Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broadwayrachael)
    Me too, I really don't understand! Oh well, we'll be ok
    If it makes you feel any better got rejected too! XD But if you click on the decision letter on track it says you can ask them for feedback if you want xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceOfSpades)
    If it makes you feel any better got rejected too! XD But if you click on the decision letter on track it says you can ask them for feedback if you want xx
    when you received it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saks10111)
    Seriously, I'm so annoyed! How long does it take to filter out applications that came in from late September (that would be mine)?! Sorry if I'm ranting, but this has gone past the 6-month-waiting-period. If only I lived in the UK, I would suggest taking a little group trip to the Warwick admissions office and seeing whether they're hard at work or busy watching footie or something lol.

Does seem a long time. I guess it's the pressure for places. UCAS deadline 31st March so they may have focused on UK based candidates in March. Don't know. Warwick does have a huge number of applikations cos it's so sought after/its prestige. Look on the LSE applicants thread, it's the same or even worse!. If you get in I'm sure it'll be worth the wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stubborn)
    when you received it?
    Yesterday at about 6ish

ReputationRep:
    anyone who got the consideration email and got accepted????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap Yaring)
    I've just received my offer, but I emailed the department yesterday asking when I was likely to hear back... maybe you should email them it might be worth it?
    What did you email them saying? I'm thinking of doing the same. What department did you email?

Well done for the offer

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance to receive an offer for PAIS? I have no hope

ReputationRep:
    I nearly applied here.

Why thumbs me down just for saying that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_mcnally6)
    I had an offer for Exeter but as they offered me the same grades as Wawick, I felt it foolish to accept as my insurance and therefore Cardiff is. Same, I got rejected from UCL and KCL but glad about it now as I do much prefer Warwick and a lot of money can be saved. I'm hoping Arthur Vick. Not even 2 hours - depending on what train etc, could prob be there in about an hour and then there is Birmingham which is very close and Manchester and Liverpool not too far away so a good central location really. Living in Bangkok sounds fun. When do u leave?
    I know what you mean, Exeter and Warwick gave me the same conditions but Exeter's English requirement is a point less, which sort of helps I guess. If we both get Arthur Vick, at least I'll know someone (well sort of) :P All my other friends who applied this year got rejected Cool, I have friends going to U Manchester so that will be convenient but everything is pretty much close which is awesome. Living in Bangkok is great, life is very comfortable here I leave here on the 21st of September for Paris spend 3-4 days there, then London and then to Warwick for the orientation week

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here firmed Warwick for any of the Life Sciences? Message me if so on facebook Yasmin Roxanne Mohseni x x

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Warwick with Nottingham as insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lainy92)
    What did you email them saying? I'm thinking of doing the same. What department did you email?

Well done for the offer
    I told them that I was going away (I'm not, but they don't know that), and that Warwick was my first choice and I was wondering when I would hear back so I could firm it before I went to assure my place on the course. Then the next day I got an offer... not sure if it was just coincidence, but maybe mentioning that it's your first choice would help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhea45)
    I know what you mean, Exeter and Warwick gave me the same conditions but Exeter's English requirement is a point less, which sort of helps I guess. If we both get Arthur Vick, at least I'll know someone (well sort of) :P All my other friends who applied this year got rejected Cool, I have friends going to U Manchester so that will be convenient but everything is pretty much close which is awesome. Living in Bangkok is great, life is very comfortable here I leave here on the 21st of September for Paris spend 3-4 days there, then London and then to Warwick for the orientation week
    Yes it's quite good to know someone going into uni. The English requirement seems daunting buy your English on here seems fine. Have you had to do a language proficiency test? I also know of many people who got a rejection from Warwick along with other unis. The fact that fees go up next year doesn't really help I guess. Your build up to uni sounds fun. Have you been to visit Warwick before?

ReputationRep:
    I told them that I was going away (I'm not, but they don't know that), and that Warwick was my first choice and I was wondering when I would hear back so I could firm it before I went to assure my place on the course. Then the next day I got an offer... not sure if it was just coincidence, but maybe mentioning that it's your first choice would help?
    haha cunning, I like it.
    It's my first choice too so I wouldn't be lying...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lainy92)
    haha cunning, I like it.
    It's my first choice too so I wouldn't be lying...

Thanks
    Good Luck! I hope you get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Warwick

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to the PAIS Open Day on wednesday? Got my offer from Warwick last week (yayy ) and about to firm warwick but want to have another look at it first!

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed Warwick eeekkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shootingstars)
    Just firmed Warwick
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Same
    Cool. What subject?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.