Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrigs)
    x
    I don't remember what it said on my acknowledgement.. Did you apply for economics as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)
    I don't remember what it said on my acknowledgement.. Did you apply for economics as well?
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of anyone who has recieved an offer for economics at Warwick? If so what was the offer? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impetuous2011)
    I submitted my application on the 30th of October and just received a conditional offer (38 IB) for N200 Management. I'm an international applicant, btw.
    congratulations! thats amazing! if you don't mind me asking.. what were your gcse grades?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MissPrecious..x)
    Does anyone know of anyone who has recieved an offer for economics at Warwick? If so what was the offer? x
    Quite a few people received Econ offers around 2 weeks back. The offer was A*AAA.

(Original post by mrigs)
    Congrats! what was your offer?
    Thanks.

AAAc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davott)
    BSc Management - N200

Anyone at the same talk as me today? One guy got told not too bother applying *cringe*
    hey im applying for the same course! if you dont mind me asking.. what were your gcse grades? i dont think mine are good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Power1)
    hey im applying for the same course! if you dont mind me asking.. what were your gcse grades? i dont think mine are good enough
    5 A*'s 8 A's. I got pretty lucky at GCSE.

You need:

A in Mathematics, B in English, plus at least five other A or B grades
    If you haven't got that, I wouldn't hold out for an offer. At the open day, they seemed pretty certain that if you don't have the grades/right subjects, you have a slim chance of getting an offer. Saying that, it's always worth applying if you get the A Level grades.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for SOCIOLOGY! aaahh so happy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same :cry2: I want them to like me soooo badly!!!! I applied in late September, but it's not looking great for before christmas now [/QUOTE]

omg, they have already started giving out offers....:eek: don't worry it's all in God's hands!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrigs)
    Congrats on getting the offer! What was your offer and what course did you apply for?
    Thank you!
    I applied for N200 Management on Oct 12th and got a conditional offer on Nov 18th. I'm an IB student, so they want 38 points with 5,5,5 at HL (unusually low, given a-levels is something like A,A,A) but I think that's their standard IB offer. But it's the only offer/reply i've received so far.
    What did you apply for? Something related? I applied for econ-related courses elsewhere, and was worried about this since i have no relevant work experience :s Good luck to you on getting your offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheng)
    Hey I've sent off my application on 15th sept but still haven't got any acknowledgement from Warwick. Hoping that it landed in the junk mail which i didn't check before it got deleted by itself after 10 days =S very worried though...
    same.

let me know if you hear anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigeon93)
    Thank you!
    I applied for N200 Management on Oct 12th and got a conditional offer on Nov 18th. I'm an IB student, so they want 38 points with 5,5,5 at HL (unusually low, given a-levels is something like A,A,A) but I think that's their standard IB offer. But it's the only offer/reply i've received so far.
    What did you apply for? Something related? I applied for econ-related courses elsewhere, and was worried about this since i have no relevant work experience :s Good luck to you on getting your offers!
    I'm applying for Economics.
    Did your personal statement contain stuff about both economics and management? I'm getting really nervous cuz I don't know how much importance they put on the personal statement and don't know wether mine was good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrigs)
    I'm applying for Economics.
    Did your personal statement contain stuff about both economics and management? I'm getting really nervous cuz I don't know how much importance they put on the personal statement and don't know wether mine was good enough.

Yeah. But I don't know how suitable it was for Warwick - I went on about econ when there really isn't that much of it in the n200 course. So i wouldn't worry too much. As long as you sound like an interesting, motivated person, and have good grades, then you have a good chance. I think I have some unique things in mine, but now when i reread it i don't particularly like it anymore. You've probably read yours a million times and think it sounds dull for this reason. That happens for most people i guess.

ReputationRep:
    congratulations! thats amazing! if you don't mind me asking.. what were your gcse grades?
    Well I do the IB and had a 42 predicted, which isn't amazing. I didn't do the GCSEs

I dp, however, have good SAT and 2 SAT subject scores. (I don't know if you know about the SAT, but I had a 2300 on the SAT and 800s on both subject tests.)I'm guessing this is why I got the decision in 2~4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I go an offer on the 24th. My GCSE grades weren't great. 3 A's , 4 B's a C a D and an F. Got an FSMQ for additional maths A in the same yr tho. Predicted A*AA and i'm also an international student so that might have played a factor.

I don't know if you would say if y personal statement was strong or not and we weren't allowed to read our reference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanLim93)
    I go an offer on the 24th. My GCSE grades weren't great. 3 A's , 4 B's a C a D and an F. Got an FSMQ for additional maths A in the same yr tho. Predicted A*AA and i'm also an international student so that might have played a factor.

I don't know if you would say if y personal statement was strong or not and we weren't allowed to read our reference
    my gcse's are 3a*s and 6a's and im a home student, everbodys getting offers- i really hope i get one soon! congratulations on yours, you must be so happy people say my personal statement is strong and im predicted A*AA and A in my fourth AS but still nothing all this waiting is killing me!! lol

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer for French & Italian Studies - 36 points overall with a 6 in HL French B.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing beyond an acknowledgment, so 'no news is good news' seems to have become my mantra of choice. But I'm very jealous of all of you who've received offers, but, bravely, I shall contain myself and wish you congratulations all the same. So: Congratulations! You deserve to be delighted and there's no doubt that you've got in!

ReputationRep:
    my gcse's are 3a*s and 6a's and im a home student, everbodys getting offers- i really hope i get one soon! congratulations on yours, you must be so happy people say my personal statement is strong and im predicted A*AA and A in my fourth AS but still nothing all this waiting is killing me!! lol
    you're bound to get one don't worry Compared to you i have no clue why they picked me :P probably cause of international fees :/ but yeah good luck with your offers

where else you're applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on 8th Dec... for MMORSE Excited but nervous at the same time!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.