Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoif_)
    European Law (French) offer for AAA - ecstatic!
    Congrats!! I'm a law applicant too
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Oh, come on Warwick. You've had my application nearly EIGHT weeks now.
    I think that they're going to wait until January to start making widespread offers/rejections. I know it's SO hard but try and relax.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tbh, if I didn't have an offer, I don't think that I would follow my own advice. BUT STILL: try and stay calm

ReputationRep:
    im applyin for electronic engineering . they are askin for ABB i think which i can only achive by re-sit . will they consider my application ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anradu)
    Congratulations! What course?

I'm waiting on Economics. Having read around it shant be too long before I hear. I just hope it isn't another rejection. Oxford was enough.
    hi, thanks, i applied for History and Sociology. Although i was literally lost for words considering the grades people apply with but im not complaining, lol. good luck with your application!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my conditional offer for the MSc in Marketing & Strategy

ReputationRep:
    How long do Warwick usually take to make offers/give out rejections? I've applied for Law in early October, thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Congrats!! I'm a law applicant too
    Thank you! Straight law? Good luck regardless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhea45)
    Hi there, I got my offer for law 6 weeks after I applied. I agree about the wait being nerve wracking!
    Hey! Thanks for letting me know. I'm getting a little less compulsive about checking my ucas and emails . Is Warwick your first choice? Where else did you apply to? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Straight law? Good luck regardless
    Yes, straight law My first love! :P Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Yes, straight law My first love! :P Where else did you apply?
    My friend's waiting on Warwick for straight law too I applied to Oxford, King's, UCL and Warwick (all fro Law with French Law) What about you?

ReputationRep:
    My friend's waiting on Warwick for straight law too I applied to Oxford, King's, UCL and Warwick (all fro Law with French Law) What about you?
    Tell him/her good luck :P

I applied to Cambridge (Pembroke), Warwick, Nottingham, Lancaster and UEA. I have offers from the last two and an interview at Cambridge next week - providing this snow doesn't stop me attending! On second thoughts.. might start walking there now...:cool: Anyway, all for straight law What are your GCSEs/ASs/ECs like btw, just for comparison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Tell him/her good luck :P

I applied to Cambridge (Pembroke), Warwick, Nottingham, Lancaster and UEA. I have offers from the last two and an interview at Cambridge next week - providing this snow doesn't stop me attending! On second thoughts.. might start walking there now...:cool: Anyway, all for straight law What are your GCSEs/ASs/ECs like btw, just for comparison
    I'll tell her! Nervous for your interview? I have my Oxford one next week and am excited but ever so slightly crying at the prospect :p: Walking sounds good though, might just get there in time!

I got 11 A*s at GSCE, AAAB at AS (Economics, English Combined, Politics and French - am resitting the B to increase my UMS in January so fingers crossed!). Predicted A*A*A*A for A2. The ECs I mentioned were basically Oxford summer school for Law, attending a seminar on 'JS Mills' harm principle', debating society at school, mock election 2010 debates and then work exp. at a solicitors including visits to Crown and Magistrates' Court. Good luck for your Cambridge interview

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell her! Nervous for your interview? I have my Oxford one next week and am excited but ever so slightly crying at the prospect :p: Walking sounds good though, might just get there in time!

I got 11 A*s at GSCE, AAAB at AS (Economics, English Combined, Politics and French - am resitting the B to increase my UMS in January so fingers crossed!). Predicted A*A*A*A for A2. The ECs I mentioned were basically Oxford summer school for Law, attending a seminar on 'JS Mills' harm principle', debating society at school, mock election 2010 debates and then work exp. at a solicitors including visits to Crown and Magistrates' Court. Good luck for your Cambridge interview
    You'll be fine! Good luck!! I'm now going down the day before my Cambridge Law Test to make sure I'm DEFINITELY there!

Oooh, what exam board do you do Politics with? I do G&P too <3 I got AAAB at AS and was 1 UMS off an A in English - completely gutted when I found that out! My academics are on my profile.

Good luck for your Oxford interview, let me know how it goes, I'm rooting for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    You'll be fine! Good luck!! I'm now going down the day before my Cambridge Law Test to make sure I'm DEFINITELY there!

Oooh, what exam board do you do Politics with? I do G&P too <3 I got AAAB at AS and was 1 UMS off an A in English - completely gutted when I found that out! My academics are on my profile.

Good luck for your Oxford interview, let me know how it goes, I'm rooting for you
    Thank you I'm sure you will too. I forgot about the Cambridge Law Test - so glad I just had to get the LNAT over and done with!

I do Politics with AQA - I really like it, it's so interesting Unlucky on the English, you'll get an A/A* easy though I can't believe you did that many GCSEs - absolute powerhouse!

And thanks! Let me know about your interview too, I'm sure it'll be great

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for a reply from the PAIS department....8 weeks en counting Gosh I'm ever so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Physics yesterday! Only sent my application off on Nov 15th so wasn't expecting such a swift response from Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TZaidi)
    Hey! Thanks for letting me know. I'm getting a little less compulsive about checking my ucas and emails . Is Warwick your first choice? Where else did you apply to? xxx
    I applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Exeter Though it isn't my first choice, I really like all of my choices and the offer is very reasonable What about you?
    Haha I understand the compulsive checking, I was guilty of it too :P

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is a good university.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me what the university is like? Good and bad points? I havent had a chance yet to visit the university.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono300)
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me what the university is like? Good and bad points? I havent had a chance yet to visit the university.
    Thanks.
    You might be better off asking a current student (here, perhaps?), but I visited on the open day, so I'll give my opinion

Given that I visited off the back of seeing Exeter (which is hilly and green), the campus is dull-looking. Very grey and 'blocky', if you care about aesthetics. It also seems a little out of the way (it's not actually in Warwick, as it's name would have you believe), as it's ~20 mins from Coventry and ~30 mins from Leamington Spa; howeveeer, there's a fair amount of things to do, as it's a very campus-orientated uni (multiple clubs, bars, a cinema, etc), and from what I was told first years don't really venture too far from the uni. I looked at one accomdation building, which looked like everywhere else I've seen, so I guess it's okay in that respect. The guy who did my campus tour said that it's fairly cheap to get a house in comparison to some other places (think he said about £100 less than living in Bristol), if money is a factor.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.