The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by alexx :)
What we were told when we were there is they just wanted to meet us and get to know us and basically force us to visit the uni. They want everyone to see around so that it can help you better to make the decision if Warwick is for you. That's what I was told anyway. My "interview" was basically a chat with one of the professors, :smile:

Guess I got to wait for an interview then! I wonder why it's only (M)MORSE that ask for this...
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1241
Original post by cazzy-joe
Have you got decisions from both courses????

No, still waiting for a decision for MMORSE :frown:. Maths and Economics on the other hand, I received an offer of A*A*A + 2/Dist. in STEP/AEA
Original post by Ree69
I applied to Warwick twice actually, already got a hideous offer for Maths and Econ (A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Disctincion in AEA or A*AA + 1 in STEP). I really would prefer (M)MORSE though...

The MORSE interview is just to check you aren't a mass murderer. Unless it's changed there are no academic questions. I was under the impression that almost everyone who gets an interview gets an offer, but maybe that's because I don't think they asked enough at interview stage to make a decision on.

If by chance you don't get a MORSE offer, well, you can do almost every module you would be able to do on a MORSE degree as part of your Maths and Econ degree. Warwick is pretty nice and flexible with optional modules. And I think it would be pretty easy for you to transfer, too.
Anyone heard for Economics, Politics and International Studies? (LL12) Still waiting here...
Reply 1244
Original post by gareth92
Well done! I haven't heard anything...when did you send off your ucas?

i sent off my UCAS on the 9th NOV:smile:
Chemical Biology applicant :biggrin:
Reply 1246
Hold on tight, it's worth the wait.
Reply 1247
Original post by Kidms001
Chemical Biology applicant :biggrin:

Yay! Another one! :biggrin:
Original post by Tazhall
Yay! Another one! :biggrin:

:biggrin:

This git seems to be neg repping us all of a sudden. Good thing I know who it is :ninja: .. How many other people have applied on here I wonder? :rolleyes:
Reply 1249
Original post by Kidms001
:biggrin:

This git seems to be neg repping us all of a sudden. Good thing I know who it is :ninja: .. How many other people have applied on here I wonder? :rolleyes:

Haha, That's a bit odd. Well I'm a vet applicant really but chem-bio is my backup, quite pleased as they gave me an offer and I wasn't really expecting anything... :redface:
Reply 1250
Original post by Sarah38

Original post by Sarah38
Got an offer for philosophy and lit, AAB with a b at AS :smile:
Very excited, going for an open day in Jan
Though I don't think I've seen anyone applying for the same course, ah well maybe I'm the only applicant :smile:

Hey congrats on your offer!!! i got an offer for phil lit too, I'm really excited as well!!! lol you're not the only applicant don't worry! I thought that too until I saw your post! I think I'm going to go for an open day in March. :biggrin:
Reply 1251
Original post by Hayfa_01
Hey congrats on your offer!!! i got an offer for phil lit too, I'm really excited as well!!! lol you're not the only applicant don't worry! I thought that too until I saw your post! I think I'm going to go for an open day in March. :biggrin:

Oh, its nice to know I'm not alone! :smile: I'm going for an open day later this month, I have seen the uni before, but it gives me another day school :smile: Congrats on your offer too! What were the grades you were asked for?
(edited 13 years ago)
I got an offer from Warwick last year but didn't meet it.

Would anybody know if I have a significantly worse chance of getting an offer this year?
History V100 - fell in love with the Italian aspect of the course. :redface:
Reply 1254
Original post by exo-politics
History V100 - fell in love with the Italian aspect of the course. :redface:

When we did Italian History at school, that was so interesting, I loved it!:smile:

Is Warwick your first choice?
Original post by Sappho
When we did Italian History at school, that was so interesting, I loved it!:smile:

Is Warwick your first choice?

Not entirely sure. Mainly because I'm waiting to hear from Cambridge. :confused: But I do love this part of the course. :smile:
Reply 1256
Not entirely sure. Mainly because I'm waiting to hear from Cambridge. :confused: But I do love this part of the course. :smile:

Oh, good luck then!!! You should hear soon, shouldn't you? I wish you very good nerves for the next days, I know what it's like, I applied to Oxford:wink:
Original post by Sappho
Oh, good luck then!!! You should hear soon, shouldn't you? I wish you very good nerves for the next days, I know what it's like, I applied to Oxford:wink:

Argh - thank you! How did you get on?
Reply 1258
Argh - thank you! How did you get on?

I'm still alive:smile:
No, jokes aside, I'm really not bad. It's a pity, of course, and I'd have absolutely loved to go there. Also, I feel a bit lost and don't really know where else to go now.

But everybody telling me I shouldn't worry too much and stuff is really worse. I already had the impression I should feel sorry because I didn't cry and sit desperately in some corner...

My life goes on, and a number of people help me find the best alternative, which is very reassuring.
Just got an offer!! :nutcase:
AAB for Chemistry (F105)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending