Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davott)
    Primarily because it's easier to get on the Management course :P 30 places :eek3: no way :p:
    It's not easier to get into management. It's pretty much the same thing. Once you have an offer you can switch coures if you want to. The 30 places are just a guideline, not set in stone at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    Best of luck :hugs:
    Thanks. You too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fretter778)
    Thanks. You too!
    Thanks, need to make sure I get a 1st/2:1 this year, going to be tough :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    I was there too yesterday and am hoping to go for biochem- I see you are hoping to go for Sheffield, York and Nottingham....again same as me- they are all great places for biosciences
    Snap! Although I may swap Nottingham for Manchester since they do Biology with a Modern Language, which is a course I would prefer since as far as I know they don't even have optional language modules like Warwick has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I've only done two practice tests so far cos my PC messed up. When I get it working, I'll book mine cos then I can do practice tests galore! :woo:

Nope, aiming to send it off by the end of this week. You?
    ah ok then practise tests = fun fun fun...

No not yet, I've sent my bit to school but they haven't totally sent it off yet

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how this thread has been made before us 2010 applicants have even started. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pew-Pew)
    It's funny how this thread has been made before us 2010 applicants have even started. :p:
    :p: You should have seen how early the Cambridge one was made!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)
    Physics woooop!

I full on loved Warwick on the open day =) ah its so nice

Anyone else for physics?
    Yeah I'm applying for physics

ReputationRep:
    Primarily because it's easier to get on the Management course :P 30 places :eek3: no way :p:
    true enough!

why did some guy get told not to bother applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie-rose)
    true enough!

why did some guy get told not to bother applying?
    He didn't have a Science or Maths in his 3 A-Levels, so one of the course manager people told him it wouldn't be worth applying :P Whole theater was listening

ReputationRep:
    Joint Honours Physics and Maths!!

Does anyone know where to get the admission statistics from? Ive searched the website but couldnt find them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    Yeah I'm applying for physics
    Looked at your grades and they are good! Why are you not applying for Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    He didn't have a Science or Maths in his 3 A-Levels, so one of the course manager people told him it wouldn't be worth applying :P Whole theater was listening
    Ouch! Thank goodness I'm doing Biology ..although its not very mathsy :-S

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

French Studies (R120) over here!

Went to the Open Day yesterday, absolutely loved it. Wasn't as keen on the fact that in the talk the lady was saying about how because the department is so good they can afford to turn good people away. I can see a rejection coming my way.

Good luck to everyone who's applying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca :))
    It's not all about grades though! You might have other stuff which is better than mine!
    Atm I'm predicted somewhere between A*A*AA and A*A*A*A* - I genuinely don't know the maths because I can never find the person who wrote my reference to ask him, and in history they said that they're reluctant to predict anyone an A*
    hahaha at your last bit...nice to know where your attention was :P
    Yeah my school is reluctant to predict A*'s for ANYTHING or ANYONE
    What can I say, I was in that room/centre practically all day she was hard to miss!

I want to get mine sent of by next Monday, just a few changes to make still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)
    Physics woooop!

I full on loved Warwick on the open day =) ah its so nice

Anyone else for physics?
    Yay for physics, see you there :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    Yeah my school is reluctant to predict A*'s for ANYTHING or ANYONE
    What can I say, I was in that room/centre practically all day she was hard to miss!

I want to get mine sent of by next Monday, just a few changes to make still.
    That seems really unfair! If you stand a good chance of getting an A* then they should predict you it! I'm applying to Cambridge, so I had to be predicted at least one in something to stand a chance
    haha, and there I was thinking that it's just girls who spend their whole lives checking people out
    yeahh, I want mine to go asap!
    Where else are you applying?...if you've already posted this and I've missed it, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's pretty gay. I'm trying to get my History changed to an A* as I did get like 90%+ overall. Good luck with Cambridge, which college?
    Aha, nope I'm sure guys do it as much or more than girls
    I'm applying to UCL, KCL, Warwick, maybe Keele and then a safety choice of like ABB or lower. I'm worried about UCL and Kings though due to the LNAT, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troubled_Student)
    Yeah, it's pretty gay. I'm trying to get my History changed to an A* as I did get like 90%+ overall. Good luck with Cambridge, which college?
    Aha, nope I'm sure guys do it as much or more than girls
    I'm applying to UCL, KCL, Warwick, maybe Keele and then a safety choice of like ABB or lower. I'm worried about UCL and Kings though due to the LNAT, how about you?
    They should predict you an A* with over 90%! I'm working on getting an A* prediction with 84% haha My biology is under 90% and they're defo predicting me an A* but it was only my practical which brought me down to under 90 so I'm resitting that. Thank you I don't really expect an offer but it's worth a shot! I'm applying to Downing <3
    haha you'd be surprised at the constant rate that some of us do it :P
    That's cool I'm going for Cambridge, Durham, Nottingham, Warwick and Exeter so I don't really have an insurance I'm sure you'll be fine on lnat, I on the other hand am absolutely awful at it! The mcq questions are so ambiguous

ReputationRep:
    EPAIS/PPE applicants: Don't hesitate to PM any questions you might have :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.