Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Interesting statistic regarding Law at Warwick.

Apparently, the offer/application ratio is 1/24. Compare this to LSE which is *only* 1/16.

I think it's fair to say that Warwick easily claims the title of most competitive uni for Law. :eek3:
    I'm pretty sure that the ratio is not "offer/application".. but rather "admitted/application". This takes into account the numerous candidates who do NOT take the offer, or miss out on their offers. I'd say realistically its more like 1/5... but thats an estimate. On the other hand, LSE is more likely to be 1/10 or less because people would be less likely to decline an offer from LSE.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nathhsu2326)
    I'm pretty sure that the ratio is not "offer/application".. but rather "admitted/application". This takes into account the numerous candidates who do NOT take the offer, or miss out on their offers. I'd say realistically its more like 1/5... but thats an estimate. On the other hand, LSE is more likely to be 1/10 or less because people would be less likely to decline an offer from LSE.
    That does make sense... :beard:

Anyway, what are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Evenin' fellow Warwick Applicants

So does anyone know if Warwick give out offers before the UCAS deadline in January? (Their site is very vague on the subject) For physics, if that helps at all/anyone knows anyone who got offers before the deadline.

Merci! x

ReputationRep:
    Got an acknowledgement today and I'm pretty sure they do give out offers before January.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for English with Creative Writing. (QW38)

It looks fiercely competitive, but I really like the look of it as a place to study, and the course is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    i'm applying to the same course
    unlikely i'll get an offer tho. I got 2 A's 4 B's and another A from FSMQ additional maths. Predicted A*AA got AAAD in AS. Should i even consider applying?

If your predicted A*AA then yes, definately! AAAD seems like it should be fine to get you in. The course only asks for AAA.

ReputationRep:
    Got acknowledgements for both my courses today! I know I probably still have to wait until February for a decision...but at least I know they have it Anyone else had their acknowledgement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenamm92)
    Got acknowledgements for both my courses today! I know I probably still have to wait until February for a decision...but at least I know they have it Anyone else had their acknowledgement?
    I got my acknowledgement the day before yesterday I think, it was my first one Now just waiting for the decision... although I will for some time

ReputationRep:
    Law

ReputationRep:
    havent got an acknowledgement yet How long does it normal take? i sent mine a week ago

Applying for MMorse altho i think loads of people will apply due to the pure maths being so high!!! Gunna be very hard to get in.

Got AAAB at AS picking up AS FM. Predicted A*A*Aa, anyone eles going for MMORSE?

ReputationRep:
    just checked my inbox! lol came this morn! Got acknowledgement for all but one now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben05)
    havent got an acknowledgement yet How long does it normal take? i sent mine a week ago
    I sent UCAS off on the 29th and I got my acknowledgement the day before yesterday So I suppose it will be a couple of days for you!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Economic History
    I sent my UCAS off on the 27th, still haven't received my acknowledgement, I shouldn't be worried right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben05)

Applying for MMorse altho i think loads of people will apply due to the pure maths being so high!!! Gunna be very hard to get in.

Got AAAB at AS picking up AS FM. Predicted A*A*Aa, anyone eles going for MMORSE?
    Hey I'm applying for MMORSE too and have the same AS grades as you and the same predicted grades too lol. I think it'll be really competitive, what a levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mouse Potato)
    I'm applying for English with Creative Writing. (QW38)

It looks fiercely competitive, but I really like the look of it as a place to study, and the course is amazing.
    I'm sending off my application for this course tomorrow and I'm sooo nervous! I'll be amazed if I even get an interview let alone a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble11)
    I'm sending off my application for this course tomorrow and I'm sooo nervous! I'll be amazed if I even get an interview let alone a place
    I'm still struggling with my personal statement. Thought I had it sorted, but now I'm rethinking and editing it a lot. :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm still struggling with my personal statement. Thought I had it sorted, but now I'm rethinking and editing it a lot. :/
    This is what I've been doing too - I've changed my statement so many times, it's now nothing like my first draft! But I've realised that I'm never going to be completely happy with it and think it's good enough no matter how much I tweak it so I've decided to just stick with it as it is and just send the thing off or I'll keep putting it off for ages :rolleyes: Where else are you applying for this course? I've been really stressing over my choices - that's another thing I keep changing my mind about :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble11)
    Where else are you applying for this course?
    UEA, Birmingham and Lancaster. Then Birmingham again for straight English. (Though I may change this to UEA, not completely sure yet...) You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenamm92)
    WAOW you have an offer already?? When did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    UEA, Birmingham and Lancaster. Then Birmingham again for straight English. (Though I may change this to UEA, not completely sure yet...) You?
    UEA, Lancaster and Nottingham for Eng & CW and Exeter for straight English

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.