Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    :rofl:

My man Aristotle, tbh I say "My man Shakespeare!" all the time. That and I also pronounce Shakespeare, Shakey-speare. Yeah I'm going to fit right in at Cambridge.
    Haha, but you sound cool! She's like 30 something which is just a bit :blush:
    Shakey-speare. LOL, I should use that! Are you applying for English?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Becca :))
    That's cool loads of people from the conference are applying to the college they stayed in!haha

well we kind of are...my results were a bit weird in that I got a high mod (90-100%) and a low mod (high B or scraped A) for all my subjects, leaving me averaging 84%-90.5% (ignoring general studies which was 95%). I looked at Oxford but I don't like their exam system - 2 and a bit years at the end of year 3 doesn't sound good! I'm also concerned about the lnat :/ you'll probably get a much higher mark than me! I've booked my test and I'll take it but don't hold out hope of doing well!
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. At least you didn't get three 81% like I did! :gthumb:

When's yours booked for? I still haven't booked mine cos I'm so scared! :afraid: I suck at the practice tests! Keep getting around 16 cos I never know which is the best answer. Plus, now that it's out of 42 it's even worse!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm predicted 39 points...

ReputationRep:
    The LNAT sucks so bad. I've got a practice book for it and well it's just so rubbish It has the answer to the question directly underneath the actual question it self. So you end up like instantly reading the answer too I've done the practice tests on line and I got 21 and 17 I think it was. I'm more worried about the essay.

I'm booking mine for around November time, hopefully that gives me enough prep time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Haha, but you sound cool! She's like 30 something which is just a bit :blush:
    Shakey-speare. LOL, I should use that! Are you applying for English?
    Yep and tbh it's nice to see another black girl hoping to apply for an English related course. I keep on hearing people saying that my parents must resent me or that I should be doing economics/law/medicine :blah:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    I can't remember her name though! I think it was Fayo, or something along those lines...

I was in the 11-12 Law talk in the Ramphal Building, right at the back on the right. It annoyed me though as there was a fire exit like right behind me and so many people kept walking in throughout the talk.

Looking at my competition for Law so far; Doughnuts and Becca, I am definitely disadvantaged! Haha I can smell the rejections! Good luck guys and girls

What are you guys predicted by the way? I'm AAA atm, but I might try and get my History bumped to an A* as i did get like 94% overall...

Yeah I seen some very nice girls; the small blonde student volunteer standing near EAT
    Ahh, I was in the 14:45 Law talk.

Don't worry, there's still GCSEs and personal statement to take into account. Plus, I've heard that Warwick are quite strange when it comes to Law admissions because they regularly reject many top condidates and give other people a chance.

I'm predicted A*AA, but I think it's getting changed to A*A*A. I'm pretty sure that Becca is predicted something like A*A*AA.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The LNAT sucks so bad. I've got a practice book for it and well it's just so rubbish It has the answer to the question directly underneath the actual question it self. So you end up like instantly reading the answer too I've done the practice tests on line and I got 21 and 17 I think it was. I'm more worried about the essay.

I'm booking mine for around November time, hopefully that gives me enough prep time...
    That's funny, cos the essay part is the bit I'm looking forward to the most! The multiple choice part is what scares me. :afraid: The two practice test I did ages ago, I got 13 and 16. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Ahh, I was in the 14:45 Law talk.

Don't worry, there's still GCSEs and personal statement to take into account. Plus, I've heard that Warwick are quite strange when it comes to Law admissions because they regularly reject many top condidates and give other people a chance.

I'm predicted A*AA, but I think it's getting changed to A*A*A. I'm pretty sure that Becca is predicted something like A*A*AA.
    Yeah my GCSE's were not that incredible either, I'm quite happy about my PS though and I have quite a bit of work experience, so who knows what will happen. All Uni's seem a little weird like a guy from my school who was doing 6 A-Levels( the Sciences, FM, Maths and a language) , predicted all A*'s-A's, plus like Mandarin at GCSE got rejected from Cambridge for Physics

He's also the reason why my school don't want to predict A*'s anymore. However I'll ask if it's possible

The thing with the essays are that like only one could be answered properly/argued properly or to a good degree. Also the essay subject choices are pretty random to say the least, but I think it's more not what you write but more how you construct and convey your arguments to the reader that they care about. Hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    Applying for economics
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah my GCSE's were not that incredible either, I'm quite happy about my PS though and I have quite a bit of work experience, so who knows what will happen. All Uni's seem a little weird like a guy from my school who was doing 6 A-Levels( the Sciences, FM, Maths and a language) , predicted all A*'s-A's, plus like Mandarin at GCSE got rejected from Cambridge for Physics

He's also the reason why my school don't want to predict A*'s anymore. However I'll ask if it's possible

The thing with the essays are that like only one could be answered properly/argued properly or to a good degree. Also the essay subject choices are pretty random to say the least, but I think it's more not what you write but more how you construct and convey your arguments to the reader that they care about. Hopefully...
    Ahh, but Cambridge is Cambridge. The guy probably had a weak interview or something. A guy from my college ended up with A*A*A*AA got rejected from Can, but is now going to LSE for Economics. There was obviously a reason for him getting rejected.

You're 100% right about the essay, but that's kinda why I like them yet fear them a bit at the same time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ray_Han)
    Applying for economics
    This reminds me...

All your choices are A*AA apart from Durham! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me...

All your choices are A*AA apart from Durham! :zomg:
    Well Warwick is A*AAB-AAAB. Yep it is going to be pretty nerve wracking this year with the A* business . I need 5 marks to get one in maths though, and I have two chances, in Jan and June. I am going for a(n extremely) high risk strategy, but high risk could mean high reward.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there must be a reason, who knows, he went to Durham anyway so I doubt he was particularly bothered.
    My teachers always say that my essays are "well constructed and flow logically" however that's with subject material that I study in-depth rather than a random essay title that a computer spits out, so i'm a bit worried that I'll be sitting there with a mental blank going "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE!!!!" for 2 hours and 45 minutes. That's such a long exam actually, and I'm quite glad my college will cover the cost of my probable LNAT failure

ReputationRep:
    Maths and statistics,
    A2 predicted grades;
    Maths (already achieved) - A*

Further maths - A*
    Additional further maths - A
    Economics - A*
    Physics - A*
    Critical thinking - A*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well Warwick is A*AAB-AAAB. Yep it is going to be pretty nerve wracking this year with the A* business . I need 5 marks to get one in maths though, and I have two chances, in Jan and June. I am going for a(n extremely) high risk strategy, but high risk could mean high reward.
    Oh, so if you had got the A* this year that would have satisfied the entry requirements? In that case, it's not too bad. Sucks that you just missed out on the A* in Maths, though.

And I thought that going for the top Law schools that only asked for AAA was high-risk. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so if you had got the A* this year that would have satisfied the entry requirements? In that case, it's not too bad. Sucks that you just missed out on the A* in Maths, though.

And I thought that going for the top Law schools that only asked for AAA was high-risk. :rolleyes:
    It is high risk, just not extremely high risk :p:. Law is less about grades though right?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah there must be a reason, who knows, he went to Durham anyway so I doubt he was particularly bothered.
    My teachers always say that my essays are "well constructed and flow logically" however that's with subject material that I study in-depth rather than a random essay title that a computer spits out, so i'm a bit worried that I'll be sitting there with a mental blank going "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE!!!!" for 2 hours and 45 minutes. That's such a long exam actually, and I'm quite glad my college will cover the cost of my probable LNAT failure
    I kinda feel the same tbh. I'm scared of picking a really hard question, or freezing up and then waffling.

Wait...your college pay for your LNAT?!?! :eek3: Lucky!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry F105 :ahee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It is high risk, just not extremely high risk :p:. Law is less about grades though right?
    Law is in fact very much about grades. :sadnod: I'm genuinely surprised that places like UCL and Nottingham haven't incorporated the A* in their Law offers yet. I'm guessing that universities will start to place less weight on the LNAT and start using the A*. LSE has already started using the A*, so it's only a matter of time before othe unis follow suit.

ReputationRep:
    No PPEists here yet, surprising.

I'll change that.

PPE, applying post-qual.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.