Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How many suitcases/boxes are going to/or already have taken to uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm moving into my hall tomorrow at Southampton. Ive got 3 large suitcases, a box full of shoes, 3 small suitcases for hair dryer makeup junk etc, a bin liner full of duvets etc, and 3 boxes with food kitchen stuff ? Is this too much? I do not want to seem like I'm like those high maintenance girls, but thinking thoroughly and carefully I need most stuff.

ReputationRep:
    1 large suitcase full of all my clothes, 1 carrier bag of coat hangers, a few rucksacks, a few boxes, and a few carrier bags full of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a large suitcase and a smaller suitcase and a few boxes (3? 4?) filled with random ****. I've also got a flat-pack bookshelf and a rolled up carpet.. Yeah, the carpet is a weird addition but I refuse to leave it behind. Haha!

ReputationRep:
    I took a 90l box full of food, 2 underbed boxes full of kitchen stuff and cleaning products for my ensuite, a large suitcase full of clothes and a smaller box also full of clothes, and also 2 black bin liners with stuff for my bed (incl. 5 teddies, 2 sets of bed covers, a duvet, a throw, 2 pillows and a cushion) and then 2 small bags with my laptop and hairdryer in. So no i don't think ur taking too much, we filled my dads people carrier with stuff and ive still forgotten things which i hope my mummy will bring to me in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    This is like a massive advert for thieves xD

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge trunk, a very large suitcase, a small suitcase, a basket, the base for my mirror, a large handbag, 2 satchels, 5 'bag for life' carrier bag things & my normal handbag. That sounds like a little bit more than you're taking, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    don't forget the black box:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    not a fresher anymore... but i'm taking a hell of alot.

with a roofbox i barely fit in the car with whoevers taking me, and we have a zafira, so its hardly a small car

(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    not a fresher anymore... but i'm taking a hell of alot.

with a roofbox i barely fit in the car with whoevers taking me, and we have a zafira, so its hardly a small car
    What, you mean you're filling a Zafira? :eek:

My stuff should fit in ours quite easily - I've got a large suitcase and three plastic stackers so far. It's ideal, since it leaves space for family members to help me carry it all.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    What, you mean you're filling a Zafira? :eek:

My stuff should fit in ours quite easily - I've got a large suitcase and three plastic stackers so far. It's ideal, since it leaves space for family members to help me carry it all.

:p:
    yeh i'd personally like a bigger car

the main things which fill it up are my fatboy and speakers

but then i have smoothie maker, kettle, panini press, waffle iron, 2 monitors/tvs, another set of speakers, guitar hero, BIG bag of assorted electrical crap.... thats a list of stuff i've piled in my lounge... still more random crap to come, then theres 3 suitcases of clothing to follow along with all my folders/notes.

and i have to pack it all up and bring it all home in a couple of months... such an effort

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.