Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Physics offer wooooooooooooooooop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schofio)
    I applied to Warwick on the 16th October, and even though my other choices have acknowledged my application, Warwick has yet to do so.
    How long should it take to get an acknowledgement? Oxford, Durham, York and LSE all only took a few days!
    Also, anyone else applied for PPE (L0V0)?
    I sent my application on 15th October and I haven't been acknowledged yet either. I think the people who applied much earlier have been acknowledged whereas the more recent ones haven't yet. Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)
    Congratulations!! Do you know if any Economics offers are being made?

ReputationRep:
    Kind of a late start, but hi!
    Applying for Politics with International Studies - I would really like an offer soon!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)
    well done, sorry for making you sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    I loveee Warwick too eventhough I havent been there before, I did Google Map it so it's practically like being there right?.. and I agree I can imagine living there too but coming from London it'll probably seem like an isolatedf village...do you live far away? I think I'm only about 2.5hours ish train ride away.

Hope we both get in.
    50 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broadwayrachael)
    Kind of a late start, but hi!
    Applying for Politics with International Studies - I would really like an offer soon!!!
    Apart from Cam, which is your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Apart from Cam, which is your top choice?
    Ooh not sure really! I loved Warwick, and Dr McCrisken is a personal hero (sad, I know), but St Andrews lets me study Psychology alongside IR, and the Birmingham/Nottingham courses are great too.. Probably Warwick or St Andrews though, I think

Why do you ask?

Also, I notice you're a Saints fan I'm a Patriot - my Dad grew up in Boston

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broadwayrachael)
    Ooh not sure really! I loved Warwick, and Dr McCrisken is a personal hero (sad, I know), but St Andrews lets me study Psychology alongside IR, and the Birmingham/Nottingham courses are great too.. Probably Warwick or St Andrews though, I think

Why do you ask?

Also, I notice you're a Saints fan I'm a Patriot - my Dad grew up in Boston
    At Warwick you are allowed (encouraged) to do modules outside your department, so nothing is stopping you if you want some extra psych.

ReputationRep:
    WOOO got an offer for physics yesterday. Might ask to change it to Maths and Phys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    At Warwick you are allowed (encouraged) to do modules outside your department, so nothing is stopping you if you want some extra psych.
    That's interesting!! On the open day it was mentioned I could take modules outside of my core subject, but I assumed they'd probably be limited to arts subjects! Definitely Warwick then I really liked it at the Open Day, and the chance to be taught by Dr McCrisken is seriously fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMMD)
    Congratulations!! Do you know if any Economics offers are being made?

Not sure, havent heard of any being made =S

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an offers for Psychology yet? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Chemistry F105

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Warwick on the 16th October, and even though my other choices have acknowledged my application, Warwick has yet to do so.
    How long should it take to get an acknowledgement? Oxford, Durham, York and LSE all only took a few days!
    I applied on the 15th for PPE and haven't been acknowledged yet either.

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 12th and was acknowledged on the 15th!!I have never been to warwick...how is it??How is the nightlife?Is it really expensive like london?Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    Just got an AAB offer through to study Chemical Biology :smug: :woo:
    wow thats great!
    how did they inform you?
    email?
    I'm still waiting for my acknowledgement email
    =S
    How long did it take?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I applied, too, but I sent my application early (end of September) so I was acknowledged as well.
    PM me if you feel like talking to fellow PPE applicant .)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by blanazs)
    wow thats great!
    how did they inform you?
    email?
    I'm still waiting for my acknowledgement email
    =S
    How long did it take?
    I got an e-mail from UCAS saying my track had changed first of all. After logging onto track my Warwick had changed to conditional, and it's just a matter of clicking on the course code to find your grades and accompanying letter (which is just a formal way of accepting you). About a day later I THEN got an e-mail from Warwick saying congratulations, here are your grades :rolleyes:

I sent mine off on the 29th September, so it took about 3 weeks to arrive

Good luck with your application though (and don't forget, they don't actually HAVE to acknowledge you. My York interview came through before their acknowledgement)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    I got an e-mail from UCAS saying my track had changed first of all. After logging onto track my Warwick had changed to conditional, and it's just a matter of clicking on the course code to find your grades and accompanying letter (which is just a formal way of accepting you). About a day later I THEN got an e-mail from Warwick saying congratulations, here are your grades :rolleyes:

I sent mine off on the 29th September, so it took about 3 weeks to arrive

Good luck with your application though (and don't forget, they don't actually HAVE to acknowledge you. My York interview came through before their acknowledgement)
    ah right
    thanks
    i still haven't received my acknowledgment from warwick
    =S
    its my first choice so i've been getting a little worried
    haha
    =)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.