The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by puma21
Would warwick reject you for maths if your prediction is A*AB?

I doubt they'll reject you for that. They only reject 7% of maths applicants, if your reference/ps/grades reflected the B prediction then they might.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I've applied for History and Politics..

Anybody else? :smile:
Reply 762
Original post by Davott
BSc Management - N200

Anyone at the same talk as me today? One guy got told not too bother applying :biggrin: *cringe*

I think I know that guy!
Reply 763
Original post by Doughnuts!!
And you'll probably have to get interviewed as well? GAAHHH, I hate all this uni stuff!

Btw, just felt like mentioning that I found your life story well and truly uplifting and slightly inspirational. :yes:

Awww thank you :smile:

Yeah, I'm not expecting to get any offers without interview first at any of the unis that I've applied to. I don't see that as a bad thing though really... I'd bet that a lot of marginal A level students would love the opportunity to show enthusiasm for their subject at an interview rather than be judged (and possibly rejected) solely on their UCAS application.

Mature students that are likely to meet the academic requirements seem to normally be given that chance to meet the admissions tutors in person and leave an impression and I think that is to our advantage.

Still, I'd rather just get an outright offer if it were possible! :biggrin:
Reply 764
Original post by soutioirsim
Yeah I got an offer a couple of weeks ago too but I've been invited to an open day for next wednesday, 17th.

When did you get your invitation? Was it via email or post?
I'm applying for History and Sociology.
For AS i got History (A), Sociology (A), Psychology (B-2 marks off an A) and English Lit (C-dropped). So essentially i'm applying with AAB and i'm predicted AAA. Do i stand a chance?

p.s Sorry for highjacking this thread:biggrin:
Reply 766
Hiya ive applied for History and Politics. Only got an acknowledgment letter, anyone else?
Original post by Ollie901
When did you get your invitation? Was it via email or post?

Email, when did you get your offer? Mine was on the 26th October.
Reply 768
Original post by soutioirsim
Email, when did you get your offer? Mine was on the 26th October.

26th.

I assume there will be more then one though? Some havent even applied yet?
Original post by Ollie901
26th.

I assume there will be more then one though? Some havent even applied yet?

Yeah exactly, dont worry bro :smile:

Btw, did you check your junk email folder because all my emails from Warwick went straight to the junk box.
Reply 770
Original post by Michael XYZ
I think I applied about that time too and same A-levels. Freaky. :P

Mine says 8 October updated for Warwick on Track.

Same A levels as both of you and 5th October :rolleyes:
Original post by Mdawg

Ah. Nevermind.

You have an economics blog? Wow, they should really get you.
Reply 772
Offer for Biological sciences (ABB) today :smile:
Reply 773
Ah. Nevermind.

You have an economics blog? Wow, they should really get you.

Warwick can be a bit weird I've heard. Someone in the year above me at school got into Cambridge but didn't get a Warwick offer until April.
Reply 774
Got a conditional offer from warwick today :s-smilie:. Happy but confused as I already have my grades at AAA :/
Original post by BiGBaDBoO
Got a conditional offer from warwick today :s-smilie:. Happy but confused as I already have my grades at AAA :/

Oh wow :s-smilie: congratulations though! What subject? And what was the offer?
Reply 776
Original post by Mdawg

I think you'll like Econ here. We have an econ magazine ('Assumptions' magazine) written by students which you can join. Also, looking at one of your blog posts about the Nash equilibrium, John Nash came to the Warwick Economics Summit (can't remember which year). Pretty cool.
Reply 777
Well done guys. So you both are doing 4 A-levels I'm assuming? Is the A* in Maths?

Nice they give out offers now, hopefully will get one soon too.. :P You both are UK applicants right?

This kinda scares me as I am doing 4 A levels as well but half relying on only needing 3 grades. The thought of A*AAA scares me although I already have an A* in maths! Applying for MORSE btw. Is it likely they could do this to MORSE applicants as well?
applying for History and Politics
Reply 779
I applied for Biology, the conditional is on the condition that I verify my grades and reference as I am an independent candidate. No doubt this will takes months to arrange based on the crappy secondary school.

Quick Reply

Latest