Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawza)
    Very good argument actually, on the other hand, one must admit also that St. Andrews excellent academically also; especially in the Politics and Economics field.

Don't get me wrong I love Warwick it is my first choice, lol, but I don’t like to be bias just because I am applying there.

Whatever uni I go to I am not walking out without a first, mark my words.
    haha I like your attitude!!

ReputationRep:
    Have any applicants for English heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukuni)
    haha I like your attitude!!
    Thanks good luck with your studies.

Plus my friend whom I am setting up my forum with just graduated from UCL with a 1st in Chemistry and Maths. If I get less than him he will never let it go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawza)
    Thanks good luck with your studies.

Plus my friend whom I am setting up my forum with just graduated from UCL with a 1st in Chemistry and Maths. If I get less than him he will never let it go.
    well, you'll just have to prove him wrong, won't you

ReputationRep:
    Come on Warwick, just put me out of my misery!

It's been nearly 3 months since they acknowledged me :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offer for PPE :groovy: I'm thrilled!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukuni)
    The QS world ranking based on employer reviews ranks warwick 15th in the world!!! St andrews is ranked 36...
    http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...mployer-review
    and Manchester is ranked 5th in the world (employer review)
    above MIT, Stanford and Yale, Imperial and UCL :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totti10)
    Unconditional offer for PPE :groovy: I'm thrilled!!
    Well done! How did you manage that? It's so rare, you on gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dude!! Yes I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howellsy)
    Same as me in each sense. Where abouts do you think you would study abroad?
    Hmm, probably Hong Kong is number one (but could be pretty expensive), and then the two american unis. Im not too sure about the eastern bloc exchanges, dont sound quite as attractive!

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaduck)
    That's a bit of a bummer about your tough WBS offer ough789, although to be fair the prospectus does say offers are A*AA-AAAb, and on this page -

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/unde...e/apply/entry/

under the A and AS levels bit it does say to avoid overlapping subjects and gives Economics and Business Studies as an example. Do you have other offers? If so, given that you really want to go to Warwick why not pick the Warwick offer as your firm and have a safe insurance?

To those worrying about the time your reply is taking - don't worry. I think I've said on here before, my partner works there and they are crazy busy at the moment, but if you haven't heard it doesn't mean you'll get rejected.

Hey ukini. Pick Warwick!! Its overall reputation is brilliant. I wouldn't worry about the course ranking, sometimes a tiny thing can affect that. There are many positive comments from Warwick Psychology students on TSR. Also, Warwick is one of the most-targeted unis by employers, so regardless of what you're studying, going to Warwick will be a massive plus on your CV.
    if their offers are A*AA-AAAB, how come they're giving out offers for A*AAA? that's just too high... even cambridge standard offers are A*AA. For some people warwick wants A for further math

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received an offer for PPE at Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k15h91)
    Anyone received an offer for PPE at Warwick?
    No, still waiting! Have you got offers for PPE anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shyam Devani)
    No, still waiting! Have you got offers for PPE anywhere?
    Only applied for PPE at Warwick. Econ & Pols elsewhere.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    PPE at warwick, durham and york. Econ and politics/govt at LSE and birmingham, no offers as of yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shyam Devani)
    PPE at warwick, durham and york. Econ and politics/govt at LSE and birmingham, no offers as of yet!
    What were your grades last year/GCSE and Predicted?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ough789)
    A warning to all those applying to WBS. I got an offer for management but the terms of my offer is quite harsh.

If you do Business Studies and Economics at A-level and if you do 4 subjects, they will offer AAAb including Business OR Economic NOT BOTH! OR they will offer A*AAb in any subject combination.

I don't know what happens to people offering 3 subjects with Business and economics.....

the fact that they did not say this on their website infuriates me! I would not have made an application if this was the case. Now I am stuck in a tricky position. I really want to go here, but doesnt seem likely now....
    Give an extra subject in the May session...and hope and pray that you get good results!
    Congrats on the offer in any case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawza)
    Oh you from India, the deadline dates for you guys are absolutely mad but yeah I hope we both get offers. In first year I am planning to set up a forum to facilitate trade between Africa and Asia.

I have started buying domains and building contacts now, so it would be nice to meet you if we both get in. Good luck my friend.
    Sounds interesting...best of luck to you as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiny Happy Person)
    Hmm, probably Hong Kong is number one (but could be pretty expensive), and then the two american unis. Im not too sure about the eastern bloc exchanges, dont sound quite as attractive!

What about you?
    Either Warsaw or Utrecht. I know the idea of the eastern bloc exchange might not sound appealing, but the Netherlands would be interesting and Warsaw looks amazing. Hong Kong could be a smart option, given that everyone sees China as an emerging, influential country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aradhu)
    Give an extra subject in the May session...and hope and pray that you get good results!
    Congrats on the offer in any case.
    Thanks, I am going to go for the A*AAb offer and gonna work my butt off to get that A* in maths or business.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.