Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    WAOW you have an offer already?? When did you send your application off?
    Nope, they just got an email from Warwick saying that they've received their application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    Nope, they just got an email from Warwick saying that they've received their application!
    No I saw an offer in her signature from Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    WAOW you have an offer already?? When did you send your application off?
    Not for Warwick, for Glasgow I'm really happy about it I sent my application off on the 28th of September, and got my offer on the sixth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenamm92)
    Not for Warwick, for Glasgow I'm really happy about it I sent my application off on the 28th of September, and got my offer on the sixth
    congratulations! That's amazing, you're the first person I've heard of who's got an offer. My application was sent off like an hour ago so I'll probably have to wait for a while to get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm applying for MMORSE too and have the same AS grades as you and the same predicted grades too lol. I think it'll be really competitive, what a levels are you doing?

Im doing Maths History and Geog. Then AS FM, although i am self teaching FP2 and 3 with the Further Maths Support Scheme where eles are you applying too? and what courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben05)
    Im doing Maths History and Geog. Then AS FM, although i am self teaching FP2 and 3 with the Further Maths Support Scheme where eles are you applying too? and what courses?
    I'm applying to Oxford for Maths + Stats, LSE Actuarial Science, Cass Act Sci, Heriot-Watt Act Sci, what about you?

I'm doing FP2 right now too, its a *****. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Oxford for Maths + Stats, LSE Actuarial Science, Cass Act Sci, Heriot-Watt Act Sci, what about you?

I'm doing FP2 right now too, its a *****. Good luck
    haha thanks. Im finding fp1 ok, but C3 is disgusting with the trig :mad:

Im doing MMORSE, Act Sci soton, Maths + stats bristol, surrey and brum!

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    No I saw an offer in her signature from Glasgow
    OOH, I thought you meant for Warwick XD Wish I already had an offer, the waiting game is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben05)
    haha thanks. Im finding fp1 ok, but C3 is disgusting with the trig :mad:

Im doing MMORSE, Act Sci soton, Maths + stats bristol, surrey and brum!

good luck!
    Haha wait till you get to first order and second order differential equations in FP2, they have A LOT of trig from C3, I hate it

I visited Soton but their maths building was so depressing.

I feel like I'm taking huge risks with my choices now.

ReputationRep:
    OOH, I thought you meant for Warwick XD Wish I already had an offer, the waiting game is killing me.
    Yep me too. I've barely even played the waiting game lol and I'm already getting all impatient. How long did you have to wait for the welcome letter? I tried logging into Track as I heard all the login details are exactly the same but it didn't let me

ReputationRep:
    Yep me too. I've barely even played the waiting game lol and I'm already getting all impatient. How long did you have to wait for the welcome letter? I tried logging into Track as I heard all the login details are exactly the same but it didn't let me
    Well, I don't actually know when my UCAS was sent off (school didn't tell me) but I think it must have been quite fast because I checked my email and found an email from Cambridge, then tried logging into track and it worked. I got my letter the day afterwards. I keep refreshing my email just in case :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben05)
    havent got an acknowledgement yet How long does it normal take? i sent mine a week ago

Applying for MMorse altho i think loads of people will apply due to the pure maths being so high!!! Gunna be very hard to get in.

Got AAAB at AS picking up AS FM. Predicted A*A*Aa, anyone eles going for MMORSE?
    I am
    Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really glad I have an offer and everything, it's a bit of a relief. But at the same time, i'm even more impatient, like, why can't everywhere else be as fast as Glasgow??? XD I've heard Warwick take aaaages with offers as well Hopefully that's just a rumour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenamm92)
    I'm really glad I have an offer and everything, it's a bit of a relief. But at the same time, i'm even more impatient, like, why can't everywhere else be as fast as Glasgow??? XD I've heard Warwick take aaaages with offers as well Hopefully that's just a rumour...
    Yeah! I wish I had the relief of having an offer though! Congratulations by the way
    Someone in my year got an offer from Nottingham today, kind of worried now because I applied there too and have had nothing from them, I guess it depends on departments, fingers crossed. Really hope Warwick doesn't take too long! Desperate to here back from LSE too, although I guess no news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin.)
    I am
    Where else are you applying?
    Bristol, Southampton, Brum and Surrey. All maths and act. sci or stats.

You?

ReputationRep:
    Haha wait till you get to first order and second order differential equations in FP2, they have A LOT of trig from C3, I hate it

I visited Soton but their maths building was so depressing.

I feel like I'm taking huge risks with my choices now.
    I know what you mean about soton! i just love the city, plus i have a season ticket for the football which is a big push factor!!!! Oh god! you doing C3 atm? The trig is killing me, although im not doing the exam until june!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    I got my offer March 31 :/
    Damn, not just a rumour then XD

ReputationRep:
    I applied four years ago now, but Warwick was the last to reply and it was a long time after all the others.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for both Politics BA and Politics and International Studies BA at Warwick.

**** GCSEs: No A*s, 5 As, 5 Bs and 2 Cs.
    A level: A* Sociology, A Gov and Pol, B History
    AS level: C Economics

According to a tutor in the department who I spoke to, I stand a pretty good chance. My advantages outweigh my disadvantages. My C in Economics for instance was largely earned through independent study. The fact that I'm reapplying (I declined my offer for Politics at Bham) as a post-qual is reassuring and so is the fact that I'm independently studying an A2 in Philosophy and an AS in Classics: Ancient History.

Still, Warwick is insanely competitive...

ReputationRep:
    English, bring on the competition :L all part of it I guess, bit like an educational Gladiators... Wow, that would be fun :L

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.