Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choly7)
    I've got an offer for Sociology

Really struggling to decide between Warwick and Durham though Any help, guys?
    Warwick! just on general principles lol, but depends on what you are looking for in a uni?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an offer for Law w/ Soc (4 years) today. It mentioned an Open Day but when I clicked on the link the only dates were in February and March. Does anyone know if there are going to be any more Post-offer Open Days? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam1502)
    Hey, I got an offer for Law w/ Soc (4 years) today. It mentioned an Open Day but when I clicked on the link the only dates were in February and March. Does anyone know if there are going to be any more Post-offer Open Days? Thanks.
    Can't access the Law open day page myself, perhaps email undergraduate admissions?
    [For further information please contact:

Laura Connolly
    Undergraduate Admissions Secretary
    School of Law University of Warwick
    Coventry CV4 7AL

Tel: 0044 24 76523076

Email: [email protected]]

Alternatively, try the Spring Open Day - you get the opportunity to view some accommodation on that day, but perhaps sacrifice the more indepth discussion of the course by the Law department, but there is no harm in going to the Law dept and asking your questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    Can't access the Law open day page myself, perhaps email undergraduate admissions?
    [For further information please contact:

Laura Connolly
    Undergraduate Admissions Secretary
    School of Law University of Warwick
    Coventry CV4 7AL

Tel: 0044 24 76523076

Email: [email protected]]

Alternatively, try the Spring Open Day - you get the opportunity to view some accommodation on that day, but perhaps sacrifice the more indepth discussion of the course by the Law department, but there is no harm in going to the Law dept and asking your questions
    Thanks for the reply. Good idea but the Dept Open Day that I was invited to was sociology so I will find out their undergrad admissions sec. The Spring Open Day sounds like a good back up. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    hey! i got my offer in december!
    just wanted to know if anyone has got the M100 law couse?

ReputationRep:
    unconditional offer.
    M100 law
    anoyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vsmith123)
    Is anyone still waiting for history and politics?
    I am! I wish they would just get back to us... I want to go to the open day on 27th if I get and offer, but I kinda need to let my Dad know so he can get the time off work! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliw92)
    I am! I wish they would just get back to us... I want to go to the open day on 27th if I get and offer, but I kinda need to let my Dad know so he can get the time off work! When did you apply?
    I applied before the oxbridge deadline... can't believe it has taken them over 6 months to make a decision. My friend got an offer for PAIS the other week and went to the open day and she said that the department were really apologetic for having kept everyone waiting for so long and it was because the politics admissions person left and the admissions were handed to another department who forgot about it

ReputationRep:
    I got offer but they require A in economics. It is terrible as my prediction for economics is only B and all my offers dont require economics. Should i email them back to change my offer to A in physics???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HughM2980)
    I got offer but they require A in economics. It is terrible as my prediction for economics is only B and all my offers dont require economics. Should i email them back to change my offer to A in physics???
    They won't change it because you ask. They want you to have an A in economics- it must be particularly relevant to your course, or they see it as important. Just work hard to make it an A!

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY, an offer for Economics and Economic History after 6 months of waiting!

ReputationRep:
    u have got the offer???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixfay)
    u have got the offer???
    Yes,i do.However, it is really difficult for me to get an A in Economics.
    (Original post by viola146)
    They won't change it because you ask. They want you to have an A in economics- it must be particularly relevant to your course, or they see it as important. Just work hard to make it an A!
    Thank you for your advice.

ReputationRep:
    Yes,i do.However, it is really difficult for me to get an A in Economics.

Thank you for your advice.
    Congradulatino! when did u receive it and what did it require??

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just wondering where everyone else was hoping to get accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1989)
    Warwick! just on general principles lol, but depends on what you are looking for in a uni?
    I think reputation is important to me, but Durham is easier to get into as well and that's important. I just want to have a good uni life!

Is the nightlife in Warwick any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixfay)
    Congradulatino! when did u receive it and what did it require??
    AAAb or AAAC include A in MAths and Economics which i dont expect to have A OMG. I got it today.

ReputationRep:
    AAAb or AAAC include A in MAths and Economics which i dont expect to have A OMG. I got it today.
    4 subjects lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choly7)
    I think reputation is important to me, but Durham is easier to get into as well and that's important. I just want to have a good uni life!

Is the nightlife in Warwick any good?
    On campus the main place to go is the Students Union which has a balcony bar, 2 club levels and a third level which is just a pub, oppinion is split on it but personally I think its one of the better SU's ive been to after visiting friends at theirs. Other than that there is only a Varsity just off campus right by Lakeside (good on cheap drinks night lol).

Otherwise for night life you have to go elsewhere as its a campus based uni this often means either leaving early to get the last bus or a taxi (not to bad if a lot of you are sharing). Coventry has a few good places, mainly the Kasbah where they also do music gigs but you will find most people on a night out go to Lemming ton where there are a few good bars and a couple of decent clubs. Overall there is a lot of variety and very good places but not as convenient as a middle of the city university which is a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vsmith123)
    I applied before the oxbridge deadline... can't believe it has taken them over 6 months to make a decision. My friend got an offer for PAIS the other week and went to the open day and she said that the department were really apologetic for having kept everyone waiting for so long and it was because the politics admissions person left and the admissions were handed to another department who forgot about it
    Just got rejected.. Gutted but obviously wasn't meant to be Good luck with yours!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.