Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheng)
    if their offers are A*AA-AAAB, how come they're giving out offers for A*AAA? that's just too high... even cambridge standard offers are A*AA. For some people warwick wants A for further math
    no, NORMALLY it's A*AA for those doing three subjects only and no 4th AS.

and AAA + B grade at AS level for those doing 3+ subjects with a 4th AS level.

Although when I say "normally", it can change for some people. like me! I got an A*AA + B at AS level offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k15h91)
    What were your grades last year/GCSE and Predicted?

Good luck!
    GCSE's werent great, 5A*s, 3A's, 2B's. Predicted 42points for IB. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shyam Devani)
    GCSE's werent great, 5A*s, 3A's, 2B's. Predicted 42points for IB. How about you?
    GCSEs: 5A* 6As

Predicted: A*A*AA

Same as you for LSE and Birmingham by the way

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 5A* 6As

Predicted: A*A*AA

Same as you for LSE and Birmingham by the way
    Good luck! Hope we hear soon, the wait is hell!

ReputationRep:
    what offers did people get into warwick for Mathematics and economics?

they want A*AA and A in FurtherMaths AS from me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ough789)
    no, NORMALLY it's A*AA for those doing three subjects only and no 4th AS.

and AAA + B grade at AS level for those doing 3+ subjects with a 4th AS level.

Although when I say "normally", it can change for some people. like me! I got an A*AA + B at AS level offer.
    Just to clarify what were your predicted Grades and what subjects do you do? Just helps give us some idea of why they have done this as it seems quite unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdaco6)
    Just to clarify what were your predicted Grades and what subjects do you do? Just helps give us some idea of why they have done this as it seems quite unfair.
    I believe it only applies to those who do subjects that overlap. I do 4 subjects, Business Studies, Economics, Maths and Politics. Predicted AAAB respectively. Initially they gave me an offer of AAAb but I could only include Business Studies or Economics, not both. This would leave me with AABb which doesn't make sense as to why they gave me an offer in the first place if I couldn't achieve it!
    So after phone calls and emails, they changed it to A*AAb in any combination. It is only slightly better.
    But it annoys me that they didn't say anything about this policy on their website. If they had, I don't think I would have applied.

Now I need a good safe insurance....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totti10)
    Unconditional offer for PPE :groovy: I'm thrilled!!
    What are your predicted grades mate and in what subject ?

I am jealous but well done, I think I have not received an offered yet because I don’t have a maths As.

What are your predicted grades mate and in what subjects?

ReputationRep:
    I believe it only applies to those who do subjects that overlap. I do 4 subjects, Business Studies, Economics, Maths and Politics. Predicted AAAB respectively. Initially they gave me an offer of AAAb but I could only include Business Studies or Economics, not both. This would leave me with AABb which doesn't make sense as to why they gave me an offer in the first place if I couldn't achieve it!
    So after phone calls and emails, they changed it to A*AAb in any combination. It is only slightly better.
    But it annoys me that they didn't say anything about this policy on their website. If they had, I don't think I would have applied.

Now I need a good safe insurance....
    I see, sounds a bit harsh. I do Business and Economics and I only do 3 Subjects, sounds like I have no chance. It's silly they don't take your additional A level into consideration though, e.g. there condition could be AAABb! What is your AS in?

ReputationRep:
    I see, sounds a bit harsh. I do Business and Economics and I only do 3 Subjects, sounds like I have no chance. It's silly they don't take your additional A level into consideration though, e.g. there condition could be AAABb! What is your AS in?
    no, I only do 4 subjects but if I "cash in" my Politics units 1 and 2 then I get an overall grade B at AS level. It's just that I am taking onto A2. and assuming I can get A*AA in Economics, Business Studies and Maths, then I'm in! (Sounds easy doesn't it? XD

and don't worry, I think if you do get an offer it will be A*AAb. They said that was their "policy". What are you're GCSE/AS & predictions?

ReputationRep:
    no, I only do 4 subjects but if I "cash in" my Politics units 1 and 2 then I get an overall grade B at AS level. It's just that I am taking onto A2. and assuming I can get A*AA in Economics, Business Studies and Maths, then I'm in! (Sounds easy doesn't it? XD

and don't worry, I think if you do get an offer it will be A*AAb. They said that was their "policy". What are you're GCSE/AS & predictions?
    Congratulations for the offer. Sorry but what subject was this?

ReputationRep:

I am with you, sorry about that! My goodness that's a high offer!! I am sure you can push for an A* in Business to complete your offer

To be honest I am not expecting an offer from Warwick as I don't have a Mixed portfolio as they call it or the additional b in a suitable subject, no harm in trying though.

I do Business Studies, Economics and History at A level predicted AAA

For AS I did Maths (E), Physics (D) and General Studies (A)

GCSE'S Geography (A*) History (A*) Business Studies (A*) ICT (A*) Physics (A) Chemistry (A) Maths (A) English (B) English Lit (B)

ReputationRep:
    I am with you, sorry about that! My goodness that's a high offer!! I am sure you can push for an A* in Business to complete your offer

To be honest I am not expecting an offer from Warwick as I don't have a Mixed portfolio as they call it or the additional b in a suitable subject, no harm in trying though.

GCSE'S Geography (A*) History (A*) Business Studies (A*) ICT (A*) Physics (A) Chemistry (A) Maths (A) English (B) English Lit (B)
    Which course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations for the offer. Sorry but what subject was this?
    management

ReputationRep:
    Which course have you applied for?
    N200 Management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Wassup y'all

This is a thread for all of you applying to the ridiculously competitive Warwick in 2010 (for 2011 entry or deferred 2012 entry).

Name your course and subject and chatter away...

I'm applying for English (Q300)
    im applying for IR

ReputationRep:

I got similar GCSE grades as you. Did you tell them your AS results? or did you just put "pending"? I think you have a pretty good chance. just be prepared for an A*AAb offer. Also, do you have a B grade in AS?

ReputationRep:
    I got similar GCSE grades as you. Did you tell them your AS results? or did you just put "pending"? I think you have a pretty good chance. just be prepared for an A*AAb offer. Also, do you have a B grade in AS?
    Not sure what was the best one to do but we were told to put "pending" instead of stateing the grades. The disadvantage of this however does mean they will assume I am still doing those subjects, so could get a better grade than expected. Unfortunatly that's why I doubt I will get an offer I do not have a B grade or above in a separate AS aside from the Excluded GS.

Best of luck with A levels and stuff m8! I am sure you will be able to meet their offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howellsy)
    Either Warsaw or Utrecht. I know the idea of the eastern bloc exchange might not sound appealing, but the Netherlands would be interesting and Warsaw looks amazing. Hong Kong could be a smart option, given that everyone sees China as an emerging, influential country.
    Yeah, hong Kong did seem like a good choice because of that, and Im sure its a wonderful place. Not sure how im gonna cope with the food difference and accomodation. Do we get given a place in their halls whilst abroad?

ReputationRep:
    Accepted to Law today! Yaaaaaay!

Already completed A-levels in UK:
    AAAb

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.