Turn on thread page Beta

Another 'need to lose a stone' thread. HELP. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I need some help with losing a bit of weight. I'm a girl, I currently weigh at about 10 stone 2 pounds and I really want to get my weight down to around 9 stone. I'm fairly tall (5 ft 8.8) and I wouldn't call myself 'fat' however I just want to lose that little extra chubbiness that I have at the moment.

I have tried what seems like so many diets (high protein, no carbs, etc) combined with exercise, however the weight just doesn't seem to shift.

Any ideas on how I can lose this weight? diet/meal plans? :/

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been on these diet+exercise routines for before giving up?

ReputationRep:
    Find out you BMR, then subtract 500 calories from it, and stick to it.
    If you stick to this I PROMISE you will lose the weight, especially if you're doing cardio with that.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest eating tiny meals but frequently throughout the day. This keeps your metabolism high. Foods low in fats and carbs may help, but do not cut them out! So many girls do this and it really isn't healthy nor does it actually help your body at all.

Little things like getting a full night's rest, drinking lots of water also apparently help to keep your metabolism up and, when teamed with a good exercise plan (I'd suggest lots of cardio followed by something like yoga, which helps to tone), you should be able to see a weight loss. It probably won't be as dramatic and super fast as a 'crash diet'... But then that's the way it should be. A gradual weight loss over a longer period means you're more likely to keep it off, rather than a quick and dramatic one.

ReputationRep:
    simple; eat low calorie food, exercise regularly and gradually you should notice a difference in weight.

ReputationRep:
    Theres no secret to weight loss - if you "burn" more calories than you consume you will lose weight - so - pretty simply - eat less, excersise more. The best excersise would be heavy lifting and HIIT which you can google.

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous. 9 stone at your height is practically starving.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, you need to eat. Fukkin 9 stone?! Whats up with all these TSR people who want to be extras in schindlers list?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    9 stone at that height is not ridiculous at all. I range between 8.5 and 9 at a little shorter than that (5ft8) and you can judge from my profile pic that I'm not "an extra in Schindler's list" (which is actually a bit offensive tbh) I have curves, my boobs are a C cup, and my waist:hip is about 0.6, which is curvier than the ideal (0.7) So actually, what she's aiming for isn't ridiculous at all. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    9 stone at that height is not ridiculous at all. I range between 8.5 and 9 at a little shorter than that (5ft8) and you can judge from my profile pic that I'm not "an extra in Schindler's list" (which is actually a bit offensive tbh) I have curves, my boobs are a C cup, and my waist:hip is about 0.6, which is curvier than the ideal (0.7) So actually, what she's aiming for isn't ridiculous at all. Good luck
    This entirely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craaaig)
    Find out you BMR, then subtract 500 calories from it, and stick to it.
    If you stick to this I PROMISE you will lose the weight, especially if you're doing cardio with that.

So apparently if I eat 1000cals per day I will definitely lose the weight? Are there any particular low fat foods that will help with the weight loss? At the moment i'm eating mainly vegetables, fish, eggs and some wholegrains. And drinking loads of water and green tea.

To the users who suggested that weighing 9 stone at my height is 'ridiculous', I disagree completely. 9 stone is a healthy weight for my height and your biased opinion doesn't matter to me at all, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    If your BMR is 1500, then eat 1000, but it will take a few months to lose the weight, but that way you alter your whole lifestyle and will be more likely to stay slim. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    So apparently if I eat 1000cals per day I will definitely lose the weight? Are there any particular low fat foods that will help with the weight loss? At the moment i'm eating mainly vegetables, fish, eggs and some wholegrains. And drinking loads of water and green tea.

To the users who suggested that weighing 9 stone at my height is 'ridiculous', I disagree completely. 9 stone is a healthy weight for my height and your biased opinion doesn't matter to me at all, sorry.
    Eat a lot of spicy food, drink green tea and increase your caffeine intake by drinking coffee ... these are all things that are regulalry suggested to boost metabolism. I'm not sure how conclusive the scientific evidence behind it is, but some studies have shown that they help a little bit

ReputationRep:
    I was once 8.5 stone at 6'1". And I survived without any problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexy_me)
    I was once 8.5 stone at 6'1". And I survived without any problems.
    Just because people can survive being underweight doesn't mean it's a healthy thing to do. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    I need some help with losing a bit of weight. I'm a girl, I currently weigh at about 10 stone 2 pounds and I really want to get my weight down to around 9 stone. I'm fairly tall (5 ft 8.8) and I wouldn't call myself 'fat' however I just want to lose that little extra chubbiness that I have at the moment.

I have tried what seems like so many diets (high protein, no carbs, etc) combined with exercise, however the weight just doesn't seem to shift.

Any ideas on how I can lose this weight? diet/meal plans? :/
    Very easy, exercise yourself to the limit of your abilities regularly and watch your diet. I lost 4 stone in 2 months this way 6 years ago (it's still off).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Just because people can survive being underweight doesn't mean it's a healthy thing to do. :p:
    True. I feel a lot better now having a healthy BMI, in many ways, but I never had any serious problems even at a BMI of less than 16. Just got colds more often and felt not as alert.

We are, in general, a lot fatter than we used to be, and have more sedentary lifestlyes. I think what most people would view as healthy, in the western world, is probably slightly overweight.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.