Turn on thread page Beta

Help, I need to get a stain out of a velvet dress watch

ReputationRep:
    I borrowed this amazing black velvet dress from my friend for a posh works night out last night. Unfortunately there was a bit of an accident and I need to get a rather obvious stain out of it before I let her have it back.

Any advice? Is dry cleaning going to be the only option?

ReputationRep:
    What is the stain?

ReputationRep:
    white wine. gets most stains out. its better if you rub it in whilst the stain is still fresh but it does work after the stain has dried too don't worry good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii40)
    white wine. gets most stains out. its better if you rub it in whilst the stain is still fresh but it does work after the stain has dried too don't worry good luck
    Is that safe on velvet?

ReputationRep:
    I would be a bit scared of the white wine on velvet, if im hoenst i would play it safe and tell your friend you had an accident with it but you will pay for dry cleaning accidents happen and she wont mind

ReputationRep:
    Cleaners cupboard was it? Tut tut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthi-SH)
    if im hoenst i would play it safe and tell your friend you had an accident with it but you will pay for dry cleaning accidents happen and she wont mind
    Yeah but there are bound to be questions about what the stain is if i 'fess up.

ReputationRep:
    "ah, Miss Lewinsky, we haven't seen you in a while...."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devongirl)
    Yeah but there are bound to be questions about what the stain is if i 'fess up.
    A stain is a stain, regardless of what caused it, shes your friend, she will forgive you if you get it cleaned. accidents happen

ReputationRep:
    :perv:

ReputationRep:
    What is the stain? It really does matter.

ReputationRep:
    It's semen. The stupid **** pulled out at the last moment and immediately shot his load up the front of the dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devongirl)
    It's semen. The stupid **** pulled out at the last moment and immediately shot his load up the front of the dress.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Next time, use a condom.

Oh and an STI test perhaps. Oh, and you gotta 'come clean' to your mate unless you really want to go handing a dress to a dry cleaners with *** on it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Next time, use a condom.

Oh and an STI test perhaps. Oh, and you gotta 'come clean' to your mate unless you really want to go handing a dress to a dry cleaners with *** on it lol.
    It could possibly be her boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Next time, use a condom.

Nice pun :p:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.