Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarj018)
    I gave up waiting for them today, and declined their offer. Theyve obviously got no respect for me so ive applied for Birmingham instead
    Your choice of course but it's not a question of respect. I hardly think they're using your application as a coaster while they sip tea and have a fag! At this stage it's probably the case that they are waiting to get an idea of how many people are going to accept the offer before deciding if they can make more offers or not - and surely that's better than just rejecting people outright? I understand that it's an anxious time but it's daft to take it personally and think they're somehow dissing your application!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry visit day tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaduck)
    Your choice of course but it's not a question of respect. I hardly think they're using your application as a coaster while they sip tea and have a fag! At this stage it's probably the case that they are waiting to get an idea of how many people are going to accept the offer before deciding if they can make more offers or not - and surely that's better than just rejecting people outright? I understand that it's an anxious time but it's daft to take it personally and think they're somehow dissing your application!
    I wasnt taking it personally, i just said id lost respect for them...which i have

ReputationRep:
    Offer for biochemistry but thinking of changing to do medical microbiology

ReputationRep:
    damn...
    I live in Japan; suddenly waiting for a response from Warwick is of least concern...
    Still, congrats to those with offers and fingers crossed for those still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    damn...
    I live in Japan; suddenly waiting for a response from Warwick is of least concern...
    Still, congrats to those with offers and fingers crossed for those still waiting.
    I hope you and yours are ok, sammydolce :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammydolce)
    damn...
    Yikes.. Hope you're ok! Hopefully Warwick will have some good news for you soon

ReputationRep:
    has anybody heard from warwick in terms of undergraduate admissions email replies?

I emailed about dropping EPQ last week and have sent a duplicate this morning, but alas no reply yet and i see Warwick's term ends at the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krydel)
    has anybody heard from warwick in terms of undergraduate admissions email replies?

I emailed about dropping EPQ last week and have sent a duplicate this morning, but alas no reply yet and i see Warwick's term ends at the end of the week
    This is actually the exact question I was about to ask

Though I'm no longer waiting for a reply in terms of offers etc. I emailed them with a query around a week ago and they still haven't replied - should I assume I'm now to wait until the new term begins? :confused: I was so looking forward to a good old chat with them, too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayeffsee)
    This is actually the exact question I was about to ask

Though I'm no longer waiting for a reply in terms of offers etc. I emailed them with a query around a week ago and they still haven't replied - should I assume I'm now to wait until the new term begins? :confused: I was so looking forward to a good old chat with them, too
    If they don't reply by thursday, i'm going to have to ring up. Of course, if they don't i'm in limbo if i should be doing my EPQ or not and the deadline is soon :rolleyes:

I wouldn't wait till next term, as thats end of April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krydel)

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and it took 4 working days for them to reply.

Hope this helps?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it being the end of term - admin work all year round they don't do terms!!

ReputationRep:
    I called Warwick last week to let them know what my resit results were and they refused to discuss my application with me I had to get my head of sixth form the email them!

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard about my Physics application , so emailed yesterday morning. Got an 'out of office' reply. At 10 am in the morning! What time do they start work? It doesn't inspire confidence. Think I'll go to one of the other three who have made me offers. I do need to have Warwick put their decision on UCAS so that I can firm somewhere else though. Like some other people have said, I think I'll ring them.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going on the maths open day tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Warwick, but offers from LSE and UCL (for Pure Economics). How does that even make sense :/

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for English and French!!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for English + Creative Writing earlier. Already looking at all of the accommodation and getting excited. :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilly123)
    Rejection from Warwick, but offers from LSE and UCL (for Pure Economics). How does that even make sense :/
    Because different unis look for different things. They're interested in who will suit their particular course, not whether people could/did also get in to LSE or wherever.

Congrats on your offers though, they're nice.

ReputationRep:
    WHEN IS WARWICK GOING TO GIVE ME A DECISION?! I APPLIED ON THE 27TH OF SEPTEMBER, HAVE HEARD FROM ALL 4 OTHER UNIVERSITIES AND AM JUST WAITING ON WARWICK!

I need to calm down.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.