Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :woo:GOT AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT FROM WARWICK!! :woo:

I'm getting far too excited over a teensy little acknowledgment. :o:
    Yo, dude!

Long time, no speak! So where in the end did you decide to apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    Oh cool so your like the only person in your fm lessons? I also like the fact that there's only four of us its nice and we chat a lot too. It's jus that one creepy teacher. Do you go to any further maths programmes? I go to some in London..

:O you're doing M3? How can you stand mechanics? lol I've already started hating M1! I have to do M2 soon though I'm really not looking forward to it
    I'm doing M3,M4 & M5 this year. AQA... horrible. It's the way my school does it. Really silly IMO because I want to do MMORSE and we don't do ANY stats modules at all which I think is unfair, only pure and mechanics. I mean, if we're allowed to do S1, surely S1 would be so much easier than M5? But I don't know how it works so I don't argue with it!

But, we did M1 and M2 last year and I found M2 really hard at the start but by the end of it it was fine and I ended up getting UMS 100 in both M1 and M2 so maybe I should like it a bit more!

ReputationRep:
    Also, struggling along writing my PS here. I have attemped to get some work experience in an actuarial setting but haven't managed it. I could give a massive push for it one more time and try again to get it?

But basically.. my qu... do you think it would be a huge hinderence whilst applying to MORSE to not have work experience from any relevant setting? My work experience is in a law setting.. I am planning to twist it a little, writing about the financial aspect of law etc, but I don't want it to be a huge hinderence to my ps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexx :))
    Also, struggling along writing my PS here. I have attemped to get some work experience in an actuarial setting but haven't managed it. I could give a massive push for it one more time and try again to get it?

But basically.. my qu... do you think it would be a huge hinderence whilst applying to MORSE to not have work experience from any relevant setting? My work experience is in a law setting.. I am planning to twist it a little, writing about the financial aspect of law etc, but I don't want it to be a huge hinderence to my ps.
    It's not a job application. Keep it academic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    It's not a job application. Keep it academic.
    Thanks. So you don't think not having any directly relevant work experience is too much of a concern?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexx :))
    Thanks. So you don't think not having any directly relevant work experience is too much of a concern?
    No.

Just leave it if you don't have anything related...

There not much related you could have done anyway...

Academics are top priority
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Yo, dude!

Long time, no speak! So where in the end did you decide to apply?
    :hello:

Haven't seen you on here in AGES! Check my sig, it reveals all.

This UCAS stuff is so nerve-wracking. :afraid: Btw, what's your second choice after Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for maths and philosophy

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

Haven't seen you on here in AGES! Check my sig, it reveals all.

This UCAS stuff is so nerve-wracking. :afraid: Btw, what's your second choice after Oxford?
    Hmmmm....Good question. Look at my typical offers:

Durham - A*AA
    Warwick - A*AAa
    Bath - A*AA
    UCL- A*AA
    Oxford- AAA

Errrmmmmm.....Oxford is my insurance :p:

But seriously if I get an offer from oxford, it's an no insurance ting, you get me? :teehee:

Whats you insurance?

ReputationRep:

Durham - A*AA
    Warwick - A*AAa
    Bath - A*AA
    UCL- A*AA
    Oxford- AAA

But seriously if I get an offer from oxford, it's an no insurance ting, you get me? :teehee:

Whats you insurance?
    Wow.....why would you take such a risk??You could have atleast one university which needs AAb/Abb!!!:eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Durham - A*AA
    Warwick - A*AAa
    Bath - A*AA
    UCL- A*AA
    Oxford- AAA

Whats you insurance?
    Practically all the high-achieving people I know that are applying for Maths/Econ are doing exactly what you're doing!

I'm jealous of you guys!! :p: I wish that I could say, "Yah, 4 of my unis need A*AA". Unfortunately, the only unis that ask for A*AA for Law are LSE and Cambridge and I didn't want to apply to LSE! The lowest offer I'll get asked for is AAA so I don't have an insurance per se, but my second choices if/when I get rejected from Cambridge are Nottingham and Warwick.

By the way, I have a friend applying for Maths at almost exactly the same unis as you. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodboy4444)
    Wow.....why would you take such a risk??You could have atleast one university which needs AAb/Abb!!!:eek3:
    That's the way us manz roll, like innit :lol:

But yeah I'm scared. The only uni where I'm probably to get an offer from is Bath, anything else, anything can happen. I mean I can so easily be posting here with 4 rejections and 1 offer. I'm scared now :eek3:

BUT I'LL NEVER GIVE UP!

ADAPT AND OVERCOME!

ReputationRep:
    Practically all the high-achieving people I know that are applying for Maths/Econ are doing exactly what you're doing!

I'm jealous of you guys!! :p: I wish that I could say, "Yah, 4 of my unis need A*AA". Unfortunately, the only unis that ask for A*AA for Law are LSE and Cambridge and I didn't want to apply to LSE! The lowest offer I'll get asked for is AAA so I don't have an insurance per se, but my second choices if/when I get rejected from Cambridge are Nottingham and Warwick.

By the way, I have a friend applying for Maths at almost exactly the same unis as you. :yep:
    Yeah all the mathmo's sounds l33t with their A*AA offers

But I'd say a law degree in terms of employability is probably much better. :cool:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Warwick has sent me a prospectus...even though they've sent me one before.

I'd like to think it's a sign that I'll get an offer! Anyone else received one?

ReputationRep:

thats what i thought! but i dno
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bdoc)
    thats what i thought! but i dno
    Haha, I doubt that it means we'll get an offer, but it's nice to think so! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Econ L100, Warwick will be my #1 choice

ReputationRep:

I got one too, as did several of my friends who are also applying to Warwick. It seems a bit odd seeing as I already have two :p: There wasn't even anything else in with it, just a random prospectus

ReputationRep:
    Rhea, from Thailand. Applying for Law (M100) Entry in 2011 and hoping to hear back soon

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have an offer from warwick yet?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.