The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Got an offer for PPE.

It's my only offer and it's AAAC which is more than doable, but I think I will reject it and take a gap year to reapply because of Warwicks isolated reputation etc?
I need to be either in a city or a beautiful castle not a concrete jungle.
Is this a totally stupid idea?
If I take a gap year I might reapply for Economics so I have a better shot at my main choices- Oxford, LSE, Durham etc. and Ivy leagues in the US.

Am I being an idiot writing off Warwick?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks guys!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by wit-tank
Got an offer for PPE.

It's my only offer and it's AAAC which is more than doable, but I think I will reject it and take a gap year to reapply because of Warwicks isolated reputation etc?
If I take a gap year I might reapply for Economics so I have a better shot at my main choices- Oxford, LSE, Durham etc. and Ivy leagues in the US.

Thanks guys!

Yes, Warwick is a million times better than Durham for Econ.
Original post by mwagz
They did the same thing to me, yeah u'll be home student.

Doesn't mean we have offers though right?
Got an offer for PPE.

Thanks guys!

Up to you chick but you should know that PPE offers are pretty hard to come by, Warwick's probably second only to Oxford for the course, and the campus isn't a concrete jungle!
Got an offer for PPE.

Thanks guys!

If you do this, you'll be paying highter fees, also Ivy League in America is like 10-20 grand a year. Ouch. Warwick is really lovely, probably one of the best for your course and it is like a mini-city in itself.
Got an offer for PPE.

Thanks guys!

When did you receive your offer? And are you an international student or from the UK?
Would you also mind me asking what grades you got at AS?
I hate the waiting game!!
Reply 1946
anyone else waiting on law atm? I applied for the oxford deadline... still waiting...
Reckon I'm on a 'reserve' list or something? Surely they would have rejected me by now... :/ ?

Anyone else in this position?
Reply 1947
Original post by Woolf's muse
Oh so you spent another year retaking, how was that?

Oh, I'm not retaking. I really really thought I was gonna fail, but I didn't :colondollar: I'm just gap-yearing and it's going pretty good! I'm waaaay happier with the offers I have this year compared to last year and I get to read a load :biggrin: I think I'm going travelling in a couple months too, so yeah, it's gooood!
Reply 1948
Original post by zoooey
anyone else waiting on law atm? I applied for the oxford deadline... still waiting...
Reckon I'm on a 'reserve' list or something? Surely they would have rejected me by now... :/ ?

I applied for European Law on the 13th of Oct and have heard nothing but acknowledgement.
Reply 1949
Anyone heard from Literature and Philosophy?
Reply 1950
Original post by zoooey

Applied for Law with Studies Abroad and still waiting. I haven't seen that many rejections, but have seen a worrying amount of offers. However I hope it's my course choice that is causing it to be slower.
I am still waiting - I heard that somebody who applied with AABC at AS and A*ABBBBBC at GCSE got an offer yesterday :/

Which is totally bizarre because I submitted my application in before him (oxford deadline) and got AAAA and A*A*A*A*AAAAABB at GCSE. Doubt I'll get an offer though - rejected form Durham last week :frown:

I'm so confused - do you think its alphabetical at Warwick or processed in order of when you submitted your application? :/
Original post by remccusker1
I am still waiting - I heard that somebody who applied with AABC at AS and A*ABBBBBC at GCSE got an offer yesterday :/

Which is totally bizarre because I submitted my application in before him (oxford deadline) and got AAAA and A*A*A*A*AAAAABB at GCSE. Doubt I'll get an offer though - rejected form Durham last week :frown:

I'm so confused - do you think its alphabetical at Warwick or processed in order of when you submitted your application? :/

I don't think it's judged on grades alone - your personal statement would have heavily weighted it one way or the other.
I've been waiting since Oct and there are people who have been offered for my subject who applied in Jan - they're just being cruel now D:
Hmmm... I doubt that it's the PS... They probs don't even look at it!

Its so frustrating I'm close to chewing my hand off with anticipation waiting for Warwick now!!! It looks like you'll get your Warwick offer though if you have an offer from Notts! Well done on your offers :smile:
Original post by remccusker1
Hmmm... I doubt that it's the PS... They probs don't even look at it!

Its so frustrating I'm close to chewing my hand off with anticipation waiting for Warwick now!!! It looks like you'll get your Warwick offer though if you have an offer from Notts! Well done on your offers :smile:

Mmm I'll bet they do! I got rejected from Manchester because my PS wasn't analytical enough... and I bet it didn't help that I spelt Barack Obama wrong!

Mmm I'm so happy with three B's, other people there when I went to an open day were ABB/AAB. Woop.

Warwick need to hurry up though :frown: this is making me sad.
Warwick definitely set a lot of store by the personal statement for most courses. Everyone gets the same offer but you do sometimes see people with perfect grades who get a rejection while someone with more mixed grades gets an offer, because that person wrote a better statement.
Went to the maths open day yesterday, LOVED it! Really hope I make the offer now! but I know it's highly unlikely :tongue:

EDIT: Why have I been neg repped for this!? My first ever neg rep, I'm so upset :'(
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1957
OFFER FROM WARWICK!!!

:dance: :dance: :woo: :woo:

I am ****ing over the moon!!! Thank you people for the support, THANK YOU WARWICK!!!
Original post by sango
OFFER FROM WARWICK!!!

I am ****ing over the moon!!! Thank you people for the support, THANK YOU WARWICK!!!

:biggrin:
Reply 1959
Original post by sango
OFFER FROM WARWICK!!!

Congratulations!

See you there :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending