Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by Pie257

Original post by Pie257
I received an offer on the 22nd December for French and History, but have yet to be sent any information about post application open days or any general extra info. I'm a bit worried because I haven't visited Warwick yet, does anyone have any information on when the offer holder open day is, or is there not one?? :confused:

I have applied to study History and sociology at Warick but i havent heard back yet... They sent me an email saying that they where waiting until they had all the aplications in, its not looking good haha, although i have heard stories of people not recieving their offer till late april!
There should deffinatly be day... you can always just go and visit yourself?, It is really nice there!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Pie257
I received an offer on the 22nd December for French and History, but have yet to be sent any information about post application open days or any general extra info. I'm a bit worried because I haven't visited Warwick yet, does anyone have any information on when the offer holder open day is, or is there not one?? :confused:

Ooh, I'm French and History as well :smile:
Did you get an email confirming your offer? Because there's a link at the bottom of that for signing up for open days. I didn't notice it for about 2 weeks! If not then I'm sure the email will come soon!
Reply 1422
Original post by skygirl999
I was also wondering about this? I got an offer for psychology a while ago for Warwick, but yet have to recieve an information pack or something from them like I have recieved from other unis?

I got this e-mail on Tuesday:

Following our offer to you of a place in the Dept of Classics and Ancient History at Warwick, which you have received from UCAS, along with an invitation to visit us on one of our Open Day’s in the department. Details of the programme follow below.
Please fill in the online booking form to confirm your attendance at one of the open days. You have a choice of 3 dates Wednesday 2 February, Wednesday 23rd February or Wednesday 9th March:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/classics/admissions/opendays/booking/
***Please would you also email the Dept Secretary on [email protected]
to indicate whether or not you intend to come to an Open Day.***
Programme:
The Open Day will introduce you to the Department and give you a taste of our courses. It includes the following:

Introduction about the distinctiveness of our degree programmes and the student experience in our department

Tour of campus by current Classics students for prospective students

Q & A with Head of Department, for parents

A break for lunch, with an opportunity to sample the cafe cuisine on campus

Three mini-lectures by current members of staff as a taster of the teaching and research of the Dept.

Opportunity to meet individually with members of staff who will be pleased to answer any remaining questions you might like to pose.

Reply 1423

Original post by TomU
There are two competing schools of thought on this:

1 - Employers would prefer you to do straight law, as it shows that you are focussed and passionate about law and that you clearly want to pursue a legal career. Doing a combined honours degree does not show the same level of committment to law.

2 - Doing a combined honours degree is desirable as it sets you out from the crowd and gives you a more broad education, which others may lack. You might be able to prove your committment to law through other avenues (vac schemes, law soc stuff, other work experience etc)

Take your pick. Good luck :smile: I've still not heard from Warwick for straight law and I sent my application on the 15th October :frown:

if u were me would u choose the BA law @ warwick, or LLB @ Manchester or Leeds? (I got offers from both uni)
gd luck to u!
Reply 1424
applied for law at warwick! it's my first choice so i really hope that i get an offer soon! :biggrin:
Reply 1425
Original post by TY1234
if u were me would u choose the BA law @ warwick, or LLB @ Manchester or Leeds? (I got offers from both uni)
gd luck to u!

I can't comment on the course, but Warwick is the best uni of the three, imo.
Reply 1426
Original post by Butterfly.
Ooh, I'm French and History as well :smile:
Did you get an email confirming your offer? Because there's a link at the bottom of that for signing up for open days. I didn't notice it for about 2 weeks! If not then I'm sure the email will come soon!

Original post by Mabie.
I have applied to study History and sociology at Warick but i havent heard back yet... They sent me an email saying that they where waiting until they had all the aplications in, its not looking good haha, although i have heard stories of people not recieving their offer till late april!
There should deffinatly be day... you can always just go and visit yourself?, It is really nice there!

I haven't had an email confiming my offer either, ahhh now I'm worried :afraid: thanks for replying :smile:
Original post by eshika
nope i haven't received anything yet :s-smilie: its a little scary because warwicks my first choice. They have given a few good offers this year so we might be lucky :smile:

hey again fellow film studies applicant. had any offers yet ?
Warwick only confirm offers by email, they don't send a pack. For most courses the offer email will have a link in it to sign up to a visit day (or if not, it will say that the department will get in touch with you soon)
Reply 1429
Original post by Jono300
I got an offer for biological sciences!!! :biggrin: :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin:

Original post by Waqar Y
Got an offer for Biological Sciences, ABB :smile:

Me too! Where else have you guys applied?
Reply 1430
Original post by Andreamtb
hey again fellow film studies applicant. had any offers yet ?

Haha I dreamt about getting an offer last night, so this morning i was pretty excited and checked my mail. But ofcourse- nothing -__-
This is beginning to worry me. :frown:
Have you heard back??
Reply 1431
Original post by joeethompson

It depends really, I'm waiting on a decision from ULIP and Kings, they're my two first choice, but if they both reject me, warwick will be my first choice.. you?
I'm also waiting on Kings, this reassures me :smile: I've had an offer from Nottingham so if I get the offer from Kings I'll have to decide between those two and Warwick. Hopeless with decisions!
Original post by eshika
Haha I dreamt about getting an offer last night, so this morning i was pretty excited and checked my mail. But ofcourse- nothing -__-
This is beginning to worry me. :frown:
Have you heard back??

Haha bummer !. Nope nothing . I got an acknowledgment but that's it. Ufff wish they'd hurry up lol !!
Original post by akhaliq
Me too! Where else have you guys applied?

Coventry, Wolverhampton and Aston.

I'm undecided on either firming Aston or Warwick, because I thought warwick would have given me a AAB offer, but they gave me the same as Aston - both has advantages.

Aston

I live 10 minutes away from it
Good with Employers
Good Life and health science department

Warwick

I'd have to travel on the train and wake up early
But.. has a better reputation worldwide I think.
Pretty much speaks for itself
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Waqar Y
Coventry, Wolverhampton and Aston.

I'm undecided on either firming Aston or Warwick, because I thought warwick would have given me a AAB offer, but they gave me the same as Aston - both has advantages.

Aston

I live 10 minutes away from it
Good with Employers
Good Life and health science department

Warwick

I'd have to travel on the train and wake up early
But.. has a better reputation worldwide I think.
Pretty much speaks for itself

Warwick has an undoubtedly better international reputation, and of course it is a Russell group university, which always goes down well with employers! For the sake of waking up early, I would choose Warwick a million times over.#

However, it's really about the course - which do you prefer? This is what you should base your decision on at the end of the day, especially since I assume you'll be living at home rather than on campus :smile:
Any Biomedical Applicants got an offer yet?

Thats the only University I'm waiting to hear back from.
Original post by broadwayrachael
Warwick has an undoubtedly better international reputation, and of course it is a Russell group university, which always goes down well with employers! For the sake of waking up early, I would choose Warwick a million times over.#

However, it's really about the course - which do you prefer? This is what you should base your decision on at the end of the day, especially since I assume you'll be living at home rather than on campus :smile:

Yeah, I'm going to the open day for Aston, and waiting for an invite for the one from Warwick - I'll choose the one I feel is better suited. :P
Original post by Waqar Y
Yeah, I'm going to the open day for Aston, and waiting for an invite for the one from Warwick - I'll choose the one I feel is better suited. :P

Good plan :smile:
Original post by Howellsy
I'd think so, I wouldn't expect someone on an exchange to manage to get private accomodation. I'm not too bothered about a difference in accomodation, food slightly, but then I'm up for trying new things.

Yeah, I guess that does make sense, and Im sure it wont be too much of a culture shock! Good to see soo many fellow law applicants!

Any other people going for law at warwick? :smile:
Reply 1439
Ive applied for History and Politcs but heard nothing yet :frown: has anybody else had offers for his/pol or just history? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest