Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for Economics or do you know anyonw with an offer for econ?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by megaduck)
    This three week thing is nonsense. How on earth can they promise decisions within three weeks if they have to wait until after January 15th to know how many applicants they've got? Sounds to me like maybe there was a temp in or something who made a mistake, because if there really is a three week rule I'll eat my computer.

Well then you had better prepare to eat that computer because I sent the email to Hannah Ryall's email address; she's the Law School's undergraduate admissions assistant.

Besides, your point is invalid anyway because Law schools all over the country give out offers way before they know all the applicants that will apply by the 15th January deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Hey..I am thinking of applying to Warwick for LLB Law (M100).

However, at IGCSE level I got 6A*/As, 2Bs and a C. At AS Level I got ABBCD (out of which I am re-taking four modules to bring my C and D up to As) and I most probably will be predicted A*AAB at A2 Level.

Do you think these grades are good enough to apply? Because I just skimmed through this thread and saw pretty amazing grades!

I hope to send my application off by next week. Any advice will be appreciated

P.S. How is the night/social life at Warwick? I heard it was slightly dull...is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spain'93)
    P.S. How is the night/social life at Warwick? I heard it was slightly dull...is it?
    From what I could gather at the open day most freshers usually spend their evenings out on campus, though there are several bars/pubs/clubs, two (I think) cinemas and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting, so there's a fair amount of choice. One of the third years that I talked to said it's easy enough to go into Coventry or Leamington Spa and that there's a small range of clubs there, but in comparison to a city based uni it's probably quite quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie-rose)
    the offer is AAA and a B at AS (I've already got an A at AS in the subject i dropped though which was Eng Lit)

I'm doing Biology, Economics and Religious Studies.

How about you? Is Warwick your favourite atm?

yeah it is! well i got 4As and a B (trying to get that to an A) and im doing, economics, spanish, maths and further maths :P
    aaahh this is so stressful!!! i would love an offer but hey, we will see in time

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD I GOT AN OFFER!

Management

Conditional: 5555 on 2 semester Advanced Placement Exams (USA) and English Language Test.

To those who are still waiting...don't give up hope! Keep believing!!!

Kenny

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I've applied for Economics and Economic History way back on the 28th of September. I have offers already from UCL and Durham and have an interview with Cambridge. Basically, the 4 universities that I applied to other than Warwick have all atleast responded to my application with an acknowledgement (and then subsequent offers etc.). Warwick is the only university that hasn't even sent me an acknowledgement email yet.
    Should I call/email them or this is totally normal?

ReputationRep:
    Ring them up. You should at least have had an acknowledgement.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:I have applied for English Lit has anyone else who has applied for the same subject heard anything
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    has anyone else gotten a letter from warwick about attending a ucas open day?

P.S I have a conditonal offer from warwick for biomedical science:dance:

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Psychology! Sooo happy!

ReputationRep:
    Economics offer A*AAA
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jos10)
    Economics offer A*AAA
    Out of curiosity, what are your grades like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I thought you were going to say you had a Warwick offer then! :P:

ReputationRep:
    Warwick offers thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1451885

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 10 A* and an A in Eng Lang
    FSMQ:A
    ASs: Maths A ( 284 out of 300; C1:99, C2: 100, D1:85), Further Maths A (278 out of 300; FP1: 99, S1: 93, M1: 86), Chemistry A (278/300), Biology A (277/300) and Economics (192/200)
    A2 (Predicted): 5A*s
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jos10)
    GCSEs: 10 A* and an A in Eng Lang
    FSMQ:A
    ASs: Maths A ( 284 out of 300; C1:99, C2: 100, D1:85), Further Maths A (278 out of 300; FP1: 99, S1: 93, M1: 86), Chemistry A (278/300), Biology A (277/300) and Economics (192/200)
    A2 (Predicted): 5A*s
    I was about to tell you not to bother 'cos I'd stalked your posts and found out anyway. :p:
    Still, amazing grades! You're DEFINITELY getting into Cambridge! :top:

(Original post by calannra)
    I thought you were going to say you had a Warwick offer then! :P:
    Ahahaha, I wish! Though I'm now going to do my daily email check...
    Heard from Birmingham (or the admissions lady) yet?

ReputationRep:
    I was about to tell you not to bother 'cos I'd stalked your posts and found out anyway. :p:
    Still, amazing grades! You're DEFINITELY getting into Cambridge! :top:
    Thanks for the compliment, and I hope you are right
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    LAW OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woo: :woo:

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    LAW OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woo: :woo:

:eek3:
    congrats! When did u send UCAS, what are the conditions?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.