Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Really, no History?

ReputationRep:
    Bye bye dreams of Warwick...

Re-taking four exams to keep this dream alive, I hope you appreciate this warwick

ReputationRep:
    I made my UCAS decisions yesterday; Warwick's now officially my insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sia_st)
    hey i got an offer for the economics course... anyone wanna share the joy?
    What was the offer and what subjects

What were ur gcse and a levels grades

I am still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mouse Potato)
    Did you apply for straight lit, or lit with creative writing, if you don't mind me asking?
    I applied for Eng Lit on its own! I really like the uni, but it's been almost 6 weeks since my interview and I've heard nothing Have you applied for English too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissPrecious..x)
    What was the offer and what subjects

What were ur gcse and a levels grades

I am still waiting
    im in ib but my grades were
    English A1 HL 7
    Mathematics HL 6
    History HL 7
    Economics HL 7
    French B SL 6
    Physics SL 6
    +2 bonus points, total 41

ReputationRep:
    Just got MORSE rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara1992)
    I applied for Eng Lit on its own! I really like the uni, but it's been almost 6 weeks since my interview and I've heard nothing Have you applied for English too?
    I interviewed for both English Lit, and the subject with Creative Writing two and a half weeks ago and have heard nothing. Slowly going insane. Every email makes me jump. I want an offer so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara1992)
    English Lit with Creative Writing. Interviewed on the 21st and haven't heard anything yet. Very twitchy about it, but not too concerned right now as it's only been 2 weeks or so.

ReputationRep:
    just got an offer for economics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnt)
    just got an offer for economics!
    Economics L100?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i was really excited haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnt)
    yeah i was really excited haha
    congrats. what grades do u need to get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinggor)
    congrats. what grades do u need to get?
    thanks I do the IB so my condition was 38 points overall with a 6 in maths higher

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard from Warwick for m100 law. I applied 9th November and have e-mailed them several times. WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04chandlar)
    I still haven't heard from Warwick for m100 law. I applied 9th November and have e-mailed them several times. WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG!!!!!
    I gave up waiting for them today, and declined their offer. Theyve obviously got no respect for me so ive applied for Birmingham instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04chandlar)
    I'm also still waiting (m100), application was sent 15th October... So I've been waiting even longer than you! So frustrating! I've also emailed them several times and am just getting their standard response - application is with the course selector and I'll get a decision some time before the end of the month, or May at the latest :/

Honestly; they've had all applications for 2 months since the deadline now, they must have at least read mine as they've had it for 5 months! How long do you need to take to give me a decision!

Oh well. I guess after waiting this long a couple more weeks isn't going to hurt...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomU)
    I'm also still waiting (m100), application was sent 15th October... So I've been waiting even longer than you! So frustrating! I've also emailed them several times and am just getting their standard response - application is with the course selector and I'll get a decision some time before the end of the month, or May at the latest :/

Honestly; they've had all applications for 2 months since the deadline now, they must have at least read mine as they've had it for 5 months! How long do you need to take to give me a decision!

Oh well. I guess after waiting this long a couple more weeks isn't going to hurt...
    I've been on surveillance of this site thread for quite long. Just waiting for someone to write down if they've received an offer lately.

I know one of my friends who sent her application in October and heard in November (for M100). I guess these guys gave about a handful of offers then and then slowed down.

They should be giving out offers this month coz last month the Law, Politics and International Studies departments were on a tour. They visited quite a lot of countries including mine to arrange counseling sessions for the prospective applicants ans participate in the international university fairs. This is based on my assumption that the admission tutors are the same as the faculty of the respective dept. I maybe wrong. But i cant figure out a better reason for a delay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilamba1)
    I've been on surveillance of this site thread for quite long. Just waiting for someone to write down if they've received an offer lately.

I know one of my friends who sent her application in October and heard in November (for M100). I guess these guys gave about a handful of offers then and then slowed down.

They should be giving out offers this month coz last month the Law, Politics and International Studies departments were on a tour. They visited quite a lot of countries including mine to arrange counseling sessions for the prospective applicants ans participate in the international university fairs. This is based on my assumption that the admission tutors are the same as the faculty of the respective dept. I maybe wrong. But i cant figure out a better reason for a delay.
    Whatever the reason, I'm led to believe that Warwick are notoriously slow at making decisions anyway, so I don't think anyone that is still waiting should be unduly worried.

It's really frustrating that they are taking so long nonetheless, but they still have 3 weeks left and perhaps they intend on releasing the majority of their decisions in one batch. I suspect that doing it that way might cut down the amount of admin time used in relaying decisions to ucas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomU)
    Whatever the reason, I'm led to believe that Warwick are notoriously slow at making decisions anyway, so I don't think anyone that is still waiting should be unduly worried.

It's really frustrating that they are taking so long nonetheless, but they still have 3 weeks left and perhaps they intend on releasing the majority of their decisions in one batch. I suspect that doing it that way might cut down the amount of admin time used in relaying decisions to ucas.
    It's like they're very, very, very slowly drip-feeding out offers and then gonna drown TSR all at once!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.