Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigPash)
    I am the same...i just want to know either way now. :/
    It's the only place I have left to hear from now...

(Original post by lechaton-x)
    Don't worry saucepot, s'all gonna be alright!
    Thanks bbecat! ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dolly88)
    I got an offer for this course just before Christmas, to start this October...so excited!
    Congratulations! Is it conditional? Is warwick your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for a joint course with their personal statement being heavily weighted towards one of the subjects? I've applied for history and politics but my ps was almost completely history because I was applying for straight history elsewhere :\ It hasn't mattered at 2 of my unis as I have offers but Warwick is a little more prestigious... very worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tungsten180)
    Has anyone applied for a joint course with their personal statement being heavily weighted towards one of the subjects? I've applied for history and politics but my ps was almost completely history because I was applying for straight history elsewhere :\ It hasn't mattered at 2 of my unis as I have offers but Warwick is a little more prestigious... very worried
    I did exactly this with mathematics&physics
    In my ps i only wrote about physics mainly, but i assume they are so strongly connected that it doesn't really matter. York didnt mind

ReputationRep:
    Okay i just got an offer for economics but i don't get the conditions . please help me with this

This offer is subject to you obtaining

grades A*AA at A-Level in three subjects including Maths and

grade A at AS Level in one further subject.

I already have 4 As at AS level .. so this means I need A*AA in my Alevels or do I need to give another AS ?
    sorry maybe i am just too confused right now :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    Yeah, okay, we're not comparable at all

I'm on a gap year and got A*A*Ab, which probably sounds great on paper until you see that they were in in Eng Lit, Psychology, Film Studies and Art & Design/Photography. Not exactly the wisest of subject combinations, I know.
    Doesn't seem to bad. I mean, they expect you to have interests outside of English, don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkdithy666)
    Has anyone heard anything about law? I'm completely freaking out
    I have an offer for law but there's not too many of us so I think they've still got the majority to give out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andephilippe)
    Oh when did you get it ?
    February 8th, so yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    Doesn't seem to bad. I mean, they expect you to have interests outside of English, don't they?
    Yeah, but by the looks of things those interests are supposed to be History/Classics, a science or a foreign language :rolleyes: Oh well, guess I've still got four other options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkdithy666)
    Has anyone heard anything about law? I'm completely freaking out
    Nope, I've still heard nothing from Warwick for Law. I'm only waiting on them and Exeter now and that'll be my UCAS complete

Still... I wonder what's taking them so long. They've had my application 117 days now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xwinter45x)
    February 8th, so yesterday
    Oh yeah my bad when did you apply ?

ReputationRep:
    went to the language open day today, what an amazing uni!

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite have the will to read through the 80ish pages of comments, but I suppose it's ok for me to post here about grad programs? I received an unconditional offer for an MSc in Intercultural Communications for Business and the Professions, which I promptly accepted. Is anyone applying for this program/have people heard of it? (I'm an international student from France but living in Canada so I'm not exactly savvy when it comes to the British academic system...) It looks awesome on paper and is exactly what I want to study but I was curious about you all's opinion on it? Any info/link is more than welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalman)
    Okay i just got an offer for economics but i don't get the conditions . please help me with this

This offer is subject to you obtaining

grades A*AA at A-Level in three subjects including Maths and

grade A at AS Level in one further subject.

I already have 4 As at AS level .. so this means I need A*AA in my Alevels or do I need to give another AS ?
    sorry maybe i am just too confused right now :|
    Don't be confused All it means is that you have to have met all of the terms of the offer by the end of August - so given that you already have four As at AS you just (!) have to get A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eshika)
    Got an interview!! yay ! haha probably wont be able to go because ive got to fly from India in the middle of my exams, but still. YAY! Hopefully the essay that i have to write is good enough
    I got an interview too today! For the 18th March! EEEEEP!

:banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monicaca)
    I got an interview too today! For the 18th March! EEEEEP!

:banana:
    Good luck to both of you!

Bricking my interview. Am relying on the tea-making facilities to calm me down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjay123)
    Congratulations! Is it conditional? Is warwick your first choice?
    Yep it is AAB...could possibly be asking for an A in History but i cant quite remember if thats right. And yeah, I think it will be, I'm going to the open day next month so hopefully that will help me decide! x
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hey, I too have applied to Warwick. I applied for the four year Physics course (MPHYS) and have a conditional offer of AAB (as I do further maths). I liked Warwick much better than Durham, where I also have an offer (AAA), so I shall probably be making Warwick my firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dolly88)
    Yep it is AAB...could possibly be asking for an A in History but i cant quite remember if thats right. And yeah, I think it will be, I'm going to the open day next month so hopefully that will help me decide! x
    . What were your gcse and as grades I'm still waiting and thinking I'm going to be rejected soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble11)
    Is anyone else still waiting to hear back for English Lit & Creative Writing? The interview date is only 2 weeks from today and I've still got nothing so I'm assuming I'm rejected at this point :sad: I don't want to be all impatient but surely when inviting people to an interview Warwick must give them a reasonable amount of notice to make travel arrangements and whatnot :dontknow:
    I heard from them last Friday if it helps. There's still time!
    I'm super stressed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.