Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bulking without the use of a gym or weights watch

Just want to know if it's possible.
    I'm happy with my body and legs, run 1-2 miles every day, so they're fine.
    But my arms are just a bit scrawny, it kills my confidence if I wear a t-shirt.

So is there anyway to get bigger arms, without the use of a gym or weights? I do have a single 4-8 kilo dumbbell back at home...(Don't laugh!)

I'm not talking absolutely huge arms, but I want them to at least look nice?

ReputationRep:
    pull ups are awesome, press ups at angles, there quite a few programms out there, diet will be very important, eat a lot of good protein and carbs.

Why are weights out of the question by the way? they arent expensive, and if orderer online you can have them delivered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterglen3)
    pull ups are awesome, press ups at angles, there quite a few programms out there, diet will be very important, eat a lot of good protein and carbs.

Why are weights out of the question by the way? they arent expensive, and if orderer online you can have them delivered
    > doesn't recommend eating fats

I'm ashamed, italian bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)

I'm ashamed, italian bro
    haha! bro I'm eating, It wasn't a complete post, come on we can work this out :p:

Yeah, get your fats man, your omega 3 too, i love flax seed on diet, helps me recover quicker and release energy better, cod liver oil too, plus olive oil dressing is good!!!

ReputationRep:
    You can't really do it with bodyweight exercises, maybe pullups. I definitely recommend you atleast buy a set of dumbells. But if you really want to achieve something you should join up at a gym, some gyms are free (YMCA).

ReputationRep:
    The fitness forum is just one big fail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)

I'm ashamed, italian bro
    Italian Job dude?

Fail. Ciao

ReputationRep:
    Welll, I wouldn't recommend eating fats either. Why would you? Carbs and protein are all you need to bulk up, especially if you want to keep it as lean as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craaaig)
    Welll, I wouldn't recommend eating fats either. Why would you? Carbs and protein are all you need to bulk up, especially if you want to keep it as lean as possible.
    Fats are just as important as carbs and protein...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    Fats are just as important as carbs and protein...
    in minimal amounts, why are they needed?
    the only fat you need will probably come from the proteins and carb products you eat, I can't imagine ever purposely eating fat, especially to build muscle.

Only time I would favour fat will be when I'm trying to lower my bodyfat% and maintain muscle.

ReputationRep:
    in minimal amounts, why are they needed?
    the only fat you need will probably come from the proteins and carb products you eat, I can't imagine ever purposely eating fat, especially to build muscle.

Only time I would favour fat will be when I'm trying to lower my bodyfat% and maintain muscle.
    Are you serious?

Non-sat fats, are important for everyone, dietary fat does not = body fat.

Purposefully eat fat? You don't exactly eat blocks of lard...

Jesus Christ.

ReputationRep:
    But if you're considering a serious diet, you'd set out your macronutrients.

Can you explain to me why fat intake is important?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and you'd include fats within your list of macros....

Article:http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...ybuilding.html

Not sure how great it is, but it explains roughly why you need fat...

ReputationRep:
    oh man...

ReputationRep:
    I know fats are important, but I would never go out of my way to meet a certain level of fat intake.

If I was to just eat meals of carbs and protein, no doubt I would get my essential fats from that regardless.

Anyway, my bulks are successful enough.

inb4 eggs and cholesterol

ReputationRep:
    I know fats are important, but I would never go out of my way to meet a certain level of fat intake.

If I was to just eat meals of carbs and protein, no doubt I would get my essential fats from that regardless.

Anyway, my bulks are successful enough.

inb4 eggs and cholesterol
    Haha, good luck getting enough EPA, DHA, polyunsaturates, unsaturates and saturates in your diet without factoring in fats.

ReputationRep:
    Just read the article, enjoy your teaspoon of flaxseed and fish oil capsules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

So is there anyway to get bigger arms, without the use of a gym or weights? I do have a single 4-8 kilo dumbbell back at home...(Don't laugh!)

of course you can bulk without weights op, just like I can watch tv without television or even eyes for that matter!!!

heres what you do:

Buy the following three totally awesome machines bro

use em seven times a day, everyday bro. And remember your diet is important, so make sure you're always getting in that special k cereal in the morning and never eat more than the government recommended daily amount of protein as protein kills brah. And remember bro stay natural, drugs like creatine arent good for anybody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

If you did decide to bulk up ur legs more, my mate swears by road biking lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    of course you can bulk without weights op, just like I can watch tv without television or even eyes for that matter!!!

heres what you do:

Buy the following three totally awesome machines bro

use em seven times a day, everyday bro. And remember your diet is important, so make sure you're always getting in that special k cereal in the morning and never eat more than the government recommended daily amount of protein as protein kills brah. And remember bro stay natural, drugs like creatine arent good for anybody
    loool haha, yeah, don't you dare step over that 15% protein ratio man. And protein shake? what the hell is that? Why do you want to take a really unhealthy protein shake and get all ridiculously bulked up and have veins popping out of your skin everywhere?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.