Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackpot)
    Cam (Catz), Warwick, Durham, York and Bristol. I had my interview on Tuesday, and I'm not really hopeful there either...but my lack of ANY offers at all is really starting to worry me! I'm terrified I'll get 5 rejections
    We have quite a few of the same unis- we may end up at uni together next year! Im sure the offers will start flowing in soon, Ive heard of people with Durham rejections so if they were gonna do that then you would have heard by now so dont worry. Im sure you'll be absolutely fine if you have Cambridge level grades x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    We have quite a few of the same unis- we may end up at uni together next year! Im sure the offers will start flowing in soon, Ive heard of people with Durham rejections so if they were gonna do that then you would have heard by now so dont worry. Im sure you'll be absolutely fine if you have Cambridge level grades x
    Oh really?! Where are you applying then? Well, I'm predicted 5 A*s, and have 5 As at AS, but my problem is that I'm a third year student 'cause last year I was having panic attacks, migraines and fainting in the summer exams. So my grades last year were only AABXX (X meaning I didn't sit them), so I'm really worried that, even though it was due to illness, that'll count against me.

ReputationRep:
    Cam (Catz), Warwick, Durham, York and Bristol. I had my interview on Tuesday, and I'm not really hopeful there either...but my lack of ANY offers at all is really starting to worry me! I'm terrified I'll get 5 rejections
    I know how you feel. But keep heart, anway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really?! Where are you applying then? Well, I'm predicted 5 A*s, and have 5 As at AS, but my problem is that I'm a third year student 'cause last year I was having panic attacks, migraines and fainting in the summer exams. So my grades last year were only AABXX (X meaning I didn't sit them), so I'm really worried that, even though it was due to illness, that'll count against me.
    I doubt it, I suffer from M.E (chronic fatigue) and had awful AS grades and this has been taken into account and I dont think its affected me negatively with my other unis. For Cam im a CSAS applicant which I presume you are too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    I doubt it, I suffer from M.E (chronic fatigue) and had awful AS grades and this has been taken into account and I dont think its affected me negatively with my other unis. For Cam im a CSAS applicant which I presume you are too?
    Really? Ah it's nice to find someone in a similar situation Yes I am a CSAS applicant...do you think it'll help us? I keep hearing people say the CSAS will help you get to interview, but not beyond that...which sounds stupid really 'cause it kind of contradicts the point of the scheme!!
    Mmm, well I didn't think it would have made any difference, but I seem to be pretty much the only person who applied for the 15th Oct deadline, who hasn't heard from ANY unis! Good luck in your applications anyway! Especially Camb, just got to cross our fingers 'til the 5th Jan!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick have given me offers for two courses One for Politics and one for Politics with International Studies. They are both conditional on me only having to attain a grade 'B' in any AS level excluding GS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Handy)
    Warwick have given me offers for two courses One for Politics and one for Politics with International Studies. They are both conditional on me only having to attain a grade 'B' in any AS level excluding GS.
    That's an odd offer, why an AS? And how did you apply for two courses? I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    That's an odd offer, why an AS? And how did you apply for two courses? I'm confused
    I'm on a year of reapplication because I got better than predicted grades and I also didn't have the money to go last year. I've already got my A2 levels (A*AB) so they just want an AS to bolster my ucas points probably (looks good for them )

Applying for two courses at the same uni is done in the same way as applying for any other course and is usually only a good idea if the courses are VERY similar.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a year of reapplication because I got better than predicted grades and I also didn't have the money to go last year. I've already got my A2 levels (A*AB) so they just want an AS to bolster my ucas points probably (looks good for them )

Applying for two courses at the same uni is done in the same way as applying for any other course and is usually only a good idea if the courses are VERY similar.
    Ah I see, well congratulations on your two offers!

ReputationRep:
    Really? Ah it's nice to find someone in a similar situation Yes I am a CSAS applicant...do you think it'll help us? I keep hearing people say the CSAS will help you get to interview, but not beyond that...which sounds stupid really 'cause it kind of contradicts the point of the scheme!!
    Mmm, well I didn't think it would have made any difference, but I seem to be pretty much the only person who applied for the 15th Oct deadline, who hasn't heard from ANY unis! Good luck in your applications anyway! Especially Camb, just got to cross our fingers 'til the 5th Jan!
    I have no idea how it helps us, Ive heard people say if we did get an offer and miss it theres sometimes more leeway with being accepted but I have no idea how accurate that is... I suppose helping us to get an interview is better than nothing Ahh Jan 5th is gonna be soooo scary... is that when theyre sent out or when we recieve them? Either way... argh!

Hopefully see you there next year

ReputationRep:
    :eek: when did you get those?!
    *sobs*
    Congratulations though

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take people to receive a email of acknowledgement from Warwick. In addition, will visiting the universities aid my application?

However, I am not an A level student like most of u people; I am a mature student but I have received distinctions in all my Politics assignments and merits in Sociology and Economics so far but am confident I will finish distinctions in them too. Overall I am very confident but the silence makes me nervous. I sent the application on the 2nd of December and received and acknowledgement on the 12th from Warwick and York. People on here are saying that they have offers but i have nothing yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawza)
    How long did it take people to receive a email of acknowledgement from Warwick. In addition, will visiting the universities aid my application?
    Only from a personal point of view - it'll help give you a feel for the place, otherwise you could be committing yourself to studying somewhere for three years that you've never seen before. It's a very good idea to see the university before firming it, you might not like it!

(Original post by Yawza)
    However, I am not an A level student like most of u people; I am a mature student but I have received distinctions in all my Politics assignments and merits in Sociology and Economics so far but am confident I will finish distinctions in them too. Overall I am very confident but the silence makes me nervous. I sent the application on the 2nd of December and received and acknowledgement on the 12th from Warwick and York. People on here are saying that they have offers but i have nothing yet.
    Don't compare yourself to people on here, especially as you're a mature student - the application process is likely to be different for you. I don't know about Warwick in particular, but most unis state that they interview mature students but not A level students, so it may take a while for you to hear anything. Them being silent is not an indication of a rejection or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    Only from a personal point of view - it'll help give you a feel for the place, otherwise you could be committing yourself to studying somewhere for three years that you've never seen before. It's a very good idea to see the university before firming it, you might not like it!

Don't compare yourself to people on here, especially as you're a mature student - the application process is likely to be different for you. I don't know about Warwick in particular, but most unis state that they interview mature students but not A level students, so it may take a while for you to hear anything. Them being silent is not an indication of a rejection or anything
    What A level grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    HHMMM. Thanks V. I would not really mind them interviewing me. I am applying to read a PPE degree. I really have good reasons why am applying. I have done work experience in Ghana and my Uncle works for the UN. I believe that I am considered a mature student as I will be 22 when that academic year begins. Nevertheless, God I am nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    What A level grades did you get?
    Um. A*A*Ab. Can I ask why you wanted to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broadwayrachael)
    :eek: when did you get those?!
    *sobs*
    Congratulations though
    I got them through a few days ago. Thanks
    What have you applied for if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I got them through a few days ago. Thanks
    What have you applied for if you don't mind me asking?
    I've applied for PAIS too - I'm also post A Level well, well done! Hopefully something is on the way for me.. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for History and Politics, has anyone else?

And im really getting worried i havent had an offer yet, my application was sent off for the oxbridge deadline in october!

Anybody for a history related course had offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckylucifer)
    I'm applying for Economics L100
    Have you got Alevel in maths?? If so What grade

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.