completely irrelevant info :egg: !
    In that case i can't think why it would be taking so long..maybe the arrangements you discussed didn't get passed on properly to whoever makes the decisions, though i'm really just clutching at straws here...
    Obviously your unlikely to hear anything until after the new year now but maybe then give the office a call and just ask how its progressing? May I ask as well, what is your application's status on the AES atm?good luck though again, my gut instinct is still with the fact that its a more unusual option within combined honours
    Still 'not yet received by a college', after over two months...

(Thanks for your advice by the way )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Yeah I'm guessing reputations aren't generally true. I know what you mean about the architecture, I may be atheist but it's just so pretty I guess it's true about size - I'd kind of like a smaller one (which Grey isn't), but I can easily get over that. Where else are you applying?
    I applied to Oxford, St Andrews, Exeter and Sussex. I didnt get Oxford, though I got an interview which was great, but to be honest, I don't think it was for me in any case - so I'm not all that disappointed, though of course noone likes to be rejected.
    ive got a place at sussex but theyve asked for the same grades as durham and durham is REALLY what I want, so I'm really happy about that.
    Still havent heard from Exeter and St Andrews

Im also applying to a couple canadian unis as 'backups'.

Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    I applied to Oxford, St Andrews, Exeter and Sussex. I didnt get Oxford, though I got an interview which was great, but to be honest, I don't think it was for me in any case - so I'm not all that disappointed, though of course noone likes to be rejected.
    ive got a place at sussex but theyve asked for the same grades as durham and durham is REALLY what I want, so I'm really happy about that.
    Still havent heard from Exeter and St Andrews

Im also applying to a couple canadian unis as 'backups'.

Where have you applied?
    Cambridge, Exeter, Bristol, and Sussex too Got an offer from sussex which I'll have as my insurance if/when I get rejected from Cambridge Canadian unis? How come? Also, merry christmas Even if it technically ended 15 minutes ago...

ReputationRep:
    100th page!!

I'm still waiting for decision. I really want to know early January in case I get an offer so I can book flights for half term to look around.

Edit: Has anyone else received an offer for Engineering yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowhere girl)
    Thanks I don't want to be a nuisance but it has been ages.... and I really want this one (sigh) I just wondered if I was being rather impatient and imaginative.
    I sent my application off on the 11th October, didn't get an offer from Durham until the 20th December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_m)
    Cambridge, Exeter, Bristol, and Sussex too Got an offer from sussex which I'll have as my insurance if/when I get rejected from Cambridge Canadian unis? How come? Also, merry christmas Even if it technically ended 15 minutes ago...
    Well I'm half american half english. going to a canadian uni is a lot cheaper than the states and involves no SATs. I also do the IB and really good, internationally recognised unis in Canada ask for ALOT lower IB points than the UK. So though I'm planning on staying in Europe to be near my family, Canada is potentially an option as an international student with american loans. Its just to give me a few more options.
    Merry Christmas to you too good luck with Cambridge! I have a couple friends hoping to go there, my best friend's applied to Clare College.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Course: PPE
    College: Hild Bede
    Status of application: Waiting...

Who's heard anything?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by webber8345)
    Well I'm half american half english. going to a canadian uni is a lot cheaper than the states and involves no SATs. I also do the IB and really good, internationally recognised unis in Canada ask for ALOT lower IB points than the UK. So though I'm planning on staying in Europe to be near my family, Canada is potentially an option as an international student with american loans. Its just to give me a few more options.
    Merry Christmas to you too good luck with Cambridge! I have a couple friends hoping to go there, my best friend's applied to Clare College.
    Ah well cheaper uni sounds pretty good right now If it makes you feel any better, I know loads of people who applied to Oxford, and I don't know any who got in.. Good luck to your friend, I bet they're as nervous of 6th Jan as I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elf.)
    Hey everyone!

Course: PPE
    College: Hild Bede
    Status of application: Waiting...

Who's heard anything?
    xx

I've heard for PPE.. It seems they were sending out a lot of offers just before christmas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    100th page!!

I'm still waiting for decision. I really want to know early January in case I get an offer so I can book flights for half term to look around.

Edit: Has anyone else received an offer for Engineering yet?
    I have an offer for BEng General Engineering

What did you apply for?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hope I get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matth55)
    Anyone applied for Zoology and got an offer yet?
    Haven't got a reply from anywhere so far so wondering how everyone else is doing...
    Hey, I applied for zoology too and havnt heard anything back yet, and on AES it hasnt been accepted by a college. Please let me know how it goes, I dont know anyone whos got an offer from durham. what college did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been given an offer by St. Mary's college. I am very keen to keep my music going whilst I am at Durham and I was wondering whether you could tell me what the music groups are and what they are like. (I have looked on the website but struggled to find much!) Also how many practise rooms does St. Mary's have?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, My AES changed at the end of november saying my application has been received by a college.
    4 weeks later and I still haven't heard back. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah92_x)
    Hi I've been given an offer by St. Mary's college. I am very keen to keep my music going whilst I am at Durham and I was wondering whether you could tell me what the music groups are and what they are like. (I have looked on the website but struggled to find much!) Also how many practise rooms does St. Mary's have?
    Hey, applying to St Mary's as well What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the best way of getting to Durham? I saw a train from my nearest station would take 3 and a half hours and is £80 return, worth it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah92_x)
    Ditto!
    Lets talk music
    I think we can set up our own groups
    My Dad looked round the college and said there was a brass group there and people set up their own groups, not sure about official ensembles though
    What do you play/sing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    when did you send off your application?
    14 October... ages ago! It says on aes that it is at the department but not been sent to a college... I suppose no news is good news.. but I'm still dying waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttynatz)
    14 October... ages ago! It says on aes that it is at the department but not been sent to a college... I suppose no news is good news.. but I'm still dying waiting!
    they do it pretty much first come first serve so if there wasnt a huge surge in apps. just before you sent it off, youre on the 'maybe' list ...but from vast experience people are bloody happy wherever they go, everyone i know go on about how amazing their uni is lol....where else have you applied?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.