• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Why not!?
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :eek3:

Explain yourself, boy!
    Well I was told that applying to two unis that want A*AA was a really big gamble since I don't have at least 2 A's as AS (even though the school caused part of it :mad: ) Plus I was in two minds about applying to Warwick, so chosen York instead which I think I will really enjoy if I got a place! Plus, they don't ask for STEP

(Original post by Focus08)
    Only one COWI uni?
    Yh, as Imperial want A*A*A (Which I'll probably won't get :o: ) and Warwick was in two minds about. But confident with my uni choices now. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    Well, I just did much better than I expected in geography and biology I guess! Thank you though! Yours are pretty impressive yourself!

When did you take D1? I took it in January last year and I remember thinking 'this is nothing like the past papers'
    Yeah I did it in Jan too, the praactise papers went so well for me I was getting like >95% and the actual exam was just so different.
    D2 is definately worse eurgh, don't ever do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    Yeah I did it in Jan too, the praactise papers went so well for me I was getting like >95% and the actual exam was just so different.
    D2 is definitely worse eurgh, don't ever do it!
    The computing question at the end completely threw me! I ended up nearly running out of time which had never happened before! I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles!

I'm not planning to... I'm taking M3 instead, although god knows why!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The computing question at the end completely threw me! I ended up nearly running out of time which had never happened before! I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles!

I'm not planning to... I'm taking M3 instead, although god knows why!

I'm doing FM AS and I hate S1 so much that I'm contemplating switchig S1 for M3 and just self-teaching at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I'm doing FM AS and I hate S1 so much that I'm contemplating switchig S1 for M3 and just self-teaching at home.
    I hated S1 at first but it does make for easy UMS gathering, it's so very number pluggy! It got a lot better for me after probability, but then, I just don't like it that much!

If you do decide to do M3, I'd advise asking your school if they can get you a tutor through the further maths network, they'll tutor you once a fortnight I think on M3 through the internet, so webcam, tablet and microphone, which is what my school have set up for me this year to do M3.

ReputationRep:
    I hated S1 at first but it does make for easy UMS gathering, it's so very number pluggy! It got a lot better for me after probability, but then, I just don't like it that much!

If you do decide to do M3, I'd advise asking your school if they can get you a tutor through the further maths network, they'll tutor you once a fortnight I think on M3 through the internet, so webcam, tablet and microphone, which is what my school have set up for me this year to do M3.
    Im doing M3 and S1 at the moment and totally agree, I hate S1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Im doing M3 and S1 at the moment and totally agree, I hate S1.
    I start M3 next week, actually quite scared as I've not finished M2 yet
    Oh well, I'm sure I'll live :p: S1 does get better (or you get used to how mind-numbing it is)

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting S3 after the January modules. Going to be tough

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for Law and Business

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Law (with studies abroad in English)

^Not expecting to get it, but I'd rather try seeing as they consider you for the ordinary 3-year Law course as well.

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science (G400)
    Anyone else doing it?

ReputationRep:
    ^^^

Yep me

Theres a whole thread of us here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1388259

ReputationRep:
    Everyone hates S1, but I loved it lol... I want to do S3 instead of M2
    M1 itself is killing me right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racshot65)
    ^^^

Yep me

Theres a whole thread of us here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1388259
    Thanks man.

ReputationRep:
    Law & Sociology ABB
    So Desperate to get an offer :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for PPE as well? Pleaaaaase guys

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I sent off my application a couple of days ago for physics or maths and physics Not too sure about the A* they want for maths & physics though :/ Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    I'm possibly applying. I'm not sure - I went to the open day yesterday and still can't decide :rolleyes:

Out of interest, d'you mind telling me what your GCSE results were? If I do apply I'll be a straight Englisher but I think my GCSEs are pretty pap in comparison to the majority of applicants...

I went anyway and got in on the English talk :ninja: Slightly risky given that I travelled 3 hours to gets there, but worth it
    I was accepted 4 years ago to do English and German and my IGCSEs were good for me, but not all top grades in any way. I got two A*s, a B etc, etc. I think the requirement for English and German is lower than for straight English, but no harm applying? I think you need to do well in your A Levels / IB / other final exams and write a good personal statement though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    I was accepted 4 years ago to do English and German and my IGCSEs were good for me, but not all top grades in any way. I got two A*s, a B etc, etc. I think the requirement for English and German is lower than for straight English, but no harm applying? I think you need to do well in your A Levels / IB / other final exams and write a good personal statement though!
    Yeah, I'll probably put them down as a 'long shot' choice, I just really like the look of the course! I've already done my A levels and they're better than the entry requirements, hopefully that and my personal statement will be good enough to swing an interview

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth me applying for English with AAB?

a2:
    English Literature - A
    Maths - A
    Chemistry - B
    General Studies - A

as:
    Further Maths - A
    Physics - C

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.