Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just for everyones benefit, I'm at Warwick now and I didn't get my offer until MARCH. I went to an interview in February, a couple of weeks after which I got my offer. I applied to Engineering though, and that department does everything late...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Well, last year quite a few people heard in early Nov and quite a few heard in December.
    This is for Law right? That's good then. Waiting is tortureee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tigers101)
    Just for everyones benefit, I'm at Warwick now and I didn't get my offer until MARCH. I went to an interview in February, a couple of weeks after which I got my offer. I applied to Engineering though, and that department does everything late...
    Niiccceee, how have the first couple of weeks been?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what my chances are of getting onto the Management course at Warwick. I'm currently studying Maths, Biology and Business Studies and I'm predicted A*AA.
    I'm hoping to send my UCAS off next week

ReputationRep:
    Well they can't guarantee everyone an offer within three weeks and wait until all applications are in on a competitive course to make final decisions, so I'd treat the three-week thing with a pinch of salt. You may get an offer soon if you're exceptional and would always have got one regardless of the competition, but I wouldn't mind betting many people will need to wait a while longer than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)
    Really! I've heard most people don't get offers from Warwick till much later on (Jan/Feb). Wow, I hope it's true they send out decisions earlier.
    I got an offer a couple of days ago but it was for history of art, and I already have my grades so.... I think it really depends! But they are clearly giving out some offers now! xx

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offer! That's great

I haven't heard of any Warwick Law applicant with an offer yet though. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by maka9)

I haven't heard of any Warwick Law applicant with an offer yet though. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I've been obsessively poring over the offers grid from last year, and if we're lucky we could hear from them pretty soon.

Btw, in your PS did you put lines between paragraphs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james120793)
    Yeah, I quite fancied doing a couple of Psychology modules in the first year @ Durham, LOVE the flexibility of that course! Have you heard from Warwick?!?! I only got an acknowledgement email But LSE though, <3 , that would be amazing!!! Ooooh Maths @ Cambridge, I considered Maths for a bit, but I didn't fancy my chances of Pure Maths considering I've had to teach myself Further Maths, so I think I wouldn't be up to scratch in a pure maths interview tbh, so went for Eco @ Clare! Which college have you applied to?
    I know! The flexibility of the course really astounded me when I looked it up! I was going to apply to St Andrews as you can choose three subjects in the first year, but I like Durham more and you can also choose 3 subjects I do desperately want an offer from LSE though, especially as I just got back from London an hour ago! Ouch, that must be pretty hard to self teach further maths!

Yep, I've got an offer from Warwick already, don't know if I'll hit the grades though, especially STEP! I went for Corpus because they didn't want physics! Clare is so pretty though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kumiko_x3)
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what my chances are of getting onto the Management course at Warwick. I'm currently studying Maths, Biology and Business Studies and I'm predicted A*AA.
    I'm hoping to send my UCAS off next week
    I would say you have a very high chance of getting an offer. I'm at Warwick doing accounting & finance and have some lectures with some management kids and typical is AAA. Only thing against you is the fact that Business Studies may not be as respected as say economics A-level but this is a minor thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexx :))
    AQA exam board. What about you? I'm doing the whole F Maths A Level in a year, so have 6 modules to do this year. So it basically takes up 2 of my a level slots in school. We've finished 2 already, FP1 and M3.... i already did PC1,2,3,4 & M1,2 last year

Oh and I'm in NI so our half term is slightly different. We just got off today, off tomorrow and then all of next week.

Ouch, did you do the whole of maths last year? I wish my school did that, would be so much more useful than doing them at the same time but as it's only me they can't timetable a separate core maths lesson block just for one person. Ooh, lucky! You don't have to got to school the day after Halloween!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I've been obsessively poring over the offers grid from last year, and if we're lucky we could hear from them pretty soon.

Btw, in your PS did you put lines between paragraphs?
    I copied my PS in from word so the actual spacing between the paragraphs was gone but you could still tell it was a new distinct paragraph because obviously the next paragraph's line started as a new line. It said in the instructions to not add extra spacing and stuff as it'll appear in its original formatting to universities. Did you add spacing?
    Even if you did, I'm sure it doesn't really matter it's just going to like a bit more spaced out, which I don't think is that big of a deal really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zandra25)
    I got an offer a couple of days ago but it was for history of art, and I already have my grades so.... I think it really depends! But they are clearly giving out some offers now! xx
    Forgot to quote you before :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)

thanks I guess it really depends on the department, I know of someone else with a Warwick offer for history of art! also law is probably a higher demand subject so I guess they take a bit longer, but hopefully you will hear from them soon! good luck

ReputationRep:
    I stalked the thread for last year's warwick applicants and people applying for MMORSE only got offers around late dec/jan so I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait...and stare at Track and Hotmail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    Ouch, did you do the whole of maths last year? I wish my school did that, would be so much more useful than doing them at the same time but as it's only me they can't timetable a separate core maths lesson block just for one person. Ooh, lucky! You don't have to got to school the day after Halloween!
    You do it on your own? Eeek, that's not nice. I wouldn't fancy being the only one in my school.

Yep, we have this week off! Pretty handy especially as I'm going to see Lady Gaga tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)
    I copied my PS in from word so the actual spacing between the paragraphs was gone but you could still tell it was a new distinct paragraph because obviously the next paragraph's line started as a new line. It said in the instructions to not add extra spacing and stuff as it'll appear in its original formatting to universities. Did you add spacing?
    Even if you did, I'm sure it doesn't really matter it's just going to like a bit more spaced out, which I don't think is that big of a deal really
    I wanted to add spacing but I didn't have room by the end of it as it was over 47 lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    I stalked the thread for last year's warwick applicants and people applying for MMORSE only got offers around late dec/jan so I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait...and stare at Track and Hotmail
    Great :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll just have to try keep myself busy and not think about it too much!

ReputationRep:
    Great :rolleyes: Oh well, I'll just have to try keep myself busy and not think about it too much!
    Yeah me too, have you got any offers?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to add spacing but I didn't have room by the end of it as it was over 47 lines
    The spacing copies over from MS Word (so the version universities receive is pretty much how it looked on Word if you typed it up there). I don't think you're actually meant to add any extra spacing, but then again it's nothing big if people did. I personally think they should make the bit that explains how it appears to universities a little bigger :P Lots of people in my school got confused too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.