Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Having sex with a guy you're only seeing/dating and not exclusive with.... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    Condoms are magical. Unless you're having sex with somebody with Herpes or HPV. I really wish people were more aware of HPV, how contageous it is, how it can cause cervical cancer very quickly and that girls should be REALLY careful who they're sleeping with. Cancer isn't fun girls. That one shag can seriosly f*ck up your life
    HPV jabs are also pretty damn useful in that case

(Original post by pina.love)
    lots of people have STIs, some do not even know they have one.

also lots of people get lost in the moment and cba to use a condom.
    I really don't have much respect for people that can't be bothered to use a condom with somebody whose sexual history they don't know or could possibly have an STI. But meh, that's just me.

I started sleeping with my now boyfriend before we were official, turned out he thought we were really boyfriend/girlfriend for ages and we just never spoke about it! Quite amusing when we actually had the conversation haha, but he isnt so good at the whole communication thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    I can't do it. I only sleep with guys I know I want to have a serious commitment to and because I can't separate sex and emotions, I know that if I do sleep with a guy I don't want to have a serious commitment to, then I'll just end up falling for him and deluding myself into something that isn't real, which leads to drama and pain - something I can't be fxcked with.
    I've never understood this. So does that mean if you sleep with a guy you don't like and aren't attracted you, you'd magically start having feelings for him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    I've never understood this. So does that mean if you sleep with a guy you don't like and aren't attracted you, you'd magically start having feelings for him?
    I'd obviously be physically attracted to him, or else I wouldn't be having sex with him in the first place, and I would probably like him in the sense that he's a dude I could talk to, but yeah. If I slept with him, my mind makes that illogical connection that I must like him in that way. So I figure I'd save everybody the drama and just stay celibate.

ReputationRep:
    *subscribes*

ReputationRep:
    whys everyone so 'oh no, i have to be in a committed relationship!!' very surprising actually cos that's ******** for the VAST majority of people i know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblle)
    Sure they are. Shame most posters here are older than 16 and therefore too old to have it, and the jab only helps protect you from a few strains of it. Granted, it keeps away the two most agressive types, but there are hundreds. Be very selective with who you let in your knickers is all i'm saying.

ReputationRep:
    Sure they are. Shame most posters here are older than 16 and therefore too old to have it, and the jab only helps protect you from a few strains of it. Granted, it keeps away the two most agressive types, but there are hundreds. Be very selective with who you let in your knickers is all i'm saying. I didn't think it would happen to me either!
    Woww can you not get it if you're over 16 anymore? I had my first two when I was 17 and my last one when I was 18.
    But yes. Good advice there =] most people don't even consider HPV when they think of STIs

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Never ever ever.

ReputationRep:
    Sure they are. Shame most posters here are older than 16 and therefore too old to have it, and the jab only helps protect you from a few strains of it. Granted, it keeps away the two most agressive types, but there are hundreds. Be very selective with who you let in your knickers is all i'm saying.
    But, correct me if I'm wrong, but sexual health check ups don't include screening for hpv, in which case every boyfriend you've ever slept with may have had it and passed it on to you? I don't see how sleeping with people who you don't happen to be in a committed relationship with is any worse? Unless you're working on the assumption that those willing to sleep with people they are not exclusive with will be sleeping with more people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblle)

I really don't have much respect for people that can't be bothered to use a condom with somebody whose sexual history they don't know or could possibly have an STI. But meh, that's just me.
    that is because you have a brain, unlike some people
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I had mine at 17/18

ReputationRep:
    Condoms are magical. Unless you're having sex with somebody with Herpes or HPV. I really wish people were more aware of HPV, how contageous it is, how it can cause cervical cancer very quickly and that girls should be REALLY careful who they're sleeping with. Cancer isn't fun girls. That one shag can seriosly f*ck up your life

One shag can create life too, how scary.

ReputationRep:
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elynnor1811)
    whys everyone so 'oh no, i have to be in a committed relationship!!' very surprising actually cos that's ******** for the VAST majority of people i know.
    The people on this forum aren't exactly representative of "normal" people. Check how many "loser" threads there are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    The people on this forum aren't exactly representative of "normal" people. Check how many "loser" threads there are.
    true.. very true.

ReputationRep:
    If we can **** as many girls as we want, why cant you do the same with boys without feeling guilty or whatever?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.