Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there many hot guys who don't think they're good looking? watch

ReputationRep:
    There are quite a lot of really hot girls who do not think they are good looking or have low self-esteem because they used to be ugly when they were younger and were bullied for it. There must be a lot of guys out there in that situation too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i was just wondering... most hot guys i know seem to be "fit and he knows it" if you know what i mean... but my friend is sooo hot but he's not like the other guys.. i don't know.. he's just not cocky or arrogant and he doesn't go after girls or flirt much.. he doesn't seem to be too confidant with girls... do you think it's possible he thinks he's ugly?
    It is very possible, especially in the UK as hot guys (and girls) get little attention as girls tend to label them as dicks to justify their own insecurity's about the possibility of being rejected by a hot guy. He most likely does not think that he is ugly, but he won't think he is good looking unless he has some experience to base his looks on eg. previously having a hot girlfriend or being told he is good looking etc etc.

(Original post by Koobideh)
    There are quite a lot of really hot girls who do not think they are good looking or have low self-esteem because they used to be ugly when they were younger and were bullied for it. There must be a lot of guys out there in that situation too.
    Normally they were bullied because they were hot. Girls have a tendency to ***** and pick on the attractive girl and run the persons confidence into the ground due to jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin1265)
    I look like Justin Bieber. When I walk down the street I get people staring me out. It's weird.

My mates say I should enter a Justin Bieber look alike competition but I don't have the confidence.

All the girls at my school smile at me when I look at them, and think I'm cute. So far I've had 13 girl friends in 4 months

So it has its advantages but honestly last year I was fat and ugly. Strange isn't it how things change.

I know lots of attractive mates who think they're ugly but they're not. I know lots of ugly guys who think they're hot but they're not.

Anyway, I'm just awesome now. :yep:
    I'm surprised you had that many gfs tbh, Justin Bieber is a munter.

ReputationRep:
    I look like Justin Bieber. When I walk down the street I get people staring me out. It's weird.

My mates say I should enter a Justin Bieber look alike competition but I don't have the confidence.

All the girls at my school smile at me when I look at them, and think I'm cute. So far I've had 13 girl friends in 4 months

So it has its advantages but honestly last year I was fat and ugly. Strange isn't it how things change.

I know lots of attractive mates who think they're ugly but they're not. I know lots of ugly guys who think they're hot but they're not.

wtf...looking like Justin Bieber is something to be proud of?.....this is hilarious, to say the least

ReputationRep:
    He's either gay, shy or thinks he is ugly.
    I've met a few guys who think they're ugly who are actually quite hot.

ReputationRep:

Congratulations on being the biggest **** on this thread, and exactly the arrogant type of guy the OP was talking about.

13 girlfriends in 4 months? That is not something to be proud of. For one thing, you probably have all the STI's on the planet inside you. Second, you look like Justin Bieber, which isn't a good thing. The only reason girls are after you is because you look like him, and it's the only way their sick minds will feel satisfied, since they can't get the real Bieber.

To the OP, probably. Then again there are some guys who get called hot rarely, and ignored the rest of the time. That's me. I just end up thinking I'm average anyway.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    It is very possible, especially in the UK as hot guys (and girls) get little attention as girls tend to label them as dicks to justify their own insecurity's about the possibility of being rejected by a hot guy. He most likely does not think that he is ugly, but he won't think he is good looking unless he has some experience to base his looks on eg. previously having a hot girlfriend or being told he is good looking etc etc.

Normally they were bullied because they were hot. Girls have a tendency to ***** and pick on the attractive girl and run the persons confidence into the ground due to jealousy.

its not just that its because they get played by lads that only want them for sex too and treat them like garbage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    :lolwut:
    don't be proud of that.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    You're all so bloody stupid!

Most of you seem to think that there are only 2 or 3 possible reasons why he could be acting like he is....there's no limit to how many bloody reasons there could be(i think only one person has managed to mention this)!

He could be shy or think he is ugly, but equally he could have made some other strange decision to not touch women or loads of other reasons(btw have u even considered that looks can also largely be down to personal opinion)

So your way of making a judgment is totally flawed, you have no information on this guy, know nothing about him and yet you're trying to guess what goes on in his mind.

My advice: dont read too much into his behaviour, because theres so many potential reasons for it its ridiculous and youll probably just end up judging totally wrongly.

And if when it comes to important decisions in your life dont make judgments in this way youll probably just end up hurting ppl around you(ok fine in this case it doesnt rly matter that much because ur probably not going to hurt anyone much)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyJB49)
    Wow. I don't think I've ever meet an attractive girl who DOESN'T act like these cocky 'hot' guys are a magnet for them! Good to hear x
    Ha, thanks.. i dont care how 'Hot' a guy is, if he is cocky, i cant look past it because its really unattractive.

I can only think of 2 girls who may like guys like this (and they're a little immature).. but most girls i know dont like 'cocky or arrogant' guys .
    Even if a girl goes for a guy because of his looks, his personality will get to her eventually.

I think some girls go through a phase with liking those type of guys, but its always been something ive personally found unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    I've been (unanimously) told I'm an 8 and would be a 9+ if I was taller. I think I'm a 4 maybe 5. Does that count? I think they were all just tryong to be polite or they are a bit crazy.

I don't really do try much with girls. The few I have been interested in were in serious relationships. Actually a couple of them were tempted but I stopped them. I think I deserve a medal.

ReputationRep:
    So far I've had 13 girl friends in 4 months
    ~a girlfriend a week?
    Gotta love the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've known a couple. In my experience, they're pretty rare.

Usually they know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrazyKro)
    "We are a rare breed "
    Whats that movie in you sig?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds a bit like Ugly duckling syndrome. A lot of boys undergo radical change during their teens and during these formative years, children can be especially hurful to those that they consider ugly. Then, when they finish growth, and elave shcool, they find themselves being told they aren't as ugly as they once were. So, their natural belief is to not understand it or just to pass it over. So it could be down to past experiences at school.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe being transfixed with a stiff object by someone with an impressive array of facial hair and the noticeable presence of the Y chrosome is more his thing.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I wouldn't know if I was classed as good looking. Thus my looks don't make my personality :P

ReputationRep:
    It's more possible for a goodlooking man not to realise he is,because people tend to compliment goodlooking females more. In our society rightly or wrongly females are judged much more than men are about their appearance.

Then despite what girls will tell you or guys who lie, men do not get approached as much as women, by the opposite sex. Men are still expected to chat up girls. So it is more likely a goodlooking man may not realise this,especially if he is shy.

If a goodlooking man is insecure about his looks or has hang up, a man worrying about his looks,is seen as an indication he is a practicing homosexual or a girly man.Men are not beautiful, the only people who think this are homosexuals or girls who take arty subjects at university or are [email protected] hags.

Attractive Men are handsome,so society has different standards for how handsome men should behave. So he is more likely to keep his worries to himself, creating a viscious circle as he lacks confidence to approach women, seems self absorbed and is very attractive so girls assume he is arrogant.

In my experience girls are judgemental of a attractive man without a steady girlfriend,they will think homosexual, arrogant , a player, or something a bit wrong with him .Partly because most girls are extremely insecure and will assume those are the reason he doesn't approach them. All negative things, at least for a hetrosexual man . This hardly helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Really and truly most hot guys know they are hot. Why? Because girls always compliment men if they have good features and what not. And random teen age girls will come upto and talk. There is no such thing as a hot guy who doesnt know hes hot. But you can know you're goodlooking and be really humble about it.
    = cake and aqsaa missed their chance.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    im ugly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.